2012 Morgan Cup Recap Thread

although, if ****** puts me at the anchor in every match again...i'm joining Team Paradise.

hehe poor Tyno didn't get to see anyone else hit a shot after the 1st tee each round

I didn't want to hangout with Chunky hehe

I think the closeness of the final score showed that it was a pretty good way to do it. I think the captains should decide which spot they are going out in for the final day ahead of time though.

Chunky and I had an epic captains match!
I tend to agree that the captains should go out against each other. It was interesting to see JB's strategy compared to that of Dean and Chunky with where they put themselves. Obviously it worked so I can't knock the plan.

I tend to agree that the captains should go out against each other. It was interesting to see JB's strategy compared to that of Dean and Chunky with where they put themselves. Obviously it worked so I can't knock the plan.

yes the strategies were certainly interesting to see throughout the entire weekend.

Even Morgan chimed in with a you guys are gonna get killed type of comment in the match Bradd and I played with JB and Jake. I am pretty sure nobody thought it would be close let alone halved. That's why you play the games.
The problem is that you an Bradd just refused to listen to her. How dare you guys do that?

This would be difficult to do with 3 teams, but I think that it would be cool for the pairings to be done next year in a live-stream format like the President's Cup. One captain puts up their pairing, and then another captain responds to that pairing with their team. I think it would make the matches even more competitive.
That would be very cool.
like the way it was done this year. i think the blind draw puts a little bit of strategy in the captains court, as well as some responsibility of each player on the team letting the captain know their strengths and weaknesses, so they can decide where they should put them.
*woops! did i just give away Team Hacker's secret plan?!*

but seriously, i think the blind draw yielded more close matches than blow-outs and that was a great feature this year in that, pretty much every match was close in one way or another. so FWIW, i enjoyed the way it was done.

although, if ****** puts me at the anchor in every match again...i'm joining Team Paradise.
You should probably just join Team Paradise now and save yourself the heartache of Chunky jerking your chain like that. You know I'd never do that to you buddy. Although I would trust you 1000% to be my anchor anytime.

lol...Chunky knew exactly what he was doing the entire time....he just plays it off well.
i believe that he even had a winner's speech written...but he just played it cool.

lol...Chunky knew exactly what he was doing the entire time....he just plays it off well.
i believe that he even had a winner's speech written...but he just played it cool.

I hope that wasn't the written speech haha

Just finished 2 recap videos and they are uploading as i type, so youtube will prob have them up some time next week

This would be difficult to do with 3 teams, but I think that it would be cool for the pairings to be done next year in a live-stream format like the President's Cup. One captain puts up their pairing, and then another captain responds to that pairing with their team. I think it would make the matches even more competitive.

Interesting idea dude. I like it.

Just finished 2 recap videos and they are uploading as i type, so youtube will prob have them up some time next week

Same for me as well. 5th time is the charm!!!

--
Tapatalk2

I did a recap video this afternoon from a volunteers point of view. Used my phone to do it, and for some reason it is muted. :at-wits-end:

2nd day recap.

I knew all along Tyno!! The faith was always there. Don't listen to Jake. He dreams of having a juggernaut like Team Hackers!!

And lol at the speech written. Sorry guys but it looked grisly after Day 1

Nice thoughts Chunky. I love the hazy memories hahaha

Good video chunky. I like how TC is banned from Bridgestone testing! hahaha

2nd day recap.

lol at your Chunky-upload.
i watched this at noon today on the youtubes.
great recap Cap! i'm patiently awaiting episodes 3, 4 and 5 of the Chunky Recap Saga.

Good ah video chunky ah some funny recaps. Why are all your videos being filmed in a car?

That has been the hardest thing for me. It felt like every time I picked up the golf club there was purpose behind what I was doing. Need to set some new goals in order to try and get that feeling back. I would likely be in the dumps even further if I didn't have the Iowa tour event to look forward to.

I hear ya bro....I have tried to go out and practice and stuff and I just really haven't been able to put my heart into it yet...it was just nice to have that carrot at the end of the stick.

I hear echo's at night while I sleep Jake Thanks to you bro.
Yyou can growl it out the best.

Everytime I see you pop up in a thread I have to say it out loud....LOL

Coming from the other side of things, I've been more motivated to improve than ever before.

I consider that I great compliment Frank...thanks.

This goes to Jake, and well anyone else who wants to answer it.

What did you think about the way the matchups were set this year as opposed to last years? Would you be in favor of doing it the same way again?

I really liked how it was done this year and would definitely be in favor of that going forward. Especially with 3 teams, I don't see a way we could do it any other way really. Sure you could have each captain take turns putting a match together but I'm not sure how that would go. The way it was this year worked really well, even in singles we didn't see any complete blow outs this way. Well other than Cookie....he killed both the guys he played, but he's a machine.

I think going into it, we all thought that there were going to be a couple of "blow outs" and for the most part they didn't happen...heck if me and Seth can go to 17 with JB and Breezy...anything can happen!

Actually, it's a good question Dean...I think alot of us higher handicappers were concerned that we would end up playing TC or INGolfer or JB in singles and it really didnt work out they way....I think other than the lack of a captains match it turned out to be as good as it could have been.

I really think there needs to be a "gentleman's agreement" as to what match the captains will be in, because I think there needs to be a captains match in singles....other than that, I thought it went off great!

Good ah video chunky ah some funny recaps. Why are all your videos being filmed in a car?

So far its the only place I can be alone to tape something

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

So far its the only place I can be alone to tape something

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering that too...but last year the videos were not only done in the car, but done while they were driving....so I guess a parked car is better than a moving one...LOL

Finally got around to making these. I have more uploading as we speak

Great vid Kelly! You actually joined in Feb... lol But really awesome video dude! Love your spirit.

<--------------------------

Chunky - you crack me up dude. The "hangover". You did a great job of hiding just how bad you were feeling that morning, I would have been keeled over in the cart asking you to make a throw up put stop, ha.

You are right dude, Thursday morning was awesome with TCMex, awesome dudes to play golf with - some really great memories from that morning.

TC banned from product testing....uh oh!! ha

Well done captain, well done!

Back