Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callaway big Bertha alpha 815 hybrid.

Oh my sweet lord do I ever hit that thing well.

They are pretty darn solid. A little bit bigger head shape but geared toward the "better player" with CG placement, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with mine thus far.

They are pretty darn solid. A little bit bigger head shape but geared toward the "better player" with CG placement, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with mine thus far.
Buddy, I have hammered that thing ever time I hit it. Love.

Buddy, I have hammered that thing ever time I hit it. Love.
Well, why is this still a ponder and not a purchase? Besides that you hammer tons of clubs...

Odyssey 330m tank cruiser or metal x milled version.
Pondering away

Day 7: Cobra Fly-Z+Forged

Day 7: Cobra Fly-Z+Forged

you should just start quoting yourself form the previous day, much easier to track lol.

I hit the Fly-Z line at golfsmith...in work clothes, it was no bueno

you should just start quoting yourself form the previous day, much easier to track lol.

But you looked like a boss!

Yeah, at this point it's just when, I've even considered offing more putters, so you know its serious.

I hit the FlyZ driver a couple times yesterday, very BioCell 2.0ish to me, which is a good thing for my swing.

I blame the work clothes

obviously, we both know my swings that dont count are a thing of beauty
I'll never forget the first time I saw you practice swing, "Mike! Wtf was that!?! It was perfect!"

I'll never forget the first time I saw you practice swing, "Mike! Wtf was that!?! It was perfect!"
Stupid ball gets in the way

obviously, we both know my swings that dont count are a thing of beauty

trevino-head-shake.gif

New blade putter cover since I lost mine last round. Looking for something cool but inexpensive. Might do the handle with care THP cover

But you looked like a boss!

Yeah, at this point it's just when, I've even considered offing more putters, so you know its serious.

I hit the FlyZ driver a couple times yesterday, very BioCell 2.0ish to me, which is a good thing for my swing.

I did not need to read that. I think the Fly Z+ head looks so much better than the Bio Cell+ head because it doesn't have the silly white outer part on the crown that the Bio Cell+ head has....might need to buy the Fly Z+ head and pop the shaft from my Bio Cell+ in there.

I catch myself looking at new irons all the time. I haven't been able to part with my current (albeit older) set. Right now the Ping i25s, AP2s, and MP-54 have my attention. Although I do want to hit the J15CB and Z745s

I catch myself looking at new irons all the time. I haven't been able to part with my current (albeit older) set. Right now the Ping i25s, AP2s, and MP-54 have my attention. Although I do want to hit the J15CB and Z745s

Don't sleep on the J15's or the z745's dude!!! Amazing irons.

You do want to hit the J15 CB's. You do. They are better than the other 3 you listed IMO.

And I've hit the z545's before and loved them, but haven't hit the z745's yet. They are on my ponder list though of a combo set of z545/z745

I did not need to read that. I think the Fly Z+ head looks so much better than the Bio Cell+ head because it doesn't have the silly white outer part on the crown that the Bio Cell+ head has....might need to buy the Fly Z+ head and pop the shaft from my Bio Cell+ in there.
I know you love the Bio+ though, could always go through cobra and custom one out without the white, I had a black on black one in my cart at one point. 199 is silly good.
You do want to hit the J15 CB's. You do. They are better than the other 3 you listed IMO.

And I've hit the z545's before and loved them, but haven't hit the z745's yet. They are on my ponder list though of a combo set of z545/z745
If they had an AW, I'd be curious.

In my humble opinion dbd nor xr pro offers anything substantial over the xr. Other than less forgiveness lol. I'm currently swinging the driver about 110 mph and xr doesn't spin too much. AOA has a lot to do with spin. Not saying that either of those heads won't be more suited to you and your swing.

I hear you Kang. I'm not sure either would give me better spin numbers (and I definitely can't keep up with a 110 mph swing -- I'm pretty sure I saw you clanging irons off of those posts at the end of the range at La Costa), but I just seem to be able to find the center of the face way more often with Callaway's deep-faced drivers. The XR is way more forgiving than my X2Hot Pro, but I miss the XR all over the face and usually only miss the X2Hot Pro a little high or a little low. Which of course got me thinking that maybe I'd have even better luck with the XR Pro or DBD.

I hear you Kang. I'm not sure either would give me better spin numbers (and I definitely can't keep up with a 110 mph swing -- I'm pretty sure I saw you clanging irons off of those posts at the end of the range at La Costa), but I just seem to be able to find the center of the face way more often with Callaway's deep-faced drivers. The XR is way more forgiving than my X2Hot Pro, but I miss the XR all over the face and usually only miss the X2Hot Pro a little high or a little low. Which of course got me thinking that maybe I'd have even better luck with the XR Pro or DBD.
Comfort is a very personal thing. I for sure can't argue with tinkering :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back