2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

Saw a group at the range and two of the four had King Tour irons in the bag. That was new to me and I knew they knew about gear haha.

Saw a group at the range and two of the four had King Tour irons in the bag. That was new to me and I knew they knew about gear haha.
I’ve seen more Cobra in the bag this year then ever before

that is surprisingly awesome.

As I have been doing some spring cleaning and going through some gear I came across my Copper MIM irons. Man those things were good, I really thought they were the ones I'd hang onto and would always have a place but the King Tours are superior in looks, shaping and color and especially feel. I really don't know why they don't get more attention honestly.

As I have been doing some spring cleaning and going through some gear I came across my Copper MIM irons. Man those things were good, I really thought they were the ones I'd hang onto and would always have a place but the King Tours are superior in looks, shaping and color and especially feel. I really don't know why they don't get more attention honestly.
I was searching high and low for a set of MIM Tour Coppers in good shape but came up empty. Wish my fitter had Cobra because the King Tours were high on my list

I was searching high and low for a set of MIM Tour Coppers in good shape but came up empty. Wish my fitter had Cobra because the King Tours were high on my list

There’s new sets out there for 600 bucks

There’s new sets out there for 600 bucks
They were only available right handed. I did find a new set of lefty for $600 but they were in chrome. CPO had a used set for about $800 but they were +.5”

Well you're in luck because while you may have missed out these are better in every way...unless you really wanted Copper. If your fitter doesn't have them I'd find someone who does.

Well you're in luck because while you may have missed out these are better in every way...unless you really wanted Copper. If your fitter doesn't have them I'd find someone who does.
Sadly it’s too late for now as I ended up going with Pings. I may explore some of the Darkspeed line up with woods…plus there is always the chance with the Morgan Cup

Do you think it’s because they got sold as players irons?

I think that's a big part of it. To see that they're recommended for Tour - 7 handicap, if folks pay attention to that, is pretty daunting (at least it was for me). I only hit them to say I had, but it didn't take long to realize I had been wrong in avoiding them.

On top of that, while it's incredibly unfortunate, there are people that won't give a look in the direction of Cobra simply because they aren't one of the big 3.

I have talked to a lot of randoms over the last few months. The few that ask me about my irons or look in my bag always say the same thing. "I never look at Cobra for anything." There is a subset of folks that will only try the big 3 in OEMs.

I have talked to a lot of randoms over the last few months. The few that ask me about my irons or look in my bag always say the same thing. "I never look at Cobra for anything." There is a subset of folks that will only try the big 3 in OEMs.
I don’t remember if it was the CB in your bag at Ballyhack but I remember hitting next to you on the range day 1 and commenting how good your irons sounded.

Those subset folks aren’t smart 😂

I don’t remember if it was the CB in your bag at Ballyhack but I remember hitting next to you on the range day 1 and commenting how good your irons sounded.
Yup the CBs. I remember your comment.

Blushing GIF

I hear this a lot as well unfortunately

I’m really enjoying these irons. There is absolutely nothing a new set of irons could do better (other than being new lol) for me. They look good, feel great, and the numbers are fantastic.

I have been hitting off mats for 3-4 months now so before my big events in April and May I will take these in for lie and loft checks. Not seeing any crazy gapping issues but want to make sure I am at my best.

A windy and but chilly range session this afternoon and quickly reminded how good the king tours feel and sound when struck well even with crappy range balls. It’s that feel that has kept me from even trying the CB’s I’m not sure they can be beat

First time hitting the King Tour today with MMT 105S shafts. First impression is that they're very playable and even my poor striking and misses would've been playable. This a decently hit 7i. 1000-1500 rpm more than with a DS 7i...
IMG_20240322_133320.jpg

First time hitting the King Tour today with MMT 105S shafts. First impression is that they're very playable and even my poor striking and misses would've been playable. This a decently hit 7i. 1000-1500 rpm more than with a DS 7i...
View attachment 9250642
That seems like a really fun combo to hit!

View attachment 9250642
That sounds like a great looking combination

View attachment 9250642
I like what I'm seeing here.

That seems like a really fun combo to hit!
That sounds like a great looking combination
I like what I'm seeing here.
It was a really fun combo. I've pretty much decided to change into graphite in irons as well, but for some reason I've been thinking about lighter ones in the 75-95 range. The 105 wasn't bad at all! It definitely took a few swings to start finding the combo, but I could easily game that pair. The King Tours just went to the forefront of my thinking in irons...

Back