2023 Srixon Z-STAR and Divide Golf Balls

Been trying out the z-star the last couple of weeks and really liking it. I was using the QST, which is a fantastic ball, but just wanted to try something new. Distance off the tee wiht the z-star has been comparable, but where I'm enjoying it the most is on my approach shots and around the green. I seem to be getting more spin out of the z-star on my approaches and chips. My last round, I regularly found the ball was stopping no more than 2-3 ft or so from the pitch mark even on the long approaches. Ball also seems to be pretty durable, so all around a great ball.

I've played the zstar xv for awhile and dabbled with the QST.

been toying with putting the reg zstar in play, but don't like hearing it's the same distance off the tee as the QST. :confused: that's my biggest knock on the QST is distance off the tee.

been toying with putting the reg zstar in play, but don't like hearing it's the same distance off the tee as the QST. :confused: that's my biggest knock on the QST is distance off the tee.
Yeah, I was hoping to see both distance and spin, but only truly noticed the spin. If there were any gains off the tee, it was probably minimal for me.

I have been playing around a little bit with the Zstar diamond and from what I can tell, I am getting more distance with the diamond off the tee versus the regular Z. I can't tell anything appreciable regarding spin/greeenside or irons, but that is just anecdotal, and have no hard launch monitor numbers to back that up.

Just picked up another box of diamond after having played the XV for a few boxes. Let’s see if I can get my driver swing to cooperate enough to get a better feel for them there. I love the Diamond off the irons into greens.

Consider me a Divide convert. Not to say I'm solely committed to them, but I'm a fan. I did add a sharpie line along the transition on one side. That's a better option for lining up putts to my eye and doesn't really detract.

Consider me a Divide convert. Not to say I'm solely committed to them, but I'm a fan. I did add a sharpie line along the transition on one side. That's a better option for lining up putts to my eye and doesn't really detract.
I like them. I don't really use the dividing line as a guide at the moment. I just like the look.

I like them. I don't really use the dividing line as a guide at the moment. I just like the look.

For sure. The Tour Yellow is classic as always, but the white side has a nice pearlescent thing going on. Very sharp. The divide isn't quite as noticeable in the air as you see on the blue/yellow QST, but it's so much easier to spot on the ground.

Why did I wait so long to Divide? I may have to pick up a box of XV - 34.99 for the 2022 version at my local GG.

@Hibs was not a fan of this golf ball :ROFLMAO:😢

I'm team divide as well.

I'm going to put my vote in to get the crazier colors into the z star xv line

Started playing the Z star after the 2 packs went on sale and I really liked the ball. I don’t think I get quite the distance I see with the XV but overall I was very happy with it

I’m in love with the XV Divides. Love the white and yellow split. Great visual, for me, through the air and when putting. They’re just fun. Also, the performance I’m seeing out of them is exactly what I want out of a golf ball. Great distance, plenty of spin, and nice solid feel off the putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall I have been really loving this years z star and z star diamond depending on if I need more spin or not.
The only issue for me is that they are scuffing a little bit easily and thus I am getting sometimes less than one round but usually less than two rounds before needing to replace a ball.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

2023 zstar xv divides are next to get in play. I need to settle on something soon.

I have been playing the diamond all year and am still really happy with them. They feel good everywhere, respond the way I expect and seem as long as other balls I play. There are times when I feel like they get marked up a bit out of bunkers. Has anyone else seen that?

I have been playing the diamond all year and am still really happy with them. They feel good everywhere, respond the way I expect and seem as long as other balls I play. There are times when I feel like they get marked up a bit out of bunkers. Has anyone else seen that?

Not something I have seen thus far but will be something I will be on the lookout for.

finally put some 2023 zstar xv in play this weekend. I'm not sure I like them as much as the old model. hard to put my finger on it. Played fine with them for the most part but they feel softer. had some old model divides still in the bag and it felt a little stronger and straighter in with wind.

Went back the the XV today and I think it’s definitely the right ball for me. I keep wanting to like the Diamond, and it is fantastic off the irons and wedges into greens, but I just lose too many of them off the driver. The XV straightens me out a bit and finds a lot more fairways and still bites into the green nicely.

I'm all Divide, all the time at this point. They are very hard to lose for me - easy to see in the air and easier to see on the ground.
I absolutely love them.

I'm all Divide, all the time at this point. They are very hard to lose for me - easy to see in the air and easier to see on the ground.
hmm, I might have to grab a box of the Xv Divide. I tried the Qstar that was blue and yellow and that was the hardest ball to find ever if it ended up blue side up. Sure was cool watching it fly though.

I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of divides out there. :love:

hmm, I might have to grab a box of the Xv Divide. I tried the Qstar that was blue and yellow and that was the hardest ball to find ever if it ended up blue side up. Sure was cool watching it fly though.

yea that one is not my favorite.

Back