Meadow Farms Golf Course, Fredricksburg, VA

TylerD

Reaction score
Handicap
Just moved to the Fredricksburg, VA area. Played Meadow Farms golf course today. Nice course very tough. Played my first Par 6 today. Long hole, but I parred it.

Wow, a Par 6. I knew they had them, but I have never played one.

Awesome! Parred the par 6. What was the yardage?

I played today with Tyler at Meadows and we had a blast. Our area got drenched over the past few days (25"+) so we had to drive a little west to find some drier conditions. The greens crew weren't able to get a lot of the mowing in this week, so the course actually played a little rougher than normal. The greens were fairly slow and the rough was super thick. If you weren't on the short grass it took some time to find balls.

This course is owned by a fairly wealthy businessman who envisioned a nice course for an even nicer price. They have 27 holes, with each nine having a "signature hole". One nine has an island green, one the longest hole in the US, and one has a man made waterfall. We played the longest nine/waterfall nine. The waterfall nine has a shorter par 3 that has a waterfall off of the front. I have played the course probably five times and have never seen the waterfall running. This is what it should look like...

201484_10150566044265224_664275223_18435886_2334782_o.jpg

The course website is here: http://www.meadowsfarms.com/Golf-Course

I played today with Tyler at Meadows and we had a blast. Our area got drenched over the past few days (25"+) so we had to drive a little west to find some drier conditions. The greens crew weren't able to get a lot of the mowing in this week, so the course actually played a little rougher than normal. The greens were fairly slow and the rough was super thick. If you weren't on the short grass it took some time to find balls.

This course is owned by a fairly wealthy businessman who envisioned a nice course for an even nicer price. They have 27 holes, with each nine having a "signature hole". One nine has an island green, one the longest hole in the US, and one has a man made waterfall. We played the longest nine/waterfall nine. The waterfall nine has a shorter par 3 that has a waterfall off of the front. I have played the course probably five times and have never seen the waterfall running. This is what it should look like...

201484_10150566044265224_664275223_18435886_2334782_o.jpg

The course website is here: http://www.meadowsfarms.com/Golf-Course

Beautiful hole! 841 yard Par 6. Holy crap

I might have to make my way down and play. Looks amazing.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I might have to make my way down and play. Looks amazing.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'd make a day out of it and play all 27 holes. Might want to call ahead and make sure they have mowed everything. It's a nice layout and offers some nice scenery. One hole is a par 3 on a baseball field. They have some wacky things like that, but also offer some challenges. Water is in play on quite a few holes.

Just moved to the Fredricksburg, VA area. Played Meadow Farms golf course today. Nice course very tough. Played my first Par 6 today. Long hole, but I parred it.

I live in Woodbridge, VA & have always wanted to play MF. Cannon Ridge is a nice track in Freckricksburg. Lee`s Hill is a good course too.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 10.1" using Tapatalk

I live in Woodbridge, VA & have always wanted to play MF. Cannon Ridge is a nice track in Freckricksburg. Lee`s Hill is a good course too.

Cannon Ridge is an excellent course that normally takes me out behind the wood shed. They had a rough summer though and lost a few greens and a complete fairway. They should be back to normal conditions later this fall.

Would love to play Cannon Ridge sometime, I'm sure dirtydawg67 will get me out there sometime. Meadow Farms was great, lots of history there, and I had a great time.

Tappin' from my iPad

Always wanted to play Meadows but never have. It's only a bit over a hour from me. Next time you guys play let me know. I would love to play a round with some guys from THP.

Tap-in Talking

Really really cool looking course. I really like how it changes some norms of a golf course. I would love to play it for a change of pace. Toooo bad I live wicked far away haha.

Wow awesome looking course! Pretty cool that they have a "feature" hole per nine. I can't even imagine playing an 800+ yard hole. Do you get to tee up your second shot too? lol

Played this course on Saturday. Played the Waterfall 9 and Longest 9. The waterfall par 3 was pretty cool and what made it nice was that I landed the green :> The 700 plus yard par 6 was interesting. There was water about 250 yards and more water near the green.

The course is kind of wide open but the greens have some sever undulations. Course was in ok shape....nothing special.

Fun course...play it if you get a chance.

That waterfall hole looks amazing!

What's the distance to it from the tees?

I've played the course twice and found it nice enough for a return engagement soon. Last time I played I asked them what the course record was and never really got a good answer. Anybody know this little bit of trivia?

Played all 27 holes at one point, enjoyed the course. Definitely a different experience on golf than most "traditional" courses. The longest hole is a lot of fun, going around a bull pasture, and the waterfall hole is great too. I really don't like the baseball hole (that's one step too gimmicky for me), but everything else is great. If there people looking to make a round out down there I would definitely try to meet up for a group outing, before the weather gets too bad.

That waterfall hole looks amazing!

What's the distance to it from the tees?

We were playing from the White tees so it was 152 yards.

Back