UK Summer Cup 2015

The Northmen are indeed strong.

Not a weak link amongst them. Will_I_hook is talking of great form. CragRat smarts as his son is regularly beating him now. Three local boys speak the language, know the air and the weather. The Danes rejoice in a victory in Ireland and the Swede is warming up with two days local golf and local brew. All led by the best preshotroutine in the business.

From the South however come a team that between them has every shot. Whether the right shot can come out at the right time however is always a question. Some mercurial talents - who might follow a two with an eight and some golfing quality in the form of a true cocktail. Baileys, Ice and Jaegermeister(Geo) are all tipped to do well in the singles.

Then of course - the great equaliser. Surely the Northerners won't be crazy enough to lead at the end of day one? Nobody wants to see their golfing hopes drowned in a maelstrom of hard-hitting vodka shots while the trailing southerners sip meditatively at their sherry and vintage wine....

will get payment off to shortly, one short note I am as Scot and reside in the North :D , but I will do you proud.

Payment sent

Last edited:
will get payment off to shortly, one short note I am a Scot and reside in the North :D , but I will do you proud.

Payment sent
In true Barbarian form, a mercenary! Hmm, maybe the genteel Southern gentlemen have a chance after all. :act-up:

In true Barbarian form, a mercenary! Hmm, maybe the genteel Southern gentlemen have a chance after all. :act-up:

Or the pressure of the first event will prove too much :alien:

Sounds great Stu, this is going to be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great Stu, this is going to be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are always fun, but the northern tribe is not letting you leave victorious :D

Fingers crossed we get a round together this year Si

will get payment off to shortly, one short note I am as Scot and reside in the North :D , but I will do you proud.

Payment sent

Yep...Sam lives in Sheffield and Dirk and I are both Scots. We are nothing if not a motley crew!

Payment sent :good:

Even had a lesson today! :deadhorse:

Chas and Dirk bring a lot of shots to the table Doc.

Beware...
I need those shots. :D, and I have just got an extra 1 as my handicap went up to 25 now.

Did you get my payment?

Last edited:
Well after the early season form and back to back 79's i find myself back up to 9.5 so it looks like i'll be bringing my usual game down south
with a brand new dozen this member of the northern hoards will be visiting all corners of the two courses :bulgy-eyes:

Stu, I'll get the Mrs to chuck some cash your way tomorrow night when she gets home :good:

Almdudler, where are you staying?

Whitburn is a nice little course and it backs onto South Shields (which is my home town!).
Haven't booked something yet.. I'm kind of deciding between oncourse hotel with golf or city centre hotel for beer and food..

I vote Newcastle city centre, I guarantee you will LOVE it. Pluss, there's a few courses within a few miles so it would be cheap and easy to get too :drinks:

I vote Newcastle city centre, I guarantee you will LOVE it. Pluss, there's a few courses within a few miles so it would be cheap and easy to get too :drinks:
Thanks for confirming my initial thought! You've made up my mind!

I need those shots. :D, and I have just got an extra 1 as my handicap went up to 25 now.

Did you get my payment?

Payments Received from Damo and Chas - Thank you Gents.

Payments Received from Damo and Chas - Thank you Gents.

Just need to get my game in order now.. I'm either on fire or look like I've never held a club before at the mo!....

Just treated myself to some new clubs this week, got the big Bertha mini driver and Mack daddy PM grind wedges. Meant to be club championship tomorrow, but the weather will be wild rain and 45mph gusts. Will be interesting

Right girls - Team Shirts.

Usually we do a value for money golf shirt to commemorate the event.

They will cost something between £15 to £20 depending on printing etc.

What's the feeling? Do you want me to get some done or would you rather preserve the money for beer?

Answer on the thread and Ill go with the majority view.

Off to my warm weather training camp in Cyprus (I'm told Tyneside can get tropical in July) - but I can manage the order process remotely:alien:

I am playing golf with Preston tomorrow so I will ask him and then post back and let you know

I am happy to have one but will go with the majority

What's the feeling? Do you want me to get some done or would you rather preserve the money for beer?

Off to my warm weather training camp in Cyprus (I'm told Tyneside can get tropical in July) - but I can manage the order process remotely:alien:
I'll have one!

I'm fine to go with the magority..

Just played 18 in 45mph sustained wind = not fun!!

Hit a PW from 165 to pin high down wind then from the same yardage into the wind I flushed a 5i 10 yards short!!

Love those kind of rounds.....not!

Played a few like that myself and it totally messes with your head

shirts

shirts

Beer out weights shirts so I'd vote no. For anyone coming up early theres good course at Ponteland Slaley Hall and City of Newcastle in Gosforth

I just have to share a photo from the best Monday so far in my life! Yeah, I've just played golf with non other than Sam Torrence!! Freaking awesome day!
d967964a0c2bfe09a9980ede686781a7.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433779616796.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433779616796.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back