Yep, run it to the register, put it in the bag now!
True story after that putt I immediately grabbed my Avant shoe box and hauled ass to the register. So I wouldn't impulse buy it. They are really good though. I just need time to think.

I was getting some looks today rolling these 20 footers in or next to the hole with the new line + CS 360 TT. The combo just works.

I see a lot of opportunities for lag putting with how easy speed control feels on the new lineup. I'd say it also owes a lot to the DLT starting the roll so pure.

see a lot of opportunities for lag putting with how easy speed control feels on the new lineup. I'd say it also owes a lot to the DLT starting the roll so pure.
💯 agree with this. I admit, I was skeptical at first, but it really does work.

💯 agree with this. I admit, I was skeptical at first, but it really does work.
With how you putt I think it would really shine for you, fwiw.

If anyone is able to see a widesport in the wild, could you get a photo of the ball at address?

With how you putt I think it would really shine for you, fwiw.
It does really well with my putting stroke. I mentioned earlier it takes the slight forward press I have with OMOI 4 out of the equation.

It’s a little different and something new I’d need to get used to in my rebuilt putting stroke. But, it’s been rolling the ball so nice every time I’ve had the opportunity to mess around with it.

It’s super tough and still such a heavy ponder. I’m rolling the ball better than I ever have right now. BUT….. we all want to squeeze more juice right? Maybe cobra can help squeeze a few more drops.

If anyone is able to see a widesport in the wild, could you get a photo of the ball at address?
I haven’t yet. If I do see one this week (I’ll be stopping in at my local golf store), I’ll post a photo.

I haven’t yet. If I do see one this week (I’ll be stopping in at my local golf store), I’ll post a photo.
Much appreciated

I rolled it, but was stupid and didn't take a photo of it.

I rolled it, but was stupid and didn't take a photo of it.
No worries. I just want to know if it’s the exact same footprint as the prior or if they tweaked the heel to toe blade length

No worries. I just want to know if it’s the exact same footprint as the prior or if they tweaked the heel to toe blade length
Can't really help with that as I never tried the previous version. Sorry my man.

But I can say, that I was surprised by how stable it felt. The weights and the shape are really good.

Can't really help with that as I never tried the previous version. Sorry my man.

But I can say, that I was surprised by how stable it felt. The weights and the shape are really good.
I just called Cobra and the rep is going to ask my question to the product team. Hopefully I hear back shortly…

I just called Cobra and the rep is going to ask my question to the product team. Hopefully I hear back shortly…
Man talk about impatient 🤣

Man talk about impatient 🤣
Partially yes, but partially from my history with last release. I couldn’t find a widesport locally for whatever reason. It’s been the same story this go. All the other models are findable around me in shops expect the widesport 🤷‍♂️

Also, for those curious, the sales rep confirmed that the heel to toe length for the widesport was the same for this model and the prior model. Great customer service!

IMG_2056.jpeg

@Scooby45 I know you got an answer but here’s a photo of new Widesport,

Partially yes, but partially from my history with last release. I couldn’t find a widesport locally for whatever reason. It’s been the same story this go. All the other models are findable around me in shops expect the widesport 🤷‍♂️

Also, for those curious, the sales rep confirmed that the heel to toe length for the widesport was the same for this model and the prior model. Great customer service!
Surveillance video of @Scooby45 at the front door of Cobra/Puma HQ in Cali
1709750060245.gif

In the limited time I had yesterday, I really liked the feel of the Widesport. I also like the look of the putter behind the ball

Definitely would want to give these a roll and see how the insert feels. I kinda like that a lot of brands are offering a wide variety (even if theyre similar) of head shapes

Finally got out to a few stores and got my carnie hands on the new putters. These look so good in person. Like someone had said previously, more refined.

The Agera RS was sneaking up my list based on pictures from all of you but it may have catapulted into pole position after getting to see it in person and roll some with it. I think Cobra did an amazing job with this years Agera to include the RS. I tested a lot of off center hits with the 3d mallets and the forgiveness was all there. Realistically I would hope I never actually strike that bad heel or toe, but for science 🤣

In the mallets the pebax insert in the vintage line is considerably softer. I like that feeling vs the 3ds insert. However I dont think I like it enough to overcome how much better the 3d line is overall to me. Noticeable when I compare the inserts directly but if I put the vintage line away and just putt using the 3ds, I forgot the feeling of the pebax pretty quickly. The force works well on the weak minded.

Agera, supernova, agera rs. Rs is quite compact and smaller front to back compared to supernova. I dig the 3 bar alignment.
IMG_1575.jpeg

Rs, stingray. If not for the pebax insert making me think twice the 3d line is so well done this year. 180 from how I felt about the two lines last year.
IMG_1577.jpeg

Found the Stingray in stores and I really like it. Pebax insert feels great, really like the shape and how it presented behind the ball.
IMG_1143.jpeg

Found the somewhat elusive Vintage Widesport and was able to roll some alongside the 3D Grandsport. These are nearly identical in size. Plumbers neck in the Grandsport vs single bend in the widesport. 3D version of the Grandsport looks really really good. Less in your face with the 3D lattice outwardly eexposed everywhere. Interesting thing is that the pebax vs regular insert in these wide blades were much more difficult to differentiate. Ever so slight. Different feeling was much more noticeable in the mallets. If someone has the opportunity to roll the two let me know if it is just me.

I am not totally eliminating these two from the realm of possible for the putter slot but I need the forgiveness of the mallet especially on longer putts. Someone will definitely love these though!
IMG_1578.jpeg

Back