NHL 2014-2015 Season

I just heard that viewership was up 11% over last year's Rangers Kings final. Considering those are the 2 biggest TV markets that is pretty surprising and impressive if true.

I just heard that viewership was up 11% over last year's Rangers Kings final. Considering those are the 2 biggest TV markets that is pretty surprising and impressive if true.

The ladies wanted to see Stamers Hammer.

Hey guys. Devils are gonna suck again next year. Cant wait for 2017.

11% is a lot! I was not one of them this year, I think I have only seen 3 periods of hockey during the final series

Hey guys. Devils are gonna suck again next year. Cant wait for 2017.

I'm just glad you guys didn't get Guy for a coach.

I have no idea what to expect from the Avs. One thing I'm counting on is a bad contract to an over the hill vet.

what makes you think it will be better in 2017?

They have a really good young defensive corp. Need to get some offensive talent. Have a few youngsters coming but not enough. Have to get younger up front for sure. We have the goaltending and defensive positions pretty much covered. If they needed 2 of the 3, I would be worried. They have essentially 2 seasons to replenish the offensive talent and I think Shero can do that.

They have a really good young defensive corp. Need to get some offensive talent. Have a few youngsters coming but not enough. Have to get younger up front for sure. We have the goaltending and defensive positions pretty much covered. If they needed 2 of the 3, I would be worried. They have essentially 2 seasons to replenish the offensive talent and I think Shero can do that.

I sure hope they do, they need to move away for the has been club they were this year

I sure hope they do, they need to move away for the has been club they were this year

They will. I expect Zubrus to be bought out. I wish they would buy out Zajac but they wont. New coach, new staff, new GM, and Shero was very adamant that they want a fast, aggressive team. Thats how they want to play. So hopefully he can work some magic. Some really good kids available in the draft this year so we should get a good one too.

Shero knows how to build a team. I think the Devils will be playing a different style and completely agree about your take with the offense. How was Schneider this past season.

Shero knows how to build a team. I think the Devils will be playing a different style and completely agree about your take with the offense. How was Schneider this past season.

Cory started off slow but was awesome. We just couldnt score. He .925 sv % and 2.26 GAA with 5 SO's.

Schneider needs to stay, he is the best player of that team right now, they need to build around here

Schneider needs to stay, he is the best player of that team right now, they need to build around here

HE signed a 7 year extension last year. He isnt going anywhere. With Larsson, Gelinas, Merill, and Severson on defense, we have a really good corp.

HE signed a 4 or 5 year extension last year. He isnt going anywhere. With Larsson, Gelinas, Merill, and Severson on defense, we have a really good corp.

I hate seeing teams struggle like they did, I hope they get better, it will be good for the devils fans and for the league in general

I hate seeing teams struggle like they did, I hope they get better, it will be good for the devils fans and for the league in general

They are an old old old team up front. They will fix that. Some contracts expiring and hopefully a buyout or 2. It probably wont be this year but hopefully there will be some improvement. When Jordin Tootoo is on your top line and PP and actually producing way more than other guys, you have an issue.

11% is a lot! I was not one of them this year, I think I have only seen 3 periods of hockey during the final series
You missed out, they were excellent hockey games. Until the final period of game 6 neither team ever lead by more than 1.

They are an old old old team up front. They will fix that. Some contracts expiring and hopefully a buyout or 2. It probably wont be this year but hopefully there will be some improvement. When Jordin Tootoo is on your top line and PP and actually producing way more than other guys, you have an issue.

Is Elias still under contract? I always liked this guy, but he must be getting old no, how old is he?

You missed out, they were excellent hockey games. Until the final period of game 6 neither team ever lead by more than 1.

I know, the parts I have seen were very good fast hockey, I was just very busy

Is Elias still under contract? I always liked this guy, but he must be getting old no, how old is he?

He is 39 and this is his last year under contract.

He is 39 and this is his last year under contract.

did he slow down at all? I have to admit I didn't watch much Devils hockey last year

did he slow down at all? I have to admit I didn't watch much Devils hockey last year

Yeah he isnt the same player he was at all.

Yeah he isnt the same player he was at all.
Dev I was reading what each team needs to do this summer. Not being a fan at all of Northeastern US teams, I have no idea of what's what.

Are the NJ forwards really as bad as what I read? Apparently they couldn't score on me.

Dev I was reading what each team needs to do this summer. Not being a fan at all of Northeastern US teams, I have no idea of what's what.

Are the NJ forwards really as bad as what I read? Apparently they couldn't score on me.
Yeah they are pretty bad. We have some young kids in juniors lighting it up but they aren't ready. The rest of the guys outside of Cammalleri are old, slow, and can't score. Josefson started to come around finally last season. Defense and goaltending are set so Shero can draft and use FA to fix the forward issues. Alot of contracts going to start coming off the books. Bernier, Gionta, Zubrus, Elias, Zajac were all pretty much garbage. Reid Boucher broke Stamkos scoring record at Sania 2 years ago. He got a small look last year but this will be the year he plays full season. Henrique battled injuries but if he can chip in 20-25 again, Cammalleri scores his usual 30, and some young players can provide some scoring plus free agency we might have a shot. Mattaeu showed some signs in Albany and at World Juniors so he will get a shot this year too.

Bernier possibly out of Toronto? Rumours starting after his wife posted a photo of the child not in a leafs shirt...........

Frig Toronto media.

Bernier possibly out of Toronto? Rumours starting after his wife posted a photo of the child not in a leafs shirt...........

Frig Toronto media.

well they do need a goalie that knows who Mandela is after all

Back