2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Thats the worst. I have had days where I don't feel like going but I forced myself. I didn't have a great workout but did feel better afterwards
That is what I keep telling myself, it might not be the best workout, but I will feel better after. I have already had a cup of coffee and half an energy drink so that should help too, lol.

At 67 years old ,,, started water aerobics a month ago 3x a week .... definitely strengthening my core, and helping my balance... Picked up stability at the tee, and actually picked up 15 yards on my drives... (Actually, started because my wife finally wanted off the couch... its really helped her.... she's losing weight and toning up.... and her attitude has greatly improved .... happy about life again)
Great to hear and it’s amazing how the body responds at any age to whatever increased activity your body can handle. My wife and I are exercising together a lot this winter now that we are in the warm weather in Florida(instead of Minnesota). My wife has a strength trainer she works with twice a week and she is also added Pilates twice a week to our 30+ miles of walking each week. She is fitter than she has been in decades and it’s really making her happy. It’s fun to finally see my wife have the time to exercise every day. I’m cycling again and my cardio is fitter than it has been in years.

Last edited:
I hadn't slept in 3 days so no workout yesterday. I still feel like I have a hangover from lack of sleep, but I'm going to give it a go this morning at the gym. It's rare for me say this, but I'm really not looking forward to the gym at all today. I just keep telling myself I will feel better after.
That was me yesterday, after taking 5 days off for the kids spring break I had no interest in going to the gym after work last night. Butttttt, after I got there and got my workout in I felt great. The Mrs. always reminds me that regardless of motivation, I never regret getting to the gym and getting my workout time in.

That was me yesterday, after taking 5 days off for the kids spring break I had no interest in going to the gym after work last night. Butttttt, after I got there and got my workout in I felt great. The Mrs. always reminds me that regardless of motivation, I never regret getting to the gym and getting my workout time in.
It's so true. I just got back and I am so glad I went, it turned out to be a great workout and I do feel so much better now!

As my exercise has ramped up I am feeling better and sleeping much better as well. I'm still primarily focused on endurance and core strength

Chest day done and then another 12min of cardio. I have a big cardio day tomorrow so I kinda figured it may make sense to take that one slightly easy today.

There was one of those motivational posters at the gym I go to that said " The best workouts are the ones you didn't feel like doing " . Amazing sometimes when you don't feel like going how good you feel during and after.

Upper Day: Seated barbell overhead presses, Chest flies, Lat pull-downs, Pendlay rows, Cable lateral raise/Triceps push-down supersets.

Benches tonight. Single at 132.5kg. 5x5 at 115. Lateral raises and bent over rows, 4x10 each.

Heavy leg day
Squats
Romanian deadlifts
Leg press
Leg curls
Leg extensions
KB swings

Chest day done and then another 12min of cardio. I have a big cardio day tomorrow so I kinda figured it may make sense to take that one slightly easy today.
How big is big?

Back day, aka Rowmania. Some biceps and knees in between. Med balls.
Hit back last night with like 4 variations of rows. So sore this morning, have lately grown to love back day. Did a variation on shurgs as well, Kelso shrugs on a bench. Traps are toasted this morning.

Hit back last night with like 4 variations of rows. So sore this morning, have lately grown to love back day. Did a variation on shurgs as well, Kelso shrugs on a bench. Traps are toasted this morning.
It's one of those weird lifts that feels harder than it is, making me susceptible to going lower than ideal weight.

There was one of those motivational posters at the gym I go to that said " The best workouts are the ones you didn't feel like doing " . Amazing sometimes when you don't feel like going how good you feel during and after.
This exactly. So many times it's been a battle but I feel so good afterwards.. those sessions often feel the most rewarding

Leg day done! The main event was a superset of Hip Thrusters and goblet squats. Four rounds total and the goblet squats went up in reps each round from 8, 10, 12, 20 and the hip thrusters went down each round from 15, 10, 6, 4. First two rounds of goblet squats were with an 80lb weight this time, then 70, then 40 for the last one but that was cheating, that 40 was way too light, even with 20 reps. Thank goodness for the ladies I workout with, they really pushed me on the thrusters, when we got to 4 reps they had the barbell set at 255lbs. I didn't think I could do it but they were there pushing me.

There were other parts of the workout, but that was the big section. I have a feeling I will feel this tomorrow.

Lower Day: Front squats, Romanian deadlifts, Leg extensions, Leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.

Back