2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Swole is the goal, size is the prize
Careful. If you get too big, more people will ask you to help them move.

Yesterday was a lower day: Front squats, Romanian deadlifts, Leg extension/curl supersets, Decline ab crunch/Standing calf raise supersets.

Very leg-intensive :)

Careful. If you get too big, more people will ask you to help them move.
See when you skip legs, you can always come back with “you need strong legs for moving. Lift with your knees not your back remember? I’m of no help at all!”

Why the hell are any of the Twilight movies on at the gym right now? Effin amateur hour

Push day done. Making progress on bench press

Upper day: Benches, Incline benches, Lat pull-downs, Barbell rows, Incline DB curl/Reverse fly supersets.

Benches have been stuck for a while, so I threw in four drop set benches at the end of my workout.

Push day done. Making progress on bench press
I’ve been going heavier and heavier on dumbbell bench. Finally got a set in with the 100s. Only got 3 reps, but first time I’ve completed a rep with them.

Did leg day on Wednesday and still sore, this is why I skip leg day 😩🤣

I've said it 1,000 times. It's Day 2 and Day 3 post leg day that is the worst. Ruins your entire day.

I've said it 1,000 times. It's Day 2 and Day 3 post leg day that is the worst. Ruins your entire day.
Or week in this case. Also I’m convinced my legs will never grow no matter what I do so why bother 😂

Or week in this case. Also I’m convinced my legs will never grow no matter what I do so why bother 😂
Im so on/off on doing leg day. Consistent for a few weeks, then take a few months off.

Usually I give you guys stick about getting so sore and skipping leg day...

...but I tweaked my back on Monday during my deadlifts.

I've been hobbling all week.

Thursday was devilish workout. Five kettlebell lift type exercises with 10 yards of lunges between each (so 40 yards total) drop the kb, do 20 v-ups then a 20 yard prowler push, down and back times four rounds. It was just 2 of us, most were out on spring break? My buddy crushed it in 38 minutes, then cheered me on to finish about 10 minutes later. I was wobbly on lunges after two rounds so went down a weight. My buddy crushed it with waay more weight than me.
He was texting me how sore he was y'day. I wasn't bad, but good grief today it caught up with me.

I am in a serious funk and need to find a way out of the rut. I need to get back out to working out on a daily basis but traveling just takes me out of my groove.

Why the hell are any of the Twilight movies on at the gym right now? Effin amateur hour
Days late on this, but, how much did this motivate you? Dont lie!

Also, today is back day and I feel like gettin after it

Back