New Equipment Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 169. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, THP Staff Writer James Miles joins the show and the discussion centers around the plethora of new releases that have dropped recently.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and James talk about all of the new releases that have come out over the last two weeks as well as the cost of sim golf. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as the new gear goes Off Course.

Episode 169 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons and Super Hybrid
2023 Titleist T-Series Irons
Best Ball vs Alternate Shot
The Cost of Sim Golf
The Progression of Fairway Woods
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Continue reading...

Jam packed this one sounds like! Downloaded for later.

I’ll definitely be firing this one up today.

There are a couple topics brought out in this episode that could really generate some discussion - and things I'd love to hear what people think about.

Looking forward to the chats in here.

There are a couple topics brought out in this episode that could really generate some discussion - and things I'd love to hear what people think about.

Looking forward to the chats in here.
Absolutely, between that and the HEAVY gear talk, I'm looking forward to peoples thoughts.

2i utility iron. Love having one in the bag.

Then the discussion on the UW comes in and makes me want to replace my 2i utility 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:

started this morning, will finish at lunch or this afternoon. Good stuff so far.. The giddy is palpable.

Looking forward to the hopeful rest of the Callaway Apex irons lineup...:love:

I'll never belly ache about the amount of releases, except for the fact I don't have enough time and money to try all that I want to try

Looking forward to the hopeful rest of the Callaway Apex irons lineup...:love:
Nothing like talking about something you don't know anything about on a Podcast with complete hope that it happens hahahhaa

Nothing like talking about something you don't know anything about on a Podcast with complete hope that it happens hahahhaa
If we talk about it enough, we can will it to happen.

I like what @Jman said about equipment coming out now and people playing their best golf. I totally agree.

I like what @Jman said about equipment coming out now and people playing their best golf. I totally agree.
I'd much rather gets the clubs now too as I'm trending up, and when I know I can play. Versus get them during winter, play a round here and there due to weather, without much consistency.

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 169. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, THP Staff Writer James Miles joins the show and the discussion centers around the plethora of new releases that have dropped recently.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and James talk about all of the new releases that have come out over the last two weeks as well as the cost of sim golf. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as the new gear goes Off Course.

Episode 169 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons and Super Hybrid
2023 Titleist T-Series Irons
Best Ball vs Alternate Shot
The Cost of Sim Golf
The Progression of Fairway Woods
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Continue reading...

PHEW! Just bringing the heat! Great agenda for today's show!

When does a company just integrate a “combo” set as a single iron model/line and market it as such.

When does a company just integrate a “combo” set as a single iron model/line and market it as such.
I don't think it makes any sense to, the allure of a combo set is to make it the way the user wants/needs it. Pre-made combo's have been done before, Callaway did it with the Apex 19's, but it just doesn't make sense.

I think they do it quite a bit, but it's on the inside of the club and we don't see it because the outside looks the same, and had the same model #. The 4 and 5 irons are designed to launch better, while the 8, 9, PW are designed to be more accurate.

I think they do it quite a bit, but it's on the inside of the club and we don't see it because the outside looks the same, and had the same model #. The 4 and 5 irons are designed to launch better, while the 8, 9, PW are designed to be more accurate.
Thats not a combo set though, that is a progressive design.

Your moniker you gave yourself for 24 made me laugh out loud :LOL:

Enjoyable show. Interesting comparing the release strategies of Titleist and Callaway.

7i on 16 being called shot of the weekend must have been TASTY @Canadan !

I'd much rather gets the clubs now too as I'm trending up, and when I know I can play. Versus get them during winter, play a round here and there due to weather, without much consistency.
We play year round here, but if I lived in a cold weather spot I'd consider it cruel and unusual punishment to get new sticks in the middle of winter and not be able to hit them on green grass for several months!

Back