UK Summer Cup 2015

So how do we all feel about doing the draw for the 1st day matches live when we get there in the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the bar? Spiffing.

Although I do quite like thinking about who might play whom...Who could lead the teams off? Who could be anchor? All very exciting...

Geo / Doc saw you chiming in on the RSI threads...how do you feel about them now?

In the bar? Spiffing.

Although I do quite like thinking about who might play whom...Who could lead the teams off? Who could be anchor? All very exciting...

Geo / Doc saw you chiming in on the RSI threads...how do you feel about them now?

It will give us a chance to discuss as a team about who wants to go out when on the day. Suspense to the last minute!

I have the RSi2's and they are a great iron. Took some adjustment from the MP-64's especially on feel but the forgiveness is jolly handy indeed!

Intensely quiet on this thread. Is everyone out there practicing? Team meetings perhaps?

first round in over a fortnight scheduled for Sunday. Could the rest have worked miracles?

How we all playing boys?

and more importantly - is the Suedette fitted for a turquoise dress? Does she look like an aqua-marine Meringue?

Had my usual range session on Sunday, round booked for Saturday, maybe a range session on Sunday if I have time and if the round on Saturday was a bad one

Hoping for at least 1 round the following weekend, maybe 2 as Jen is away with the girls so I have a free weekend, so it looks like I will be able to play every weekend between now and Close House....although how much a bonus that will be is debatable

I think Swedette the and her fellow ladies are going purple.. And don't ask me how I know that!

Golf wise I might have made a bad move this Saturday.. Carding a 76 (net 67) which took me down to 10,0.. Though it's the EGA system so I'll be playing of 24 with the rest of you! ;)

Nice round there Linus, hitting form at just the right time....or have you peaked a fraction too early :alien:

In the bar? Spiffing.

I didn't go with the RSI, I have a nice shiny set of Srixon Z545 so can't help with any info about them to be honest

It will give us a chance to discuss as a team about who wants to go out when on the day. Suspense to the last minute!

I have the RSi2's and they are a great iron. Took some adjustment from the MP-64's especially on feel but the forgiveness is jolly handy indeed!

You're scared and just want to try and avoid playing against me don't you..... :D

Hey doc - I saw lots of love for the Z545. However - not for lefties apparently:angry:

RSis do have me intrigued both the 1 and the 2 - though in fairness there is nothing at all wrong with the G30s - the problems begin above the grip!

and Doc? We are all scared of going out against you - especially after all that practice!

Last edited:
Yeah, lack of lefty clubs can be a problem when considering new ones, so you will just have to take my word on how good they feel to hit

As for the practice, only time will tell how much use it is

I have a scratch knockout tonight and a medal on Sunday so by next week all could be happy with golf or all could be despair with golf!!

...how could I forget we have a Kent league match at Princes on Sat, jolly happy about that!!

...how could I forget we have a Kent league match at Princes on Sat, jolly happy about that!!

Fun track...DONT find out why Sarazen invented the sand wedge. That Bunker is a BAR STEWARD....

Last edited:
Fun track...DONT find out why Saracen invented the sand wedge. That Bunker is a BAR STEWARD....

Speaking from experience are we.....? :alien:

Speaking from experience are we.....? :alien:

Yep.

Played Royal St George and Princes with the Dane last year. Links bunkering. Evil.

Yep.

Played Royal St George and Princes with the Dane last year. Links bunkering. Evil.

No bunkers are that evil, you have a 60 degree wedge in your bag so where's the problem, just make sure you have plenty of cigars :D

No bunkers are that evil, you have a 60 degree wedge in your bag so where's the problem, just make sure you have plenty of cigars :D

We need to get you out on some classic links and in some bunkers...

the 60 degree is for ensuring a good splash as the ball hits the water hazard....

Played Portmarnock over in Ireland, does that count...? :D

Bunkers do not bother me at all, only once did I not get out of a bunker on the first try. Would love to try the old St Andrews road hole bunker challenge one day

Played Portmarnock over in Ireland, does that count...? :D

Bunkers do not bother me at all, only once did I not get out of a bunker on the first try. Would love to try the old St Andrews road hole bunker challenge one day

I would say Portmarnock would certainly count...

A little testy

A little testy

imagejpeg

http://princesgolfclub.co.uk/news-story.php?id=44

Don't know if it is because I am on my mobile but I am only seeing a blue ?

I've not hit a ball for two weeks :bad:

I'm playing Saturday and hoping to play sunday too as the Mrs is away :D

Not a bad little bunker in that link there El B, would love to have a go getting out out of that

I've not hit a ball for two weeks :bad:

I'm playing Saturday and hoping to play sunday too as the Mrs is away :D

Crap, the Mrs has just pi$$ed on my Mr Chips, she's not going away till next weekend...

Crap, the Mrs has just pi$$ed on my Mr Chips, she's not going away till next weekend...

27/28th weekend? I have a free weekend that one as Jen is away as well if you fancy a round somewhere?

Won the scratch match tonight 3&2. Played solid.
Next up Princes, bring it on!!

Nice one Si, shame it won't help the southerners when you head up here :D

Won the scratch match tonight 3&2. Played solid.
Next up Princes, bring it on!!

Nice work Skip.

27/28th weekend? I have a free weekend that one as Jen is away as well if you fancy a round somewhere?

Yep, free sunday 28th. Hit me up buddy :good:

Yep, free sunday 28th. Hit me up buddy :good:

Ok, let me check what time I need to be back to pick Jen up and then I will have an idea of what time we can tee off somewhere

Any courses in mind? I have never played it but keep hearing people talk about Sharpley if you fancy it?

Back