Matrix Radix Shaft

TC, awesome review so far!
I looked at Matrix website and they list Radix as a high spinning shaft. Do you see this for yourself?
I am interested in HD5 firm for my R11, I just want something a little more stable than my Blur and something that will help flatten out ball flight rather than the pop up and down with the Blur. Thanks for your thoughts.

TC not sure if youve done the review but I've had an amazing experience the the Matrix HD5 in my ping woods. My G15 originally had the serrano 60 shaft in a regular flex but I always felt like I was working too hard. When I flushed it I certainly got some good drives (230-240) but it just didn't feel right. My buddy sugested something lighter in the driver. I orginally ordered the Nippon WT 5000 (I have Nippon in my irons) but because of the disater in Japan my source told me it would take at least a month to get them. He suggested the HD5 in stiff and boy what a difference. I've been golfing for 4 years and shoot to a 15 and have owned numerous drivers as that had been the weak spot in my game. After I had them shafted went immediately to the range. After hitting a bucket I knew that I finally had the right combination of head and shaft. It was the FIRST time I ever felt the shaft loading and unloading. So thats what they mean!!!!!! It's an addictive feeling for me. I've played a few rounds and have to say these shafts have given me hope that I can stay in the fairway. The stiff is not like a board but neither is it whippy. I'm hitting more fairways and when I flush this I'm getting a good 8-10 yards longer than with the serrano. I even have a personal best and busted one 258 yards. Thats LONG for me. Would love to read your review.

TC, awesome review so far!
I looked at Matrix website and they list Radix as a high spinning shaft. Do you see this for yourself?
I am interested in HD5 firm for my R11, I just want something a little more stable than my Blur and something that will help flatten out ball flight rather than the pop up and down with the Blur. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. To answer your question, I don't see a ton of high spin out of the HD6, but perhaps that's because I have it paired with a low spin head (R11). I can almost assure you that the Radix will "flatten" out your ball flight. Of course demo'ing one would be ideal, but I can say that it's the one shaft that's given me the kind of ball flight I've wanted over the past 2 years, and I've tried bunches.

The official review should be done by the end of this week guys. Thanks a lot for all the questions, comments, and encouragement thus far. It means a lot to me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Great job so far TC. Not sure this shaft will work for me as I really need to air mine to gobble up distance if you know what I mean, but might be worth a demo. Thanks for the review.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. To answer your question, I don't see a ton of high spin out of the HD6, but perhaps that's because I have it paired with a low spin head (R11). I can almost assure you that the Radix will "flatten" out your ball flight. Of course demo'ing one would be ideal, but I can say that it's the one shaft that's given me the kind of ball flight I've wanted over the past 2 years, and I've tried bunches.

The official review should be done by the end of this week guys. Thanks a lot for all the questions, comments, and encouragement thus far. It means a lot to me.

Thanks again for your thoughts and I guess I am all ears (or is it eyes...)

Great job on this TC. You have me intrigued with this shaft although I think I need something a little higher launching

The shaft performed wonderfully for me yesterday. I think I have everything I need in order to finish writing up my review. I will say one thing, I love how predictable this shaft is, and I think I want to keep it in my driver for a while!

The shaft performed wonderfully for me yesterday. I think I have everything I need in order to finish writing up my review. I will say one thing, I love how predictable this shaft is, and I think I want to keep it in my driver for a while!

Good luck with that Shaft Tester! I don't think you are get to keep the same shaft for long with that job.

The first shaft in there might prove a difficult one to shift! Guess this is good news for the upcoming tests, as they now have a high standard to beat.

I'm intrigued by this shaft, and mostly because it's so purrrty. I'd also like to see how I'd get on with a low launch shaft and adjustable head combo.

I was looking at shaft options in some of the Callaway gear and this is one of them. I don'tknow what we will have but call me, you know.. intrigued.

TC your reviews are captivating and I can't wait for this one :)

Awesome TC! I do find it hard to believe you will heep this shaft in your club for too long with everything I'm sure you will be testing. haha

Outperforming the MIyazaki?

That you're open minded and truly willing to play what's best for your game dude
So much so that I sent the Miyazaki to Canada. What does that tell you?

The Miyazaki has fled the country?! Damn that Radix is bad ass

Couple of questions for you TC. What is your swing speed with your driver? Have you, or are you planning to test their hybrid shafts, and do you think they will out perform the Miyazaki if put in the Mashie? I have the Aldila Serrano 60 Stiff in my driver now, and when on the launch monitor with JB he said that I have the perfect shaft for me in there already, but we both know that does not mean I won't change it. So my question is, which Matrix shaft is most similar, or would you recommend for me? Obviously a shaft fitting is the way to go, but just to narrow it down to a few possible options, and to hear your thoughts would be interesting to me.

Couple of questions for you TC. What is your swing speed with your driver? Have you, or are you planning to test their hybrid shafts, and do you think they will out perform the Miyazaki if put in the Mashie? I have the Aldila Serrano 60 Stiff in my driver now, and when on the launch monitor with JB he said that I have the perfect shaft for me in there already, but we both know that does not mean I won't change it. So my question is, which Matrix shaft is most similar, or would you recommend for me? Obviously a shaft fitting is the way to go, but just to narrow it down to a few possible options, and to hear your thoughts would be interesting to me.

Dude, I swear I'm not ignoring you, just been crazy busy with the move and work and painting the house. To be honest, I am not that familiar with the Serrano. I've only had experience with Aldila's Voodoo. My driver swing speed avg is around 111 mph and I have not tested the Radix hybrid shaft not do I know if I will be.

I wish I could recommend the correct Radix shaft for you buddy but I just don't know what one compares to the Serrano in stiff. If I were to guess, i'd say the HD5.

So I was working on my review today and had 824 words under the category of "technology", lol. Had to whittle that downm

Hahaha, I am laughing because I have had this problem many times.

I never realized how hard it would be to explain shaft technology in so few words, that make sense. Wow!

It really is funny.

I never realized how hard it would be to explain shaft technology in so few words, that make sense. Wow!

It really is funny.

Amen buddy. It can be tough.

Posted via Tapatalk

Dude, I swear I'm not ignoring you, just been crazy busy with the move and work and painting the house. To be honest, I am not that familiar with the Serrano. I've only had experience with Aldila's Voodoo. My driver swing speed avg is around 111 mph and I have not tested the Radix hybrid shaft not do I know if I will be.

I wish I could recommend the correct Radix shaft for you buddy but I just don't know what one compares to the Serrano in stiff. If I were to guess, i'd say the HD5.

No worries buddy, I didn't think you were ignoring me, and knew you would get back to me at some point. Your swing speed is a good 15 MPH faster than mine, but I will still steal your driver at some point this summer and try it out...hahaha. I will get you to swing mine the next time I see you too, that way you will have a feel for it too, so I can really start picking your brain. Hope all is going well with the new house bro.

Back