2024 Better You Fitness Thread

It really is always 2 days after.

It's dead here too, but it's spring break week so most people are out of town.

Hex bar deadlifts today were SO much fun. 🤕
Hell no. I can barely lift myself out of my chair. Rest day :cool:

Heavy shoulder workout plus kettlebell swings, jerks, thrusters.

day 3 is always abs and plyo. usually we do abs first, then do as much plyo as we can before i bonk out. he switched it up today, so did a lot more plyo. it SUCKED. side leg extensions, toe touches, walking squats, split leg box jumps, squat shoulder presses, then sled suicides. we did one ab movement and i had to shut it down. was so gassed.

Presses tonight. Worked up to a good hard single. Some back off work. Then bench presses, 6 triples with 45 seconds of rest. Then a beltless set of 5 deadlifts.

Took less than an hour.

I get nothing for this, but I know the owner of The Strength Co and root for them. These are th best t shirts I've worn for training and just wearing. Buy them!

I get nothing for this, but I know the owner of The Strength Co and root for them. These are th best t shirts I've worn for training and just wearing. Buy them!

I'll order some.

I'll order some.
Retired Marine Captain started the company and everything he sells, except for the Brikka Mokka Pot, is made in the US. Very much a worthy company.

Retired Marine Captain started the company and everything he sells, except for the Brikka Mokka Pot, is made in the US. Very much a worthy company.
Im on it!

Switched to U/L split intermediate programming. Today was an upper day.

Bench, Incline bench, Lat pull-down, Tripod row, Bicep curl/Reverse fly superset, Wrist roller.

Lower (mostly leg, @MWard ;)) Day

Squats, Weighted back hyperextensions, Trap bar deadlifts (substituting for the leg machine I don't [yet?] have), Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunches, Standing calf raises.

Going back downstairs after a nature call my legs felt a bit wobbly, so I guess it was effective :D

Lower (mostly leg, @MWard ;)) Day

Squats, Weighted back hyperextensions, Trap bar deadlifts (substituting for the leg machine I don't [yet?] have), Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunches, Standing calf raises.

Going back downstairs after a nature call my legs felt a bit wobbly, so I guess it was effective :D
I went and did arms this morning. Definitely not leg day

I'm fat and out of shape. Tomorrow seems like a really good day to start to tackle this problem. Injuries gonna hold it back in the beginning but maybe they lessen with some hard work and rehab.

My wife an I walked to the gym(4.8 miles round trip) this morning where I got a heavy legs workout in. Afterwards I did 24 miles cycling and my legs and lungs are feeling ready for our Montana ski trip on Saturday. The altitude will still kick my ass but at least I’m feeling strong before the trip.

923065DB-C993-46F9-96CA-68640AB716B5.jpeg

My wife an I walked to the gym(4.8 miles round trip) this morning where I got a heavy legs workout in. Afterwards I did 24 miles cycling and my legs and lungs are feeling ready for our Montana ski trip on Saturday. The altitude will still kick my ass but at least I’m feeling strong before the trip.

View attachment 9249598
Gravel?

My Giant Road bike with another couple neighbors. I haven’t had had time to explore my gravel trail options around here.

Back and Biceps today

Day after St Patrick’s Day workout is always… something. I finished it, but I ain’t proud of it.

Day after St Patrick’s Day workout is always… something. I finished it, but I ain’t proud of it.
I took the latter half of the week off from the gym, with the kids being on Spring Break we did a lot of paddle boarding and what not. My upper back, neck, arms, shoulders are freaking so sore from paddling Thursday-Sunday.

Chest day today, should be interesting.

Good squats. Good set of five at 177.5kg. Then SMOKED a single at 187.5 (which was expected). Then a set of 6 at 140.

Leg day, done.

Starting a new program this week just to try something new. Been very committed to a strength focused Pull, Push, Legs split focusing on gaining strength in the big 3 for the past 2 years or so.

Still going to focus on the big 3 but slightly higher reps and hitting multiple muscle groups a day in order to hit each muscle group multiple times a week. Supposedly will help lead to more muscle gain but we’ll see!

First workout today:
Back Squat 2x5 and 2x8 (I’m used to 3-5 reps so these killed me lol)
Barbell Overhead 3x8
Glute Ham machine 3x10
Helms Row 3x12
Dumbbell Hammer Curt 3x15+
Cable Crunch 3x12

I’ve also been working in some golf focused exercises from FitForGolf into my programming and need to figure out where to fit those into this new one. Kettlebell rotational swings and Rapid Band hits are my favorites despite looking ridiculous 😂

At 67 years old ,,, started water aerobics a month ago 3x a week .... definitely strengthening my core, and helping my balance... Picked up stability at the tee, and actually picked up 15 yards on my drives... (Actually, started because my wife finally wanted off the couch... its really helped her.... she's losing weight and toning up.... and her attitude has greatly improved .... happy about life again)

Chest, tricep accessory, knee guy exercises between sets, med ball throws. Added 10lbs to presses. A very solid hour of work.

I hear that... lost my breath in warmups last night and thought wth? Then I remembered that cigar on Sunday...
A bunch of the guys at the gym I've been going to are training for half or full marathon in 6 weeks. I think they may be taking it easy on us. I finished the workout under an hour and could even stand up afterwards... today I've got some soreness in unexpected places... must have slept funny.

I hadn't slept in 3 days so no workout yesterday. I still feel like I have a hangover from lack of sleep, but I'm going to give it a go this morning at the gym. It's rare for me say this, but I'm really not looking forward to the gym at all today. I just keep telling myself I will feel better after.

I hadn't slept in 3 days so no workout yesterday. I still feel like I have a hangover from lack of sleep, but I'm going to give it a go this morning at the gym. It's rare for me say this, but I'm really not looking forward to the gym at all today. I just keep telling myself I will feel better after.
Thats the worst. I have had days where I don't feel like going but I forced myself. I didn't have a great workout but did feel better afterwards

Back