The Worst Driver You Ever Bought

09 Cleveland Launcher with any possible combination of the fit-on shafts. I could have teed off with my putter and had a better chance.

Cobra Tour SS Hi-Cor, bought it second hand, ridiculously loud, the stiff shaft was useless, every single shot faded/Sliced, impossible to keep low, just generally a useless driver for me, then I found out it was illegal, so ordered the 907D2 :p now trying to get used to a decent shaft in X-Stiff

Wilson "Wild Thing." Never knew where the ball was going with that one...named appropriately at least.

Skim alert! Anyone ever try "The Hammer"

442ce98d-f71d-4553.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have. It's a big meh!

Nike Machspeed

when I started out playing I bought a nike sq dymo 2. took me a year to realize it was a piece of crap.

McHenry Metal "Tour Pure"...Dick Enberg and Kathy Whitworth did an informercial. Per Kathy and DICK, they "inspired" confidence....I really bought into the look and feel that they promoted in the informercial. I paid $399, sliced it 60 yards, struggled with it for 60 days, and then traded it in at Roger Dunn for $79....

McHenry Metal "Tour Pure"...Dick Enberg and Kathy Whitworth did an informercial. Per Kathy and DICK, they "inspired" confidence....I really bought into the look and feel that they promoted in the informercial. I paid $399, sliced it 60 yards, struggled with it for 60 days, and then traded it in at Roger Dunn for $79....

I love Roger Dunn and they love me!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

A Titleist 983k 8.5* with a graphite design YS-6+, it was my first driver as a beginner and I never could get decent ball flight because it was not the correct specs for me and my terrible swing, the open face and low loft/shaft combo really exaggerated my slice and almost made me quit golf for good-enter TMAG with the Burner and then I was saved-

Definitely the calaway erc original. Ive never seen a club that marked up so quickly.

Ahh yes... the ERC. I had forgotten that club.....it was hotter than the allowed COR and thus illegal. Callaway has been mentioned a lot on this thread and unfortunately I bought just about everyone one of them...

ERC
C4
VFT

Sounds like some sound financial decisions I've made with golf equipment.....399 for 79...... :act-up:

Oh buddy! Wasn't the c4 that 100% carbon driver? I remember demoing that and the scars... Oh the scars... Lol

Callaway's Hawkeye VFT with the stock firm graphite shaft. Super spinny for me - my tee shots would go 100 yards out, up then straight down.

Nike SQ Sumo 5900 - for a driver that was supposed to be straight and long it was neither for me.

I had my first set of woods when I was 12 that were Spalding Executives. I kept cracking the face of the wood head and my dad kept returning them after a week of play to the club(I was 6'3" and around 225 when I was 12). Finally, Taylor Made had the metal woods come out and that stopped, but I still remember the cracking sound. They were bad clubs.

Taylor Made System 2. The sweet spot was smaller than a BB and the shaft felt like PVC. Strangely. since then, I've only owned TM drivers. Go figure.

I played the system 2 in college with a 1.8 handicap. I still have the 3 wood in my garage...not that I miss it much. It did have a tiny sweet spot, but man, when you hit it, it would go.

I'm a better stock picker than I am a driver selector....(my only redeeming quality) - at least I haven't bought Callaway stock!!!!
Sounds like some sound financial decisions I've made with golf equipment.....399 for 79...... :act-up:

R11. Too much crap going on with that club. Unless you get fitted professionally, good luck trying to figure out. And the weights cost extra. Annoying!

Diablo Edge. Could not hit that thing to save my life...no idea why I bought it.

Zevo Fly-Ti ... that thing was a buggy whip that never did work for me except during the initial evaluation.

i gamed the taylormade System 2 with the Flex-Twist shaft when i was 13. I couldn't hit the damn thing to save my life!

Ping K15 - never should have bought it. GOt so sick and tired of slicing my previous driver, lost my cool one night after a particularly crappy round & drove straight to Golfsmith & bought a high dollar draw biased driver - the K15 fit that bill nicely. Didn't help all that much, so I then learned the Stack & Tilt swing & my slice is a thing of the past - now I draw the ball & a hook is my miss. Draw biased driver is the last thing I need. I'll never make such an impetuous high dollar purchase again ...

Ping i15. I already fade my driver so the open face just exaggerated the problem.

The first Exotics XCG driver was a big resounding dud for me. I came across it cheap, thankfully, and bought it on a whim because I liked my XCG fairway wood so much. Two range sessions later, I gave it to my dad. I only gave it to him because it hurt him to see me drop it in the trash can. I think he uses it for bashing snakes and gophers now. The factory shaft was horrendous for me, and the sound was a thud, much like a dead cat hitting pavement after a long drop. It was straight as an arrow, but I could never get any distance out of it. My HiBore XL came back after the time out and has been treating me really well ever since. I swear that club loves me, and I love it right back.

Back