Overhead presses
Upright row
Raises
Reverse flye
Thrusters
KB swings
Jerks

Today’s gonna be a rough workout after yesterday. Body is sooooorrreee

Anyone here use any gym apps like Fitbod?

I've been using one called Boostcamp. It's ok. Probably paid too much for it, but it does what I want it to (provides a bunch of different workouts and has tracking).

Legs, shoulders, and a little bonus core. Added weight to all but two lifts, which I'll add to next time around.

Yesterday I'm at the lat pulldown machine doing my thing feeling pretty good and this petite looking 5' girl sits down at similar machine next to me. She warms up then proceeds to put 2 45lb plates on each side and do work. I couldn't believe it, I finished my set and went home in shame haha

Yesterday I'm at the lat pulldown machine doing my thing feeling pretty good and this petite looking 5' girl sits down at similar machine next to me. She warms up then proceeds to put 2 45lb plates on each side and do work. I couldn't believe it, I finished my set and went home in shame haha
There's a reason I wouldn't even consider lifting with my son for a second. He tells me his numbers and I'm like, "Oh, that's pretty good!". He can never know the truth.

There's a reason I wouldn't even consider lifting with my son for a second. He tells me his numbers and I'm like, "Oh, that's pretty good!". He can never know the truth.
Oh yeah no way, my son has a 8 pack and doesn't even try.

I was blown away by this girl, I haven't been trying to lift heavy anything but after seeing that I kind of want to haha

Oh yeah no way, my son has a 8 pack and doesn't even try.

I was blown away by this girl, I haven't been trying to lift heavy anything but after seeing that I kind of want to haha
I can’t do it like that anymore. Joints just don’t hold up.

Got to the gym last night and saw the Workout board... a reasonable warmup of two rounds of light bench x 10/8 with 10 sidearm + 10 front arm lifts per each bench set. Mmkay...

Then the main workout was 5 medium weight benches, 10 pushups alternating with 10 each of rows, curls, dips, & ab rollers. x FIVE (5)...

200w.gif

I'm okay at math, so I pretty quickly think... that's 200 pushups. I've done 200 pushups before, with 200 air squats or similar in an hour. All that other stuff, oh, this is gonna suck.
It did. My much more fit partners were even hating the pushups by the end. Getting up off the mat wasn't easy...

I downloaded that app awhile ago but I hate paying for anything like that when you can easily build your own program with a little effort

Woke up this morning and it became clear that this was a needed rest day.

Over 10mi carrying a golf bag, I was gassed and then some. Still gassed feeling.

Apparently pull day meant pull-ups, lots and lots and lots of pull-ups. Then some rows and reverse flys for a little extra fun haha.
We are going to do some pull ups, and then some pull ups, and then some more pull ups! And then to finish, more pull ups!

My back day on Tuesday was rows, followed by rows, then another variation of rows!

So what you are saying is you are ready for some rows? 😂
No more! After my 4th or 5th row movement, I was pondering some Bulgarian split squats just to get away from rows! And you know my love for those!

No more! After my 4th or 5th row movement, I was pondering some Bulgarian split squats just to get away from rows! And you know my love for those!
Damn, when you ponder split squats, that's when you know you are cooked!

My back is so sore already, sleeping is not going to be fun tonight, or just moving tomorrow.

Damn, when you ponder split squats, that's when you know you are cooked!

My back is so sore already, sleeping is not going to be fun tonight, or just moving tomorrow.
I did a different movement for shrugs on Tuesday, and everything in my upper back and neck is freaking miserably sore! Couldnt find a comfortable spot to sleep, and then it was an absolute chore to attempt to roll over!

I did a different movement for shrugs on Tuesday, and everything in my upper back and neck is freaking miserably sore! Couldnt find a comfortable spot to sleep, and then it was an absolute chore to attempt to roll over!
That's been an issue for me lately. You'd think being dead tired you would sleep like a baby. Reality, between post work tension & occasional twitchy spasms, I have a tough time falling asleep. The 2nd night, even more tired seems to be better.

That's been an issue for me lately. You'd think being dead tired you would sleep like a baby. Reality, between post work tension & occasional twitchy spasms, I have a tough time falling asleep. The 2nd night, even more tired seems to be better.
Melatonin to the rescue.

Back