2012 Ultimate Golf Weekend Recap Thread

Just curious, how did you end up with that grip? I remember watching Will on the big break and wondering if that was taught to him or if he started that way on his own and just stuck with it.

Something that came natural to me when I started golf about 14yrs ago that I stuck with.

Will from big break was the 2nd person I saw with that grip.

Chris Couch on the PGA uses it inside 100yds. I saw him in New Orleans when he won the Compaq classic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

zing! don't be jealous War....she had better hair than you, that's all

I noticed we never heard the recap from your hole of the day. Going to assume you bogeyed that one?

I am going to try to recap this when I get some time to think. Hopefully this weekend will afford me the opportunity. Now I am just getting posts in between traveling and meetings.

Brett I always have a blast teeing it up or just hanging out with you. Thank you so much again to you and Lee for taking me to the airport and making sure I got to my flight. Much appreciated!!
You're welcome! Let us know when you want to visit Jersey Yoccos!!!!!

Lee did, and it wasn't moving but something else in the bushes was so she went running!!

THAT was freaky!!!!!

now that would have been funny to see

When we all golf together Jenn and I can reenact it for you! You can hit that shot again, right Jenn?? :D

What a weekend. This was my second outing, and it was even better than the first. Here is my day by day.

Wednesday: My wife and I got to the resort just a little ahead of our villa mates Cookie, and his wife Stephanie. After a quick trip to the store we all sat around the dining room table and talked for a few hours, and had a couple of drinks. Seeing Cookie was like seeing an old friend even though we had never met in person before. What an awesome guy, and his wife is really cool. I honestly felt like we all knew each other forever. We knew we had an early start coming Thursday, and decided to call it a night without going too late, or too deep into the bottle.

Thursday Morning: Played 18 with Cookie, Bhillin, and Sharkwrestler. We all know Cookies swing may not be the prettiest thing, but it gets the job done. He had me laughing a lot too. Any time I hit a bad shot (which is quite often) he would grab my hands and check for white knuckles. This may have been the only time of the entire trip that I saw Shark sober! He played some good golf, and is just so laid back that you can't help but have a good time with him. Bhillin was a bit of a quiet dude this round. I am sure it was just the first round, first outing jitters.

Thursday Afternoon: This was another scheduled 18 with Cookie, White Rhino, and Tadashi. Cookie and I continued our banter throughout the day as a carry over from the morning round. This was my first round with White Rhino, and first meeting with Tadashi. White Rhino, you are a great dude. I would tee it up with you any time. Like so many of us, you hit some good shots, and some bad, but you just get it. It isn't about the golf, it's about the people. Tadashi, man can you play this game. I flat out choked on my first tee shot of the round with you and pulled it over the trees, because all I was thinking was don't duff this tee shot and embarass yourself in front of Freddie. I don't know why, but I was nervous about not playing well with you. I have to say that Freddie was one of the people that I really looked forward to meeting in person, because of the banter we have had going on leading in to the weekend, and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to do so. Unfortunately, WR cut out after 9 holes, and I played only 1 more since it ended at my villa. I was just too tired to finish 36 the first day.

Friday Morning: Demo Day. There were clubs all over the place, and quite a few for those of us that swing from the other side of the ball! I will do my club reviews in the correct forums, but wanted to share this one bit. I picked up the Cleveland Classic driver, teed one up, and said "man I hope I hate this driver." Unfortunately, that is not what happened. I crushed it, long and straight, time after time. There were several highlights for me during the demo day. The par 3 challenge was hysterical. Especially watching 3 straight Team Paradise members put a total of 5 balls in the water, and One-T giving everyone a hard time. Pmoa sinking that 100' putt was amazing. What a great how do you do to the THP outing. Then Hanks sinks one on top of it a few turns later! The rains came shortly after that, and it was awesome to see everyone chip in and help getting all of the equipment sorted out.

Friday Evening: THP Dinner. The soup was awesome! Apparently the waitress thought so too because she took my bowl of it while I had the spoon in my mouth. I thought it was Jake and was about to go HAM (he knows why) until I realized it was a waitress. The food was really, really good, and you can trust that since I am obviously someone who knows how to eat. All of the prizes being awarded, and the wheel being unfriendly at times made for some good laughs too.

More to come as I will post my thoughts on Saturday and Sunday tomorrow.

Something that came natural to me when I started golf about 14yrs ago that I stuck with.
So are you going RBZ driver after this? You were killing it after you got it dialed in? Hell, I forgot about your wacky swing after a few bombs.

So are you going RBZ driver after this? You were killing it after you got it dialed in? Hell, I forgot about your wacky swing after a few bombs.

Yeah most definitely! Also a set of SCOR wedges too!

I told myself I was content with my setup before the outing.. Boy I was WRONG!

LUCKY! I guess that would be the one word that describes last weekend for me. I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to go when one of the late openings happened. (And MaryC insisted on sending me delicious cookies for taking her spot). I have been to demo days from Tampa, Florida to Chattanooga, TN (where I first saw bear4ever), and I saw clubs at the THP demo day that I had never seen before. I was lucky to wind up in a villa with bear4ever, Idrops, adwillingham, Mward2002, Lambro2, playdough and Wake. I was lucky to have Mward as my roomie. He didn't snore! Not that it really mattered since he wasn't in the room much. I really think that EnergizerBunny would be a better name for him. He played about a hundred holes during the outing, went to bed about 3:30 am on Saturday and about 2:00 on Sunday but was up and cheerful before 6:30 each day. I was lucky to get to eat a bunch of good food at the banquet and win a Yonex Driver! More about the driver in a thread later.

On Saturday, I got to play with dawgdaddy, v.man, and MikeT. dawgdaddy has a great tempo. v.man has a great swing and MikeT has a great attitude. It was fun to be the youngest one of that bunch and dawgdaddy's tempo eventually helped me start swinging the club better after staring out triple bogey triple bogey. I was lucky when kellybo joined us (by hitting her tee shot on a par 3 (16?) much closer than any of our 4 tee shots have been.) I was lucky that she teed off from the front tees after that so I could pretend that was the only reason that she outdrove me. That afternoon I was lucky to find t shirts with Daisy, Minnie, Mickie and Tinkerbell at Downtown Disney to take home to my granddaughters.

On Sunday, I was lucky to be paired with bmwnola, truefx, and idrops. idrops winning the wedge contest was no fluke. He is great with his wedges. I am lucky that I do not hit my drives as far as as truefx or I would be broke because I would never be in my office working. I was lucky to see bmwnola get his first eagle with a great drive and an even better 5 iron on a par 5 that I couldn't come close to reaching with driver, 3 wood. I was lucky to still be alive after bmwnola shanked a wedge that went into the cart and around my head. Playing with truefx and bmwnola wasn't good for my tempo and I started trying to swing so hard that my feet hurt too bad to play anymore that afternoon. But even that was lucky because I had to go to the doctor the next day and found out I had plantar fasciitis, got some medicine and exercises and my every morning foot pain is gone already.

Again, this past weekend was lucky for me and I had a great time.

I agree. We even talked a little physics at the banquet.

F=ma, and boy does Jerry have some game too!

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

Nice write up Hanks, I'd tee it up anytime with you bro! Still wish I had gotten the pic of you mound humping!

We just got home safe and sound after about 13+ hours of travelling

I'll post a full recap when I am more rested. I have loved all the recaps so far!

BMW is not the only cross handed player out there :D Cool for you guys to see someone who is able to do this consistently and kudos to BMW for his style/skill!

I can't even putt left hand low. :confused2:

I think he was surprised I didn't yell or toss a club during the round since that used to be my rep so I'm glad I disappointed him on that.
I was actually impressed. Hearing your adventures in the past led me to believe you would abandon the game at some point. I'm glad that hasn't happened because that would have been awful. You seem to enjoy the game now. I enjoyed our round and glad we finally got a chance to tee it up together. Enjoyed shooting the bull with you on Friday night as well. See you in a few months my man!

Oh, and awesome putt during the putting contest!

I hope to have my full recap soon, as I am back in Chicago now and can truly recapture in my head the full experience. The Outing was very awesome and one that I will cherish for a long while.

Last edited:
I hope to have my full recap soon, as I am back in Chicago now and can truly recapture in my head the full experience. The Outing was very awesome and one that I will cherish for a long while. Unfortunately, just prior to my Saturday afternoon round with One-T, I found out that earlier that morning my old college roommate and pal was put in intensive care due to internal bleeding. He ended up passing away during the Sunday morning round.

oh man sorry to hear that

I hope to have my full recap soon, as I am back in Chicago now and can truly recapture in my head the full experience. The Outing was very awesome and one that I will cherish for a long while. Unfortunately, just prior to my Saturday afternoon round with One-T, I found out that earlier that morning my old college roommate and pal was put in intensive care due to internal bleeding. He ended up passing away during the Sunday morning round.

man that's awful to hear looper.

Oh, I am so sorry.... Prayers and love to you.

Never something someone wants to deal with inter.. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family and friends

Sent from my iPhone

thank you my friend...I've had a different attitude the past few months after having some personal issues so I have a different perspective on things now.

I was actually impressed. Hearing your adventures in the past led me to believe you would abandon the game at some point. I'm glad that hasn't happened because that would have been awful. You seem to enjoy the game now. I enjoyed our round and glad we finally got a chance to tee it up together. Enjoyed shooting the bull with you on Friday night as well. See you in a few months my man!

Oh, and awesome putt during the putting contest!

It was recon, not mound humping lol

Nice write up Hanks, I'd tee it up anytime with you bro! Still wish I had gotten the pic of you mound humping!

no way...solid par man. I lipped out the birdie putt. I get to replay that one soon though :act-up:

I noticed we never heard the recap from your hole of the day. Going to assume you bogeyed that one?

Sorry to hear inter...thoughts and energy goes out to you and his family.

Guys its a terrible thing that happened to Interlooper, but let's keep this one to the outing and give condolences by either PM or in a different thread. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that Looper. All my best to you.

Finally working on writing up a recap...I'm at 400 words and just got to Friday.

Just catching up on the thread I'll try to put something together soon.
For now Thank you so much JB and GG for a Great weekend with new friends.

JB,I hope that I didn't offend you. I wasn't trying to be funny at the Banquet when i had asked about which prize I won after spinning the wheel of destiny
I have a hard time hearing 50% loss all freq. so that's why I asked which prize.

Thank You THP for the wonderful Prize " RBZ set of Iron"s" and a very Delicious dinner.
More to come later

Last edited:
Back