2024 Better You Fitness Thread

No more! After my 4th or 5th row movement, I was pondering some Bulgarian split squats just to get away from rows! And you know my love for those!
How about Bulgarian Split Rows. You squat down, row, then go back up. Then you do a burpee because you’ve just given up your idea of happiness?

How about Bulgarian Split Rows. You squat down, row, then go back up. Then you do a burpee because you’ve just given up your idea of happiness?
What's wrong with you? Dont even speak that kind of stuff in to existence!

What's wrong with you? Dont even speak that kind of stuff in to existence!
If you were a real gym bro you’d do it….

Spoiler
Or just do anything upper body idk

If you were a real gym bro you’d do it….

Spoiler
Or just do anything upper body idk
Shoulders and chest day it is!

First workout at the Y this morning. Started with about 20 minutes on a recumbant elliptical to get the blood flowing. Then into a z45 minute functional strength training Silver Sneakers class.

I knew I am out of shape but Oh. My. God!!! What an eye-opener that was. I am a bit sore tonight!

I know this is going to do a lot of good for my overall health and fitness, and for my golf game as well. Personal training starts next Tuesday.

Last night was a battle but got through the workout. Planning to go get cardio after this next meeting

Upper Day: Benches, Incline Benches, Lat pull-downs, Tripod rows, Incline DB curl/Reverse fly supersets, Wrist rollers.

It's a bit disappointing not being able to make much in the way of gains, but I guess that's what you get on a calorie deficit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rough back day today. Finished all up with no issue, then my back spasmed and locked up on the left side. It didn’t let go for almost 2hrs and was just a pulsating awful kinda pain :(

If you're in Charleston, South Carolina go see my friend Cameron.

Back and biceps today. I feel like I am breaking through a plateau strength wise.

Any of you guys jump rope?

I recently noticed that Rory jumps rope and it made some good sense to me so I’ve added it in to my schedule and really liking it. Calves burned a few days after my first sesh.

I recently noticed that Rory jumps rope and it made some good sense to me so I’ve added it in to my schedule and really liking it. Calves burned a few days after my first sesh.
Yup. Just another conditioning modality. It works really well as a TABATA or in a density block.

I have in the past it’s fantastic, now I just watch people do it as I scroll instagram 🤣

I’m too paranoid to not either hit myself in the shins, or somehow trip and fall on my face.

I’m too paranoid to not either hit myself in the shins, or somehow trip and fall on my face.
Just need to get a shorter rope 😜

I’m happy to admit that it took me a bit to figure it out. It must have been funny watching me over jump on every pass! 😆

Just need to get a shorter rope 😜
Definitely the correct length rope for sure. I’ve just never been great at jumping rope, plus I’m pretty lazy

Lower Day: Squats, Weighted back hyperextensions, Trap bar deadlifts, Prone leg curls, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.

That atop a couple sessions of swing training and I'm pretty tired & sore.

Pulled a muscle in my back/neck while doing lateral raises last week. Added 10lbs, was really fighting the last few reps of my last set, and felt the exact moment it happened. Getting old is easily my least favorite thing about the human experience. Still very stiff. Had to cancel a golf lesson. Hoping for a miracle by tomorrow so I can get my lift in.

I can say that getting up at 4:30 in the morning isn't any fun, but after my workout I feel really good and energized to get my day going.

Pulled a muscle in my back/neck while doing lateral raises last week. Added 10lbs, was really fighting the last few reps of my last set, and felt the exact moment it happened. Getting old is easily my least favorite thing about the human experience. Still very stiff. Had to cancel a golf lesson. Hoping for a miracle by tomorrow so I can get my lift in.
Golf ball on the muscle, find a wall that you can use for leverage.. May your torture fest be brief.

Golf ball on the muscle, find a wall that you can use for leverage.. May your torture fest be brief.
I've leaned towards the percussion massager. That sounds terrible lol

That's a significant jump on lat raises. I tried to go from 20 lbs to 25 lbs last week and couldnt get more than 2 reps.

Just into kettlebells the last 6 weeks or so. Just got a 28kg for 2 hand swings. Stick to the 20kg for one hand swings and other things I don't want to get hurt doing.

That's a significant jump on lat raises. I tried to go from 20 lbs to 25 lbs last week and couldnt get more than 2 reps.
That’s one exercise I will never go heavy on. I already have bad shoulder joints, I don’t go above 12 because it just won’t go well.

Shrugs, above head, etc? No problem. Just static raises? Dead.

Back