2024 Better You Fitness Thread

That's a significant jump on lat raises. I tried to go from 20 lbs to 25 lbs last week and couldnt get more than 2 reps.

That’s one exercise I will never go heavy on. I already have bad shoulder joints, I don’t go above 12 because it just won’t go well.

Shrugs, above head, etc? No problem. Just static raises? Dead.
That's the problem with dumbells. You can't micro load.

Deadlifts tonight. Just fine single at 262.5kg.

View attachment 1000004012.mp4

While that moved as it should, I'm feeling beat up tonight. I need to see how I feel going forward and determine if the programming I have been doing makes sense...

...it probably does because I like hard heavy singles.

Had my fourth session yesterday with my TPI Physical Therapist. Hardest one yet. Series of things either squats or squat related . For whatever reason I got away from doing squats as part of my workout. Got motivated by @GolferGal who posted about Goblet Squats and then @War Eagle and started doing them for every workout. I want to thank you because I was ready for last night . Had I not started when I did I think last night would have been different lol.

Had my fourth session yesterday with my TPI Physical Therapist. Hardest one yet. Series of things either squats or squat related . For whatever reason I got away from doing squats as part of my workout. Got motivated by @GolferGal who posted about Goblet Squats and then @War Eagle and started doing them for every workout. I want to thank you because I was ready for last night . Had I not started when I did I think last night would have been different lol.
Goblet Squats = (y)
Bulgarian Split Squats = (n)

Goblet Squats = (y)
Bulgarian Split Squats = (n)
!st time I ever heard of Bulgarian Split squats was 15 mins ago. Had bookmarked an X thread where a guy goes through abut 10 exercises one of them being bulgarian split squats (yeh not a fan either but will keep at them :D ) .Since March 1st I got rid of bread and drinking Coke and have lost about 10 -11 pds. Also this month have been doing chair yoga and stretching. Just trying to get rid of pain in lower back. Sunday I can go back to bread and Coke but will try to limit those and ramp up the other exercises.

!st time I ever heard of Bulgarian Split squats was 15 mins ago. Had bookmarked an X thread where a guy goes through abut 10 exercises one of them being bulgarian split squats (yeh not a fan either but will keep at them :D ) .Since March 1st I got rid of bread and drinking Coke and have lost about 10 -11 pds. Also this month have been doing chair yoga and stretching. Just trying to get rid of pain in lower back. Sunday I can go back to bread and Coke but will try to limit those and ramp up the other exercises.
I give the split squats a ton of grief, but they are super freaking effective. If you give them a go, def do it with a drop set on weight, I find it to be not as miserable and definitely adds more of a cardio to the final set of just doing body weight.

Then two days later, you will hate all of us.

I give the split squats a ton of grief, but they are super freaking effective. If you give them a go, def do it with a drop set on weight, I find it to be not as miserable and definitely adds more of a cardio to the final set of just doing body weight.

Then two days later, you will hate all of us.
It's so true!

My workouts have been so good lately but I cannot get my eating under control the last few days, I am just so damn hungry. I need to get a hold of that.

God it is about time I start posting in here again - Done making excuses - My new job has come with a TON of stress, but I am re-committed to getting my butt back in the gym.

Today I hit Chest / Shoulders / Triceps

Barbell Bench
Incline Dumbbell Bench
Chest Flies
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pushdowns

Then finished up with a little Incline Treadmill walking

All this leg talk… completely travesty.

Back day today. I assure you, there will be zero mention or implication of a leg workout from me.

A successful back day complete. Today was a good day ladies and gents

A successful back day complete. Today was a good day ladies and gents
I shall join you in back day this evening. Has quickly turned in to one of my favorite days at the gym. I used to loathe back day.

Row, row, row some mo'.

I shall join you in back day this evening. Has quickly turned in to one of my favorite days at the gym. I used to loathe back day.

Row, row, row some mo'.
I did 5 different row exercises. Officially rowed out

I plan on doing some rows tonight. Just one type for a few sets.

Another dry needling session today-this time more on my lat muscle then lower back. Wasn't bad at all. Let's see if it helps.

Good session tonight. Presses, bench presses, and then rows.

Heavy leg day. PR on squat at 5 reps. Never do less reps as I don’t have spotter

Upper Day: DB overhead presses, Chest flies, Lat pull-downs, Pendlay rows, Face pull/Skull crusher supersets, Wrist rotations.

Really feeling it in my shoulders and upper back :)

Chest day on a Thursday? Don’t mind if I do!

Back