2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

Only made it through 11 holes before lightning ended the round but really enjoyed the XV again today. Think this may be the ball for me

How’s the durability on these been holding up? They’ve been getting beat up pretty bad in my experience especially with the yellow whether in a divide or a solid yellow ball.

I got the 3 for 2 xv divide from DSG, $73 shipped to my door in 2 days. I am liking the ball a lot. Long off the driver w plenty of green side spin for me. Putt nicely as well. Durability seems fine. I wish I'd gotten more.

How’s the durability on these been holding up? They’ve been getting beat up pretty bad in my experience especially with the yellow whether in a divide or a solid yellow ball.
I've found them to be plenty durable. Take that for what it's worth since I lose a lot of golf balls. But I've only had to throw 1 away due to cover scratches, and that was because I bounced it off the cart path.

Watching Keegan down the stretch reminded me to pull out some Diamonds for some testing time.

I haven't had any durability issues with the Z Star XV divides so far.

The finish on the Z-Star is more durable than the Q-Star Divide in my opinion. Easier to clean as well.

The only thing I can really compare them to at the moment are CSX's since I've hit both a bunch indoors over the last couple months. I posted a picture of the CSX leaving residue on my wedges with swings as short as half swings. Both the Diamond and Z haven't left a similar mark on the same wedge with any swing.

Watching Keegan down the stretch reminded me to pull out some Diamonds for some testing time.

Diamond may be my new ball. Was playing the regular Z star. Have put the diamond in play here and there the last 4 rounds or so and notice that my longest drives are with the diamond. Do not appear to be sacrificing in other areas. It doesnt to me seem any harder off the face. Will keep comparing it to z star the next few rounds but barring some really conclusive data that makes an argument against, will be what I go with.

I think the XV is my favorite. It's longer off the tee. The compression doesn't bother me even though I usually like a softer ball. There's plenty of spin going into greens. Lots of check ups the last few rounds I've played. I did get some QST's to try as well. I like them, just less distance and it seems not as much spin going into greens.

But again, I'd be happy with any of them.

I wanted to comment again on the durability of both the Z and the Diamond. I have put six balls (three of each) through the absolute ringer since getting the ST+. Just the amount of wedge shots alone should have destroyed these golf balls, but they are still going strong. Will try to get pictures today.

I plan on doing a comparison on both balls for both the driver and wedges, hopefully today. I'd like to incorporate iron swings into that, but frankly I'm just hoping to hit my irons with a 60% proficiency rate right now. There is no way for me to realistically pick a better ball for myself with irons.

Here is a comparison of the Z and the Diamond with the same 54 degree RTX 6 wedge. This was a 75% swing that I'd use in the 70-75 yard range. I was setting up with a slightly opened face, as I find that 1) increases my spin and bit and 2) mitigates my tendency to pull wedges. My takeaway is I am more than happy with the performance of both balls here. My anecdotal feedback has been similar as well.

Top data set is the Z and bottom data set is the Diamond. Shot score is high because ST+ expects me to be swinging full.

Capture.JPG

Here is a comparison of the Z and the Diamond with the same 54 degree RTX 6 wedge. This was a 75% swing that I'd use in the 70-75 yard range. I was setting up with a slightly opened face, as I find that 1) increases my spin and bit and 2) mitigates my tendency to pull wedges. My takeaway is I am more than happy with the performance of both balls here. My anecdotal feedback has been similar as well.

Top data set is the Z and bottom data set is the Diamond. Shot score is high because ST+ expects me to be swinging full.

View attachment 9192344
Man Hawk, I like what I see from the Z. Flatter, more spin, checks.

Man Hawk, I like what I see from the Z. Flatter, more spin, checks.

Yea, if forced to pick, I'd take it as well for a few reasons. Just the fact that it comes in Tour Yellow alone is a big deal, but feel and performance is just there for me as well.

Yea, if forced to pick, I'd take it as well for a few reasons. Just the fact that it comes in Tour Yellow alone is a big deal, but feel and performance is just there for me as well.
I like the Diamond a lot, but the Z just has always been so well rounded in my experiences

I like the Diamond a lot, but the Z just has always been so well rounded in my experiences

I did test them both with driver, but was a bit gassed by the time I got there, so I'm not going to make any major conclusions.

I’ve always been a high compression ball guy.

But I’m going to pick up some regular zstars. All this ball fitting talk is in my head. I need to shake it up.

I did test them both with driver, but was a bit gassed by the time I got there, so I'm not going to make any major conclusions.

Do you plan on doing another driver test between the two at a time when you have more left in the tank?
This is good stuff. I still teeter between z and diamond as they both suit me well but if there is one that may be just a hair better numbers wise, good to know.

Do you plan on doing another driver test between the two at a time when you have more left in the tank?
This is good stuff. I still teeter between z and diamond as they both suit me well but if there is one that may be just a hair better numbers wise, good to know.

Yea, I will for sure eventually. As for now, they're pretty dang similar.

View attachment 9192344
I see someone already had the same question I did about doing the same thing with the driver. I keep going back and forth between the XV and the Diamond and I really can't decide which I like better. I thought the Diamond was getting a little squirrley off the driver, but I've decided it's just that I seem to have lost my driver swing the last few rounds.

I see someone already had the same question I did about doing the same thing with the driver. I keep going back and forth between the XV and the Diamond and I really can't decide which I like better. I thought the Diamond was getting a little squirrley off the driver, but I've decided it's just that I seem to have lost my driver swing the last few rounds.

That happens more than I wish!

The finish on the Z-Star is more durable than the Q-Star Divide in my opinion. Easier to clean as well.
I 100% agree with this! I feel like the Z-Star is holding up quite nicely!

Been trying out the z-star the last couple of weeks and really liking it. I was using the QST, which is a fantastic ball, but just wanted to try something new. Distance off the tee wiht the z-star has been comparable, but where I'm enjoying it the most is on my approach shots and around the green. I seem to be getting more spin out of the z-star on my approaches and chips. My last round, I regularly found the ball was stopping no more than 2-3 ft or so from the pitch mark even on the long approaches. Ball also seems to be pretty durable, so all around a great ball.

Back