D Michael Paliotta
i
F Artem Anisimov
F Marko Dano
F Jeremy Morin
F Corey Tropp
2016 4th-round pick

Chicago couldn't keep him huh?

CBJ is going to be a tough team. Man I hope they can stay healthy and destroy the east next year.

Noooooooooooooooooo

Why are we giving up Anisimov, Dano, Morin, and Tropp for him? That seems drastic
Morin is a non factor. Dano is decent but he's a role playing 3/4 liner at best.

Only issue I have is arty because he's solid defensively but even with that he's had a few concussions. Might be the perfect time to let him go ..

At the end of the day this team badly needs more genuine talent. Maybe Saad is a viable piece of the puzzle.

NHL 2014-2015 Season

Morin is a non factor. Dano is decent but he's a role playing 3/4 liner at best.

Only issue I have is arty because he's solid defensively but even with that he's had a few concussions. Might be the perfect time to let him go ..

At the end of the day this team badly needs more genuine talent. Maybe Saad is a viable piece of the puzzle.

Did you see Dano's dangles though? Man a couple more years to develop that and he's a solid offense threat.

Man I have missed a lot in here. I have some serious reading to do.

so true, we have....ference? nikitin? hahaha our d is so sad :(

yea, i'm tampering my expectations, honestly a 10th place finish would be were i'm hopefully placing us...

Is he going play? I thought they were put to bed at around 6pm in the old folks home.

Dan, I actually happy for CBJ that they got Saad. At least he went to a team I can tolerate. Should be an immediate impact. #ManChild

Dan, I actually happy for CBJ that they got Saad. At least he went to a team I can tolerate. Should be an immediate impact. #ManChild
Yeah Saad sure is a good addition. He will hustle, that's for sure.

Yeah Saad sure is a good addition. He will hustle, that's for sure.
The uniform does it for me. I mean, the team IS in Ohio, so that's an immediate strikeout, but I really dig their look.

Cody Hodgson is available if anyone is interested.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Did you see Dano's dangles though? Man a couple more years to develop that and he's a solid offense threat.
I think Dano's upside is Saad. So..... we now have a maxed out Dano that is 22. Woooooot!

Haha I guess we'll see
Jarmo went out and got a high end left winger to pair with Johansen. Saad is going to play a much bigger role than you think my friend. You should definitely be excited about the deal. Our team just got notably better.

All they really need now is another solid defenseman.

Jarmo went out and got a high end left winger to pair with Johansen. Saad is going to play a much bigger role than you think my friend. You should definitely be excited about the deal. Our team just got notably better.

No I'm excited about Saad. That's just a lot to give up IMO

Ok. So...I was really excited to get the email about Saad, and then once I saw what we had to give up I kinda questioned it...

BUT...I didn't fully realize he's only 22 until you said it, and I just looked up his first 3 seasons stats...I'm ok with it now. haha. Back to being really excited.

Ok. So...I was really excited to get the email about Saad, and then once I saw what we had to give up I kinda questioned it...

BUT...I didn't fully realize he's only 22 until you said it, and I just looked up his first 3 seasons stats...I'm ok with it now. haha. Back to being really excited.

What did we really give up?

Arty (who is one hit away from not playing hockey anymore - And is a UFA after next season).
Morin (do you know his first name? - Non factor)
Dano (somewhat bright future with upside right around where Saad is today.

we get:

Brandon Saad wanted to stay in Chicago. Stan Bowman wanted him to stay in Chicago. All of Chicago wanted him to stay in Chicago.

Instead, one of the best young players in the game — a guy Joel Quenneville repeatedly said had the potential to be one of the best power forwards in the game — will play for the Columbus Blue Jackets next season.

As with any trade, only time will tell if this was a good one or a Phil Esposito-like disaster for the Hawks. Saad was everything you could want in a power forward, and he was only 22. The “Man-Child,” as his teammates dubbed him, had 23 goals and 29 assists this season, and added eight goals in the postseason. He also was an elite defender and a penalty-killer, a Marian Hossa-like player with great speed and great hockey sense. A top-liner from the get-go in 2013, he was a key part of both Stanley Cup runs during his brief career.

Oh, and a defensive prospect that could actually factor.

I like that trade for the CBJ. Saad is a manimal.

I hate that Wardo is sitting in the unrestricted list but it is a business after all. Caps have a lot of players sitting out there this off season.

NHL.com and the mobile app have the Free Agent Tracker which is pretty cool.

Kessel goes off to the Penguins. Leafs retain some of his salary.

Want to hear what Pittsburgh gave up for him.

Kessel to PIT for Kapanen, Harrington and a pick

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

First round pick, not sure on what year though. It sure doesn't seem like much. Kessel should have a career year with Crosby setting him up. I'm not a big fan of his but the kid can put the puck in the net.

Back