2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get more experienced, you will prefer squatting in cotton shirts. I haven't worn a blend shirt to the gym in over a year.

Also, I don't want to sound too cheesy, but I'm proud of you. You're putting in good.

Thanks, Coach. You've got me on a good path, and I'm really actually enjoying it. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate you taking me under your wing of sorts and helping me make sense of this whole new world I'm getting into.

It wasn't so much the cotton shirt as much as it being a really thin white cotton shirt. What is it about cotton that you like or blends that you don't like that cause you to pick 1 over the other?

Thanks, Coach. You've got me on a good path, and I'm really actually enjoying it. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate you taking me under your wing of sorts and helping me make sense of this whole new world I'm getting into.

It wasn't so much the cotton shirt as much as it being a really thin white cotton shirt. What is it about cotton that you like or blends that you don't like that cause you to pick 1 over the other?
When squatting, blends tend to get slippery, for lack of a better word. Cotton seems to grab the knurling better.

When squatting, blends tend to get slippery, for lack of a better word. Cotton seems to grab the knurling better.

The Nike dri-fit shirts are kind of a nice middle ground. Cotton-ish texture and grippy, but better handling sweat.

The Nike dri-fit shirts are kind of a nice middle ground. Cotton-ish texture and grippy, but better handling sweat.
Under Armor smart cotton is good as well.

And always short sleeved for squats. knurling rips up bare shoulder skin

Id like to second the thanks for Mr. Blugold and the others on here who have been helping. Like Neb I'm a beginner and you guys have really helped me narrow down a very solid routine and every time I do it, it just feels that much better. I like efficiency and something that's not 2 hours long for me and with the help from everyone, I've got that. Pretty much love it! Now if I can score this equipment for my basement I'll be even more stoked to workout haha cheers everyone!! (With water........because I'm a b!tch)

Stay hydrated.

I have greatly neglected my presses. not good. I need to do more sets. More work. It's embarrassing.

I have greatly neglected my presses. not good. I need to do more sets. More work. It's embarrassing.
[youtube=OloLS5kTrVs]OloLS5kTrVs[/youtube]

Last edited:

Lol I watched this earlier. His stuff is repetitive at times but there's always at least one part that makes me crack up. When he's slapping the guy and finishing the set, hilarious

Lol I watched this earlier. His stuff is repetitive at times but there's always at least one part that makes me crack up. When he's slapping the guy and finishing the set, hilarious
Can't fault repetitive. How many times have I mentioned squats and deadlifts? Hehe

Links work much better on the computer. I can't figure out how to do youtube link with preview from the phone.
The best ways have found, open the video in the browser (not the YouTube app) and then share and email. Copy the link and put it inside of hand typed video tag

Cool. Will try that next time.

Question for those more well versed in "bodybuilding" or weight loss: I'm looking to lose 10 lbs of fat and put on about 10 or 15 lbs of muscle. Should I have a caloric deficit to lose the fat or up the calories to put on muscle easier?

Question for those more well versed in "bodybuilding" or weight loss: I'm looking to lose 10 lbs of fat and put on about 10 or 15 lbs of muscle. Should I have a caloric deficit to lose the fat or up the calories to put on muscle easier?
High protein caloric deficit. No isolation lifts. Big lifts, compound barbell style.

This diet is a short term sort of plan. It isn't sustainable. but will work for a short period of time

High protein caloric deficit. No isolation lifts. Big lifts, compound barbell style.

This diet is a short term sort of plan. It isn't sustainable. but will work for a short period of time

Would you recommend much cardio? Or mostly lifting?

Would you recommend much cardio? Or mostly lifting?
Depends on your opinion of much.

In my opinion, never do cardio conditioning on days you you weight train. it should be either 20-30 minutes of HIIT, sled pulls and pushes, or rowing on off days.

Depends on your opinion of much.

In my opinion, never do cardio conditioning on days you you weight train. it should be either 20-30 minutes of HIIT, sled pulls and pushes, or rowing on off days.
I'm a bit abnormal, but I do my workouts in blocks of 3.
Days 3, 6, 7: rest
Day 1: HIIT morning / weights night
Day 2: HIIT morning
Day 4: weights morning
Day 5: HIIT morning / weights night

I'm admittedly not going all out with either HIIT or weights, so it works.

I'm a bit abnormal, but I do my workouts in blocks of 3.
Days 3, 6, 7: rest
Day 1: HIIT morning / weights night
Day 2: HIIT morning
Day 4: weights morning
Day 5: HIIT morning / weights night

I'm admittedly not going all out with either HIIT or weights, so it works.
You're lucky my man. I wish I could train twice in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back