UK Summer Cup 2015

Well that's me on holiday and in training for the next couple of days. Hopefully iron out all my swing issues for Sunday ha ha

Oh yeah golf it was.. Haven't held a club since last week.. The practice round on Saturday will come in handy! :) these two days are my bootcamp for surviving the kangaroo court.. ;)

Weather forecast? Ah the North East. There is a reason the grass is so green.

Given weather risk - try to be at Close House early....no logical reason for that, but I can then fine those that arrive late.

Late is...after me.

I'm arriving Saturday.:confused2:

Damo - cracking photo!

Struggling through lots of domestic dramas - finally getting my Mum moved into a house here today (she has lived abroad for 25 years), game of squash tonight then early to bed - before hitting the road at dawn tomorrow.

My plan of of shorts and a pencil bag, looks slightly flawed. Need rubber golf shoes, waterproofs......ah well. Thankfully several "Southerners" are actually Scots and good in the wind and rain!

Linus - the Danes are in transit today. Driving to Copenhagen then flying into Newcastle. They are hiring a car at the airport.

Another thought for anyone travelling up from the south - don't forget it is the British Formula 1 Grand Prix this weekend so I guess there could be some busy areas for traffic

After playing last night, I will need to redo my bag for the weekend and get everything dried out, and this time I will try to remember to put my waterproof top in there after I forgot it yesterday.....

Weather looks fine for Monday and Sunday looks like we might just get the odd shower..

Fingers crossed!

Today is a different story though. I'm currently sitting in the garden and it's so hot I've had to open a cold bottle of beer

Weather looks fine for Monday and Sunday looks like we might just get the odd shower..

Fingers crossed!

Today is a different story though. I'm currently sitting in the garden and it's so hot I've had to open a cold bottle of beer

Lucky you.....I am sat here in the office at work trying to stay awake! Doesn't help that it is the top floor of the building and it is like a sauna

Yeah I saw Monday was looking ok and light rain/showers on Sun PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky you.....I am sat here in the office at work trying to stay awake! Doesn't help that it is the top floor of the building and it is like a sauna

Don't worry, I'll have one for you too mate

Yeah I saw Monday was looking ok and light rain/showers on Sun PM

I'll be happy enough if that's how it turns out, Sim

Even if we end up with the light rain like we had last weekend Damo, it will be fine - I am jsut hoping we don't get the rain like we had last night while I was out, and I definitely don't want the storms we had on Wednesday!

All the talk of water got me to buy my first waterproof pants today.. So now it sure will not rain these coming days! ;)
Got a new sm5 60deg wedge as well so watch out for "thin bullets" on the course!

Currently enjoying a Brew from Brewdog in the hotel room.. The city was to hot today and the girls had too little clothes on.. Had to contain myself! ;) haha

Meeting up with the Danes tonight for food and a beer.. Planning on all levels for the barbarian horde!

Glenn, it's only forecast light rain so we should be fine.

Linus, I knew you would enjoy the city centre

Weather will be fine. The Bandit has spoken.

I have decided that if it rains...

We will get wet.

What a day....

My Mum moved into a new house today - and her container arrived from Cyprus. So unpacking boxes, trying to work out where the stopcock is...etc..etc...I'm exhausted.

Car packed for a little jaunt OOOOOOOP North...

As you may know, I carry my bats on my back and my car is minuscule. So decisions had to be made today about club selection...

The Decision is...

1, 5, 7 woods G30 from Ping.
4 Hybrid R15 from TM
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, SW RSI2 from TM
52 and 60 Degree from SCOR
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Select

Those are the only 14 I'm bringing. Irons first hit will be tomorrow at Newcastle United Golf Club.

I'm knackered - up at the crack of dawn, for a 5 +hour drive to play golf on a course that I have never seen with bats that I have never swung. What could possibly go wrong?:clown:

The Bullock Shield is ready for its inaugural presentation on Monday. The Shield will be retained by the Winning Captain until fought for again. This great honour will be accompanied by the bill for getting it engraved. The first winning skipper will therefore define the nature of the engraving.

The UK Summer Cup Trophy has been polished (well... wiped with a golf towel anyway) and is ready for its journey to Newcastle and on to...who knows where? Thus far it has never ventured beyond England...is this the year?

No. It isn't.

The commemorative balls. This year, I detected a note of 'thrift' in the air. You may have seen cheaper golf balls. But I doubt it. Really. They don't even come in sleeves.

Now - off to plan a route that avoids the Grand Prix - i.e. the entire middle bit of England....

Have a safe journey Stu and we will see you on Sunday

Morning all...

Ten to five, the night chill still in the air. Having some strong Espresso, walking the wife and kissing the dog....

Soon on my way.

"Bandit at five o'clock....Tally Ho!"

(Always wanted to say that.)

Next stop Geordie land.

I wonder if Linus has left the nightclub yet?

Morning all...

Ten to five, the night chill still in the air. Having some strong Espresso, walking the wife and kissing the dog....

Soon on my way.

"Bandit at five o'clock....Tally Ho!"

(Always wanted to say that.)

Next stop Geordie land.

I wonder if Linus has left the nightclub yet?

Linus is probably enjoying breakfast (a nice Stout) sitting at the same table he's been at all night.

Safe travels Stu, good luck on avoiding the F1 crowd.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Status update. Past Silverstone. At Nottingham. Another 2.5 hours will crack it. Taking on Bacon and espressos. Someone wake the Scandinavians up

Just watch out for the roadworks once you get to the Durham area, especially all the average speed cameras

I'm awake.. Will go down to the breakfast now.. See you soon Stuart!

Damn it, the comp I was meant to be playing in has been cancelled due to fog!!

Got to settle for a sweep with the lads...

Made it. Danes located. Now did the Swede survive?

Just watch out for the roadworks once you get to the Durham area, especially all the average speed cameras

You are not effing kidding!

Made it. Danes located. Now did the Swede survive?

Survived.. Looking out over a foggy Newcastle.. Perfect weather for golf! No winds!
Will leave for Newcastle United in about an hour..

How was Newcastle United guys?

Back