ft-iq driver and 09' burner irons. is it true?

msdamailman

Reaction score
Handicap
just read a post in a forum on golfwrx asking about the worst club purchases and the ft-iq driver was mentioned twice and the 09' burner irons mentioned once. i purchased both this off season and i am hoping this isnt true. anyone out there feel the same or different about these clubs? thanks, marc.:confused2:

I have hit both and disagree completely. But then again, I dont need tour issue stuff only. hehe.

I thought the FT-iq was a great if you struggle with a slice, it is perfect.

I can't comment on the FT-IQ since I have never hit it, but I love my 09 Burner irons :banana: they are the best I have hit.

just read a post in a forum on golfwrx asking about the worst club purchases and the ft-iq driver was mentioned twice and the 09' burner irons mentioned once. i purchased both this off season and i am hoping this isnt true. anyone out there feel the same or different about these clubs? thanks, marc.:confused2:

The way I see it, is if they work for you, dont worry about what the others are saying.

I really liked the FT-IQ myself

Can't help you with the Callaway but I know a few golfers who love their burners. Very forgiving and great performance. I am sure the Cally is good, also.

I am also a member on GolfWRX. Some threads there are not meant for normal golfers. :D

I'm also a member there and many of their non-normal golfers are ledgends in their own minds.

The way I see it, is if they work for you, dont worry about what the others are saying.

:clapp:

Tried an I-mix FT-IQ 11*, but it launched a little too high for me. It didn't help that I also had a FT-9 10* & 10.5* head to tinker with. If I didn't have the extra FT-9, I would have probably tried a lower loft of the FT-IQ.

While not as "pretty", the Burner's easily replaced my OnOff Plus irons. Long, easy to hit, and forgiving. Any issues are swing, not club related.

I would ask the people making those statements:

"Uhhh, then why did you buy them?"

If they respond that they bought them for any reason other than "they worked for me when I demo'd them repeatedly," then do you think their opinion is worth squat? Because that means they bought them without trying them out, based on reviews only, because they liked the way they looked, or other completely meaningless reasons. Would you trust the opinion of someone that slack with their equipment purchases? Do you know anyone with a good golf game that is that reckless with their club selection? I don't. The good players are meticulous with what they play.

If they answer that they worked when they demo'd them, but stopped working, then are you going to trust someone's opinion who misjudges their own swing that badly?

It's one thing to find out a club doesn't suit you as well as you'd hoped . . . but it's entirely another to buy something and then claim that it sucks. That screams "user error" to me. Bad players looking to blame equipment instead of their crappy swing or poor decision making .

I bought the FT-iQ last year and love it. I would recommend it greatly, it really improved my game.

definitely NOT true. the ft-iq is one of the best feeling drivers i have ever hit

I tried out the FT-iQ a couple times last year, but for some reason it didn't seem to work very well for me. I think it was a combination of the "square" head, which I still find odd to look at, and possibly just a shaft that didn't work for my swing. I watched many other people hit the FT-iQ and absolutely love the club.

As for the '09 Burner irons, I loved them when I had the chance to hit them at a Demo Day last year. Great feel, forgiving, good distance. Absolutely zero bad things I could say about them.

You certainly cant anything bad about the 09 Burners. And, one post on another forum doesnt refute the fact that the Burners have become the #1 selling club. I think in 2009 TM sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 170,000 sets. Hard to argue with that.

I think the hype of the burner 09's had a lot of "players" iron guys buying them without trying

many of them probably didn't like them because they're game improvement irons moreso than that they're not good clubs

I think the FTiq issues likely stem from people expecting miracles out of a club because it looks so different from the normal, it's not a magic club, and even though it's square you can still slice it.

I think the FTiq issues likely stem from people expecting miracles out of a club because it looks so different from the normal, it's not a magic club, and even though it's square you can still slice it.

I really struggled to slice/fade the FT-iQ. Im sure it could happen but with the shape, weighting, and offset, it was quite hard to do. Even swinging completely over the top still flew straight.

I really struggled to slice/fade the FT-iQ. Im sure it could happen but with the shape, weighting, and offset, it was quite hard to do. Even swinging completely over the top still flew straight.

Do you feel the same way about the older driver the FTI jb?

Do you feel the same way about the older driver the FTI jb?

No, I liked the FTi, but for different reasons and it did not have as hot a face that the FT-iQ does. Plus the shaft on the IQ was a far different shaft than the stock on the FTi.

The FT-i was a great driver to help assist with a straighter ball flight. However neither is going to eliminate major swing flaws.

No, I liked the FTi, but for different reasons and it did not have as hot a face that the FT-iQ does. Plus the shaft on the IQ was a far different shaft than the stock on the FTi.

The FT-i was a great driver to help assist with a straighter ball flight. However neither is going to eliminate major swing flaws.

I understand that i was just wondering if there were any major differences between the two besides shafts.....

Yes, they both have completely different faces. The FT-iQ has the hyperbolic face.

Yes, they both have completely different faces. The FT-iQ has the hyperbolic face.

Thanks JB, just read that......

Back