I really don't know if want some thing that large sticking out of my golf bag haha but I found it very easy to align and since my putting woes were brought to light for everyone to see its under consideration. I'll probably go roll them a few more times before deciding.
You get used to it.

How long is that one?

I really don't know if want some thing that large sticking out of my golf bag haha but I found it very easy to align and since my putting woes were brought to light for everyone to see its under consideration. I'll probably go roll them a few more times before deciding.
Is that the RS or the standard Agera.

Based solely off pictures so far, the Agera RS could be a sleeper to at least try. The look of this I think is light years (or dark if we want to continue the dark theme) better than previous iterations.

what about it has been appealing? and have you given thought of how to grip it? that was one of the questions I had when rolling it, figuring out how keep consistent with hand placement
I found it very easy to align being taller like that. As far as hand placement it would probably take some getting used to and some experimenting but I was gripping it about where the Super Stroke logo is like I would on a normal putter. I'm thinking thats what makes the most sense but reality is you can probably grip it wherever you want.
You get used to it.

How long is that one?
Its 38"
Is that the RS or the standard Agera.

Based solely off pictures so far, the Agera RS could be a sleeper to at least try. The look of this I think is light years (or dark if we want to continue the dark theme) better than previous iterations.
Standard Agera head on that model and its the only CB version available. I did like the Agera RS as well in the standard length.

I found it very easy to align being taller like that. As far as hand placement it would probably take some getting used to and some experimenting but I was gripping it about where the Super Stroke logo is like I would on a normal putter. I'm thinking thats what makes the most sense but reality is you can probably grip it wherever you want.

Its 38"

Standard Agera head on that model and its the only CB version available. I did like the Agera RS as well in the standard length.
The RS is intriguing.

The RS is intriguing.
I agree. I LOVE that there are major differences between the two lines this year and options. I also am a big fan of the grip change this year too

I agree. I LOVE that there are major differences between the two lines this year and options. I also am a big fan of the grip change this year too
I have the Grandsport from last year. I absolutely love how the ball rolls off the face. I'm interested in trying other models. Last year, I didn't have a chance to see any of the models before selection, so I went with my preferred hosel and a blade. I want to try a mallet but I have struggled in the past with any of the bigger ones. I'm going to be patient and take some time but I'm definitely going to have a Cobra putter in the bag again in '24.

Suprisingly I really liked this putter. Would take some getting used to but its in the running to make the bag this year...if nothing else could be a fun experiment.

View attachment 9245224
This was one I actually got to try in right hand setup, I don't think this is for me, couldn't get comfortable with the longer length and where to place my hands.

Man, after another go I’m a little curious in a counterbalance

Also, I think Cobra hit a home run with giving two different feels pending what you are looking for.

Had some time to kill today and went and rolled these again. I’m actually now between Agera RS and CB Agera I think. Also decided I think I prefer the harder feeling insert. Maybe it’s ball dependent and these MaxFli balls were too soft at the store but I didn’t love the Vintage line today from a feel perspective.

I will say that I really noticed the alignment lines of the whole putter today. Really impressed with the changes Cobra made as a whole

Had some time to kill today and went and rolled these again. I’m actually now between Agera RS and CB Agera I think. Also decided I think I prefer the harder feeling insert. Maybe it’s ball dependent and these MaxFli balls were too soft at the store but I didn’t love the Vintage line today from a feel perspective.

I will say that I really noticed the alignment lines of the whole putter today. Really impressed with the changes Cobra made as a whole
May be worth another roll with your preferred ball. Over the weekend I was leaning Vintage when I had my preferred golf ball. Today with the Maxfli balls the vintage insert felt too mushy and I was preferring the 3D line.

May be worth another roll with your preferred ball. Over the weekend I was leaning Vintage when I had my preferred golf ball. Today with the Maxfli balls the vintage insert felt too mushy and I was preferring the 3D line.
Yeah I didn’t think is was that soft last time with Srixon balls. That being said the alignment of the Agera and RS really seem to work for my eyes…in the store anyway haha. With the CB version I really feel like my hands are out of the stroke and that’s a good thing. It doesn’t feel all awkward like the wrist lock haha

Pic of new Agera vs OG

Clearly they are the same size but The anesthetic improvements are significant
IMG_5661.jpeg

Yeah I didn’t think is was that soft last time with Srixon balls. That being said the alignment of the Agera and RS really seem to work for my eyes…in the store anyway haha. With the CB version I really feel like my hands are out of the stroke and that’s a good thing. It doesn’t feel all awkward like the wrist lock haha
Wrist and arm lock feels so awkward!

Glad the alignment is working for you on the Agera versions. I liked it over the weekend but found it a little busy/long today. More testing needed.

I do like the limited edition potential of the carbon tops though for sure.

Pic of new Agera vs OG

View attachment 9245295
Huge improvement visually IMO on the Agera. I'm all in on the Edel right now, but if I wasn't I'd definitely be giving this one a look. It'll still get rolled the next time I'm up at PGATSS.

Pic of new Agera vs OG

View attachment 9245295
That is a great side by side pic. I will want to see in person but one of the reasons I am even considering an Agera this year. Really did a good job on the visual. One more option that makes it that much harder to choose one.

These may be the purest rolling putters on the market
Every time I roll one in the store I’m more tempted to make the purchase.

Had some success finding a few of the new Cobra putters. Was able to try out the Agera RS, Supernova, Vintage Nova, and widesport vintage. Definitely prefer the mallets to the widesport, it’s just what I’m used to. Vintage insert definitely feels softer. Aluminum insert on the Agera felt clicker. Loved the size of the Agera RS very similar to the vintage Nova. Got a comparison picture to the Agera Black:

IMG_1138.jpeg
Agera Black on the bottom is significantly bigger to me.

Agera RS and Vintage Nova:
IMG_1139.jpeg

Very similar in size. Agera RS gives more of a click while putting. Could be very happy with either but prefer the softer feel of the Vintage NOVA Pebax insert. Want to see the Vintage Stingray in person as I feel that could be what I end up in from a feel and looks combo.

Rolled most of the new heads today. CB wasn't available, but the armlock Agera was.

Mostly 2-3m puts but also 7-10m lag puts.
IMG_20240303_125532.jpg

My first impressions on the heads:

Overall the new lineup and the DLT faces are great. Not a bad one in the entire line. The roll is so pure from the start. Missing intentionally on the toe or heel side was still rewarded with a good direction and speed. I also like the grips they chose this year.

Of the inserts, I initially liked the more muted sound of the Vintages more, but with the new Chrome Soft, the 3D line is almost better sounding and feeling for me.

Agera: A huge improvement on the previous model imo! Easier to control speed, sets up nicely and stays on lane great. Still a bit heavy for my taste, but just by a hair. Armlock wasn't for me.

Agera RS: Man! There's something here. Lag puts were really good, speed control was fantastic and up close it's pretty automatic. I could game this right now. And look how well it lines up with the 360 TT
IMG_20240303_133442.jpg

This was three balls from 7m. Coming from the left, so all were exactly online.
IMG_20240303_134217.jpg

Supernova: Almost as good as the Agera RS for me. I quite like the weight placement and it has a unique feel I could easily get used to. Feels solid and controllable.

Vintage Cuda: My second favourite of them all. It was nicely balanced and only maybe loses to the Agera RS in alignment to my eyes.

Nova: Surprisingly good! Enjoyable, light (in comparison) and easy to align.

Widesport: The most surprising one for me. I'm not a blade putter guy, but this crossover was almost automatic from under 2m. Couldn't quite keep it in line as well from longer out, but a really good option.

The rest were a bit less heart pumping for me. But as I said, no bad ones, only good, better and great options!

My choice right now would be the Agera RS.

Rolled most of the new heads today. CB wasn't available, but the armlock Agera was.

View attachment 9246120

Overall the new lineup and the DLT faces are great. Not a bad one in the entire line. The roll is so pure from the start. Missing intentionally on the toe or heel side was still rewarded with a good direction and speed. I also like the grips they chose this year.

Of the inserts, I initially liked the more muted sound of the Vintages more, but with the new Chrome Soft, the 3D line is almost better sounding and feeling for me.

Agera: A huge improvement on the previous model imo! Easier to control speed, sets up nicely and stays on lane great. Still a bit heavy for my taste, but just by a hair. Armlock wasn't for me.

Agera RS: Man! There's something here. Lag puts were really good, speed control was fantastic and up close it's pretty automatic. I could game this right now. And look how well it lines up with the 360 TT
View attachment 9246121

View attachment 9246122

Supernova: Almost as good as the Agera RS for me. I quite like the weight placement and it has a unique feel I could easily get used to. Feels solid and controllable.

Vintage Cuda: My second favourite of them all. It was nicely balanced and only maybe loses to the Agera RS in alignment to my eyes.

Widesport: The most surprising one for me. I'm not a blade putter guy, but this crossover was almost automatic from under 2m. Couldn't quite keep it in line as well from longer out, but a really good option.

The rest were a bit less heart pumping for me. But as I said, no bad ones, only good, better and great options!

Great stuff I agree the Agera RS is really good. Not something I was expecting to like to be honest but I do.

Question though what’s a 7m putt? 🤣

View attachment 9246120

View attachment 9246121

View attachment 9246122

Sweet! Looks like you had access to a really good number of the 2024 releases.
Agera RS is coming up again as not just a solid but standout option!

Great stuff I agree the Agera RS is really good. Not something I was expecting to like to be honest but I do.

Question though what’s a 7m putt? 🤣
It's one of those length units that the rest of the world uses instead of the arbituary ones that you rely on 😉

Screenshot_20240303-172133.jpg

Sweet! Looks like you had access to a really good number of the 2024 releases.
Agera RS is coming up again as not just a solid but standout option!
It was so good :love:

I liked the previous Agera, but couldn't deal with the weight. The RS is everything that I wanted changed

Last edited:
I’m really liking the roll of the sport 60, but I’m having a hard time with speed control with it. Going to try some heavier weights I think. I will say the ball just comes off rolling. It pretty impressive

Back