Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Bought the F3 after falling in love with the M3 hybrid. Definitely the most consistent 3 wood I have ever hit. Fantastic club.

Congrats Manic...I absolutely love my F3 and like this years M2 even more than last.

What is it about the new one that you like better?

I would assume, since seeing this years in person, that they are far less likely to snap hook. A lot less offset and less toe hang from my observations.

I would assume, since seeing this years in person, that they are far less likely to snap hook. A lot less offset and less toe hang from my observations.

I had not realized there was that much difference ( guess I should of paid closer attention to the reviews here, shame on me!!). I look forward to checking out the new version at the outing.

I just snagged a TF3 (14*) in stiff from Globalgolf. Can't wait to get it in the bag.

What is it about the new one that you like better?

The offset reduction is the main thing. I would hook and draw the 2011 version even when I was fading everything else. The 2012 version still has some assistance there, but not enough to make the ball go in the opposite direction than my other clubs.

I've still never seen anything from Cleveland that confirmed that they reduced the offset, but it sure looked like it to me when I held the 2011 next to the 2012 in the store before I bought mine.

I like how they cleaned up the look a little bit too.

I need to hit one of these soon....

I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the hybrids again. First impressions were pretty good. They still had that really nice Mashie ball flight.

golf this weekend? Sunday is looking bueno

This sounds like it has hole of the days written all over it. I haven't paid attention at all to the new Mashie Hybrids because i'm so happy with mine but with what AD and Luke said this could be a good upgrade. Worth the extra money? Maybe...

Whats funny is this thread isnt even about the hybrids, you thread jackers! haha

The offset reduction is the main thing. I would hook and draw the 2011 version even when I was fading everything else. The 2012 version still has some assistance there, but not enough to make the ball go in the opposite direction than my other clubs.

I've still never seen anything from Cleveland that confirmed that they reduced the offset, but it sure looked like it to me when I held the 2011 next to the 2012 in the store before I bought mine.

they have reduced the offset, i seen another video where the cleveland golf rep mentions this

Whats funny is this thread isnt even about the hybrids, you thread jackers! haha

Lol well if the FW was a little mroe exciting I could be talking about that! I hit it again when I ordered my CB3's and it just didnt cut it for me. Short on distance and clunky. I need to get it on grass though.

KMac and I always have a good time out on the course. He always plays better than me but the courses and conditions we play in just to 'get out there' are funny enough by themselves. Add in new equipment and its a 4 hour club testing extravaganza. Mind bottling and flummoxing at the same time

This sounds like it has hole of the days written all over it. .

I've got daddy duty this weekend man :( Maybe next weekend before Masters coverage starts?

golf this weekend? Sunday is looking bueno

Yoccos, I didn't like it nearly as much until I got it on the grass. I also have a tendency to stink up the joint with a fairway wood in my hand, so the reliability factor went a long way for me.

Yoccos, I didn't like it nearly as much until I got it on the grass. I also have a tendency to stink up the joint with a fairway wood in my hand, so the reliability factor went a long way for me.

I definitely think I need too. I have yet to find a good Cleveland FW I can hit off a mat. It's kinda disturbing and disappointing since I seem to really love hitting anything of theirs outside.

I do fine with the FL off the mat, but something about that keel in the center of the Mashie makes it much better of the turf for me. I killed the Baffler T-Rail off the mat, but grass time = ugly results.

Off the mats they are no good. If I even scuffed the mat it felt like I was going through mud. Same with the hybrids.

Has there been much comparisons yet between the Adams Fast 12 fairway and the Mashie fairway ?

Has there been much comparisons yet between the Adams Fast 12 fairway and the Mashie fairway ?

I've compared both, including some video, in the Fast 12 forum review thread.

|
|
|
\/

Nice, Griff. So you went with the F3? I think it's a good choice. A little more versatility in that you have a few more yards available if you need it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Nice looking bag you have going there!

Nice, Griff. So you went with the F3? I think it's a good choice. A little more versatility in that you have a few more yards available if you need it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Nice looking bag you have going there!

Thanks Hawk! I did a side by side with the F5 and M3 and wasn't too thrilled with the gap I was seeing. F3 is a good mate with the M3 for me. I almost didn't do it, but the previous state of the long end of the bag would have messed with the i20 testing.

Back