2011 ESPN PGA Championship Best Ball Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I created a group. Actually, this is a continuation of the U.S. Open and British Open challenges so if you were in either of those, you are already signed up for this one. You can change your roster for every round. We also had a challenge for the Masters. View the rules at the website. Everything you need to know is there.

Once the tournament begins, please do not enter this. If you do enter late, please do so with a fresh clean entry, not one you have used in another league (in other words, if you enter late, make sure you don't use an existing entry). Create a brand new one, which means you will be missing any previous rounds. If you played the U.S. Open challenge, but were not in the THP group, please create a brand new entry as well since this not only shows the total for this tournament but also the cumulative total for all tournaments in this challenge.

This is not an official THP contest. No prizes will be awarded, this is simply for bragging rights.

Join here: http://games.espn.go.com/majors/en/frontpage.

PLEASE USE YOUR THP USERNAME OR SIMILAR. IF I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.

Group name: THP PGA Champ. Best Ball
Password: hackers

This game is actually set up as a "Majors" challenge, but if we do this, we'll just set it up for each major as it happens. I think last year I was able to just change the name of the group as each major rolled around. It kept the stats of the U.S. Open, British Open and PGA. I don't know why they don't include the Masters in this.

Rules:

In a nutshell, this is a best ball tournament format. You pick 4 players and stay within the salary cap. You get their best score per hole for your score. Of course, most under par wins. You can change teams after every round. There are some odd things about it, please refer to the actual rules on the ESPN website. Remember, no complaining if you get screwed by one of their rules! This is not an official THP contest and no prizes are up for grabs. Bragging rights only.

Thanks to 3putter for offering a prize to the winner. Now, obviously, no new entries are allowed!

Hey guys and gals, as a show of appreciation to THP and all of it's members, I wanted to offer a prize for our Best Ball Challenge. Now if you're not interest in what I'm offering it's ok, won't hurt my feelings. If you are interested let me know.

I was fortunate enough to be a guest of SAP at last years Masters, this is where i got these items.

For the winner I'm offering: 1 sleeve of SAP logo Calloway Tour i(s) golf balls (a gift from Ernie Els) a Masters logo Titleist, a spectators guide and a wraped caddie bear (bought in gift shop on the course) that your kids, neices/nephews would love.

These are things that I thought somebody else might enjoy. I will ship them (at my cost) to the winner. Please pm me your address after you've beaten us down. If I happen to win, the 2nd place member would recieve them. If you win and are not interested, just let me know and I'll move down the list till someone does.

Thanks to Smallville for his help and all THPers.

3putter

Here are the 36 entries for this challenge:

mcook77
Ottawa Golf Blog
White Rhino
3putter
Smallville
tadashi
Spank
M-910
solidkjames
tnolan
BogbeastUK
DevRickus
Fildini
Josh_Ross
IceyShanks
couldbeu
Dazinkster
Texashacker
jefrazie
woody
biggsy
coolbreeze
Fairway2Green
snkli
Golf Ghost
WCUEB
ddec
Staticline
BlueTitan
Dirtydawg67
Oblongfungus
CraftyLefty
checkered
One-T
MikeF
kapsularian

Last edited:
Final standings of the previous challenges:

British Open:

1. Dazinkster, -33
T2. couldbeu and M-910, -32
4. Mike F, -31
5. Oblongfungus, -30
T6. mcook and IceyShanks, -29
T8. Smallville and SolidKJames, -28
10. jefrazie, -27
T11. woody and Crafty Lefty, -26
13. JoshRoss, -25
T14. tadashi, Spank and White Rhino, -24
17. coolbreeze, -23
18. BogbeastUK, -21
19. biggsy, -17
20. DevRickus, -16
21. Fairway2Green, -12

U.S. Open:

1 MikeF -41
T2 Fairway2Green and mcook -40
T4 snkli, Golf Ghost and Smallville -37
T7 biggsy, jefrazie, WCUEB and ddec -36
T11 IceyShanks, Staticline, woody, tadashi and Blue Titan -34
16 Spank -31
T17 White Rhino, Dirtydawg and coolbreeze -30
20 One-T -29
T21 tnolan and couldbeu -27

The Masters:

1. Hole Out -42
2. Dazinkster -41
T3. mcook77, cg13 and White Rhino -40
6. Hoosier Golfer -39
T7. Smallville, Bridges, Fairway2Green, Staticline and wcueb -38
T12. Dankil13, tnolan and beowulf -37
15. jefrazie 9 -35
T16. Puttin4Bird, coolbreeze, Spank, ohio striker and SW FLA -34
21. packersfan -33
22.IceyShanks -32
23. Weezy -31
T24. cj3ap2, Oregon Golfer, ogie and rrpruett -30

reserved

Sweet - will be in as always!! This is definitely one of the more fun contests to get in since you can change your picks daily.

Looking forward to this, hoping for a good week

Sweet, I'm ready to do this!

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Bump for the evening crowd.

Thanks for the reminder Smalls

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Bump for the weekday crowd.

Thanks for the reminder Smalls.

Evening bump.

I'm in again.

I am in again. Hoping to move up from 20th out of 21..lol

Round 1 picks all set!

Picks are set!

Picked my round 1 guys. Hoping for lots of birdies

just replying so you know who I am, this will be the first time I have entered this contest.

thanks for setting up

skipped the British...i'll have to remember to get in this one.

this should be interesting :) wish I'd noticed this before!

this should be interesting :) wish I'd noticed this before!

Stick around. I do this every year. It's a fun, for bragging rights only contest. I'd love it if ESPN did this for every tournament for fantasy golf.

First round lead picks made.

Last afternoon bump for this. We're up to 34 people, hopefully the people who were already in remember about this and make their picks!

We are up to 35 entries.

Back