Making ahi poke tonight for dinner.

Really like Poke, but it hasn't picked up steam out here in New England yet that I have seen. Best I've had is at Legal Crossing (Part of the Legal Seafood chain) near my office in Boston. Will have to snap a pic next time I'm there.

Missing my poke from HAWAI'I :hungry:

POKE.PNG

As someone who loves sushi, loving poke was only natural for me. A bed of rice, raw fish, veggies; whats not to love?

Little poke tonight on my return to town.

9bbb25508841b4e1d3f7ed4edd86b3b2.jpg

I had never heard of it until this thread.

Are you a poke fan?

I’m from Hawaii. I alternate meals between poke and SPAM musubi.

Btw, this is fresh Hawaiian poke:

0949ba4383b8e29c6c890378ba2623f8.jpg

I’m from Hawaii. I alternate meals between poke and SPAM musubi.

Btw, this is fresh Hawaiian poke:

0949ba4383b8e29c6c890378ba2623f8.jpg

That looks fantastic! I could probably eat sushi of some kind every day, but I am pretty sure I am already bordering on having mercury poisoning with how much I eat it.

Yeah, that crunchy texture must be great with it. I like that it has avocado on it too.
My local Poke shop won't do that, nor fry the onion... bastards.

Yeah, that crunchy texture must be great with it. I like that it has avocado on it too.
My local Poke shop won't do that, nor fry the onion... bastards.

It's a build your own Poke, so you start with the base (sushi rice, brown rice or lettuce), then you pick your protein, then you pick your sauce, then your toppings and you can pick up to 5 free and then after that they charge for more toppings. It's a great deal for $10.

I don't, or rather won't eat raw meat, but I have been known to use it for fishing bait on the end of my hook

We just had a place open in town so I went and picked up a bowl of Spicy Tuna for lunch. I have to say it’s pretty good!
0CC14237-7415-4131-BA66-8A6B169C988E.jpeg

Used to be a Hawaiian place in town that had incredible Ahi poke. They closed down and I don't know where I'd get it now.

I love me some poke. I prefer homemade even though I have to buy frozen fish now. Nothing compares to fresh tuna from the fish auction and I may have gotten spoiled. I’ll order poke bowls in the more traditional way of rice, poke, raw sliced onions, green onions, and topped with furikake. It gets some weird looks but I can’t add corn to poke.

Living in the Bay Area, this has become a weekly meal at our house. Even mu 7 year old is getting in on it.. He can't get enough!

This is the first I have ever heard of it but I would try it.

Back