Matrix Radix Shaft

No worries buddy, I didn't think you were ignoring me, and knew you would get back to me at some point. Your swing speed is a good 15 MPH faster than mine, but I will still steal your driver at some point this summer and try it out...hahaha. I will get you to swing mine the next time I see you too, that way you will have a feel for it too, so I can really start picking your brain. Hope all is going well with the new house bro.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks, it's going slowly at this point.

So I was working on my review today and had 824 words under the category of "technology", lol. Had to whittle that downm

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

LMAO, I guess with shafts it is easy to get a little carried away on that topic. Can't wait to read it buddy! Tell me, do they make it in right handed too? lol

Thank you TC for taking the time you do in answering all of our questions. I currently game a Cleveland 310 TL. My SS was 108 and I believe the launch angle was around 14*. My driver has a 10.5 degree loft. Would the radix youre testing be comparable to the 59s C Kua? I have numbers from the dromos which were just slightly different. The C Kua has been spot on though. Looking at the Radix line right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you TC for taking the time you do in answering all of our questions. I currently game a Cleveland 310 TL. My SS was 108 and I believe the launch angle was around 14*. My driver has a 10.5 degree loft. Would the radix youre testing be comparable to the 59s C Kua? I have numbers from the dromos which were just slightly different. The C Kua has been spot on though. Looking at the Radix line right now.

The Radix that I am testing is 64.5 grams, so while it's not a lot heavier than the C. Kua you have, it is. And the one thing I've learned about the Radix series, that it's just stucturally awesome! Very strong, and very resistent to twisting at impact. I'm not saying the C. Kua is, I just don't know as much about that line. I also think that the Radix just feels better, at least to me. I might be in the minority, but I didn't prefer the C. Kua line over the Kusala line of shafts. Based on just weight and shaft characteristics, I guess the HD6 and the 59 series C. Kua could be in a similar category.

The Radix that I am testing is 64.5 grams, so while it's not a lot heavier than the C. Kua you have, it is. And the one thing I've learned about the Radix series, that it's just stucturally awesome! Very strong, and very resistent to twisting at impact. I'm not saying the C. Kua is, I just don't know as much about that line. I also think that the Radix just feels better, at least to me. I might be in the minority, but I didn't prefer the C. Kua line over the Kusala line of shafts. Based on just weight and shaft characteristics, I guess the HD6 and the 59 series C. Kua could be in a similar category.

BOOM! You just blew yoccos mind haha

Thats good to hear TC. Im pretty sure these are going in my driver and woods. I know its hard to pinpoint comparisons and I appreciate it when you try because all of them perform differently. I usually hate asking but Im not sure Ill be able to demo these shafts.

Tomorrow I'm ordering either the HD 6 or 7321 to put it in a S3 head. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this shaft TC.

Tomorrow I'm ordering either the HD 6 or 7321 to put it in a S3 head. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this shaft TC.

Any time brother! I really think you'll like it.

I decided to go with the Matrix Radix HD5 firm in my new Razr Hawk driver and I cant describe how well it turned out. I pretty much trusted what shaft tester TC posted in his review and I also hit the new Adams driver that comes with it stock. For me the difference between the stock shaft and this one was night and day. I saw a penetrating ball flight that wasn't too high or too low. Coupled with the neutral head on this one has meant longer and straighter drives so far. I've only had it on the range once and the course once but first time on the range was "wow". It was that good. On the course Ive had to adjust my whole set up for a straight ball flight or slight fade and this was difficult. I fought it all day and paid for it. Finally on the 16th hole I just aimed slight left of center and let it rip. 260 down the middle in the short stuff. Just felt stable and smooth. And with a white VDR grip it looks sick. Very impressed with this shaft.

Kmac, with the killer combo. I may be following suit dude, time permitting.

Kmac, with the killer combo. I will be following suit dude, time permitting.

fify. You really need to make it happen. Its good, real good.

Kmac, with the killer combo. I may be following suit dude, time permitting.

what happened to the guy that was going to carve up paradisians with stock shafts?

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This really makes me want to reshaft my driver. Lol. I hate you in the you make me want to change stuff way.

I decided to go with the Matrix Radix HD5 firm in my new Razr Hawk driver and I cant describe how well it turned out. I pretty much trusted what shaft tester TC posted in his review and I also hit the new Adams driver that comes with it stock. For me the difference between the stock shaft and this one was night and day. I saw a penetrating ball flight that wasn't too high or too low. Coupled with the neutral head on this one has meant longer and straighter drives so far. I've only had it on the range once and the course once but first time on the range was "wow". It was that good. On the course Ive had to adjust my whole set up for a straight ball flight or slight fade and this was difficult. I fought it all day and paid for it. Finally on the 16th hole I just aimed slight left of center and let it rip. 260 down the middle in the short stuff. Just felt stable and smooth. And with a white VDR grip it looks sick. Very impressed with this shaft.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This really makes me want to reshaft my driver. Lol. I hate you in the you make me want to change stuff way.

I'm in the same boat. I want to do it, but I'm going to resist. I have a fear that if I change something now, I won't like it by the weekend, and then I'm going to be stuck with it. I'm pretty sure I will test drive OEMs driver though because I think that shaft would work well for me.

Im telling you two TP's its good. Even good enough for elitist TP guys like yourselves haha. And at 150 beans it doesnt break the bank.

Im telling you two TP's its good. Even good enough for elitist TP guys like yourselves haha. And at 150 beans it doesnt break the bank.

I believe it. You and I talked about it before our drivers even got delivered. Maybe I'll try it out Thursday and reshaft in JB's garage that night haha

I believe it. You and I talked about it before our drivers even got delivered. Maybe I'll try it out Thursday and reshaft in JB's garage that night haha

Yes we did. lmao. You might love it, have to run to a PGA Superstore and reshaft at JB's. Just like a last minute tour van build.

Yes we did. lmao. You might love it, have to run to a PGA Superstore and reshaft at JB's. Just like a last minute tour van build.

I did sign up for a tour like experience. That would be pretty darn close

I went and had a driver fitting done and I have decided I am reshafting my driver and 3W with the Matrix Radix HD shaft. Based on the reviews in this thread and the launch monitor numbers this is the best/most cost effective shaft for me. I really wanted to go Miyazaki because I love my Mashie's but didnt want to shell out $250 a piece for the shafts. Looking at GG the Matrix Radix shafts are $129.99. I have a phone call with Matrix this week to decide if I should go with the HD 4 or 5 and which flex. I am pretty sure I am going with the HD 4 in regular shaft. I cannot wait to get these things. They are so damn sweet.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience hitting one of these VS a kai'li or a Fubuki Alpha? Wondering what the difference in spin numbers would be like

I havent. But I need to commend you for entering a thread and asking the question rather than make a "VS" thread like too many people do. Rep Added!
Anyone have experience hitting one of these VS a kai'li or a Fubuki Alpha? Wondering what the difference in spin numbers would be like

I hope to get one of these soon. I can say that the Kai'li is higher launch and higher spin vs. The alpha. Alpha was mid launch mid spin for me and the kai'li was mid/high launch and mid spin.

Back