2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

Honestly my mind right now if I jump would be here, knowing I’ve got the OG forged Tec if I ultimately can’t handle the more ‘players’ club
You will be hitting my CB's when in Jersey. It will be fun.

Honestly my mind right now if I jump would be here, knowing I’ve got the OG forged Tec if I ultimately can’t handle the more ‘players’ club

You’ll be fine with them. They’re super playable for there size!

You’ll be fine with them. They’re super playable for there size!
Yes totally agree. Anticipate that any reservations you have about being able to handle these will dissipate quickly. Much more playable than the profile indicates. The “players” club designation I think scares off a big demographic that really can play these.

Very solid! What’s crazy is that these irons look absolutely gorgeous and can compete with anyone else based on looks alone. But they don’t stop there because from what I’ve read they flat out perform as well. It’s shocking to me that I have never seen anyone game any cobra irons out here in Oregon. Cobra drivers and woods, absolutely, but irons, never. It’s wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the last few iron releases from Cobra hopefully start to make some inroads in the iron market for them. Very under-appreciated but trending in the right direction I think.

Hi all.

I have now reed a few pages but not all 71 in this thread. 😩

I reed at Cobras website that they rec the CBs if you have 3 or lower in hcp.
Is they hard to hit?

I am a pretty solid iron player and really love the the CBs.
Have not hit them yet, just hold in my hand.

Now when i am playing to buy new irons my thought are. A combo Tour 4-7 and CBs 8-pw.
Or a hole set of CBs?

Hi all.

I have now reed a few pages but not all 71 in this thread. 😩

I reed at Cobras website that they rec the CBs if you have 3 or lower in hcp.
Is they hard to hit?

I am a pretty solid iron player and really love the the CBs.
Have not hit them yet, just hold in my hand.

Now when i am playing to buy new irons my thought are. A combo Tour 4-7 and CBs 8-pw.
Or a hole set of CBs?
I am a 7ish cap and play 5-GW in the CB's with no issues. I was able to hit the MB's pretty well at my fitting but I couldn't take that big of jump from my old Forged Tecs to the MB's.

I am a 7ish cap and play 5-GW in the CB's with no issues. I was able to hit the MB's pretty well at my fitting but I couldn't take that big of jump from my old Forged Tecs to the MB's.
Thanks for the reply. Did you also test the Tours?

Thought if there is very big different between the both models?

Thanks for the reply. Did you also test the Tours?

Thought if there is very big different between the both models?
I hit the CBs better than the tours (dispersion). I think the tours were a little longer but the CB's checked all the boxes for me. I was set on going into the tours when I went for the fitting but the CB's surprised me. I have the CB 4i but I use the Forged Tec 4i from my old set in the spot as it is so much easier to hit and I get more consistent distance with it.

I hit the CBs better than the tours (dispersion). I think the tours were a little longer but the CB's checked all the boxes for me. I was set on going into the tours when I went for the fitting but the CB's surprised me. I have the CB 4i but I use the Forged Tec 4i from my old set in the spot as it is so much easier to hit and I get more consistent distance with it.
Thanks.
Maybe i must go and have a fitting then. I really loved the look at both CBs and the Tour when i have they in my hand.
Think for the best of both world maybe a combo set have been the best

@jdtox how many more birdies would I make if I had the Tours vs the MIM Tours in the bag?

There is some CB heads I made an offer on.

I talk to a local pro yesterday. He told me to get a CB or a CB/MB set.
He didnt rec a combo between the Tour/ CBs.

Just becose of the CBs loft towards the Tour not fit perfect.
And the centre of gravity also wasnt right

I guess it depends on what you are trying to achieve in a combo set but that doesn't make any sense.

Can get a set of the CB for $540... I just think going more forgiving vs less forgiving at this point is the way. Seems like a steal though.

Can get a set of the CB for $540... I just think going more forgiving vs less forgiving at this point is the way. Seems like a steal though.
Some say the CB is plenty forgiving. Whatever makes you happy.

I could go on a whole rant about club advice from swing guys but I'll just say that the transition from the Tours to the CBs in my bag is pretty flawless. Takes very little effort to pair them in a bag. And a compelling argument could be made for that being easier than the CB to MB transition despite them being same loft.

I have a tour 4 iron and cb 5-gw and it blends fine

This was one from the other day. This KING triple combo is still proving to be my go-to on course and monitor because they're just that damn good.

Man every time I’m thinking of a new set of irons i go out the course and play with these and wonder what could be better!

Was all over the par 3s on back and was just steady with them almost all day. They're such good irons. Feel and control are awesome. I really hope with the new releases that people aren't forgetting about these.

Last edited:

Was all over the par 3s on back and was just steady with them almost all day. They're such good irons. Feel and control are awesome. I really hope with the new releases that people aren't forgetting about these.

These are in the back of my mind but I feel like I want to give forgiveness a try

Back