Based solely on the pictures here and having had the original Supernova in play since it came out I ordered a new one through our golf pro, he said he put some cool touches on it and I should have it in hand pretty soon. It looks a lot better than the original and I'm super excited to put it in the bag.

Found the somewhat elusive Vintage Widesport and was able to roll some alongside the 3D Grandsport. These are nearly identical in size. Plumbers neck in the Grandsport vs single bend in the widesport. 3D version of the Grandsport looks really really good. Less in your face with the 3D lattice outwardly eexposed everywhere. Interesting thing is that the pebax vs regular insert in these wide blades were much more difficult to differentiate. Ever so slight. Different feeling was much more noticeable in the mallets. If someone has the opportunity to roll the two let me know if it is just me.

I am not totally eliminating these two from the realm of possible for the putter slot but I need the forgiveness of the mallet especially on longer putts. Someone will definitely love these though!
View attachment 9247668
the elusive widesport!!!

Based solely on the pictures here and having had the original Supernova in play since it came out I ordered a new one through our golf pro, he said he put some cool touches on it and I should have it in hand pretty soon. It looks a lot better than the original and I'm super excited to put it in the bag.
Agree. Big improvement on the aesthetics of the Supernova this release. Strong contender for my bag this season.

I was looking at them last night and had the same thought. Hopefully the more traditional looks sways more golfers to put them in the bag

Agree. Big improvement on the aesthetics of the Supernova this release. Strong contender for my bag this season.
I also like the smaller Agera that you were talking about earlier but, I know this is a laziness factor, but being able to scoop up the ball with the putter is just a nice feature that I choose not to live without. If it weren't for that I would likely have taken a closer look.

I also like the smaller Agera that you were talking about earlier but, I know this is a laziness factor, but being able to scoop up the ball with the putter is just a nice feature that I choose not to live without. If it weren't for that I would likely have taken a closer look.
It’s a valid requirement 🤣

Rolled them again some and think I’m down to the Vintage line, unless the Agera RS gets a special edition treatment I can’t say no to. It will either be the Stingray or the Widesport

I know what you mean! I do that all the time with my current putter and will be sad to lose it if I go Agera RS.

Got the sport 60 out for 9 this morning, love the roll this putts on the ball. Speed is still a little bit of an issue but I’m getting used to it.

Got the sport 60 out for 9 this morning, love the roll this putts on the ball. Speed is still a little bit of an issue but I’m getting used to it.
Soft feel you think?

Soft feel you think?
It’s a softer feel then my Seemore I usually roll. Seems like it’s “hotter” for a lack of better term. But that could be its skidding less and rolling more. Trying not to over think it too much lol

Rolled them again some and think I’m down to the Vintage line, unless the Agera RS gets a special edition treatment I can’t say no to. It will either be the Stingray or the Widesport
You found a widesport!?!

You found a widesport!?!
Not yet… 😢

But I have work travels the next few weeks to a pair of locals with golf shops. Hunting will be had!

Picked up a new Widesport today. Local shop had a 50% additional trade in value this weekend. Traded in 3 clubs that I haven't used in a couple of years and walked out with a Widesport and had some shop credit left for some golf balls.

Picked up a new Widesport today. Local shop had a 50% additional trade in value this weekend. Traded in 3 clubs that I haven't used in a couple of years and walked out with a Widesport and had some shop credit left for some golf balls.
Pics?

Stingray I've seen or widesport I haven't....

Stingray I've seen or widesport I haven't....
Carls had a widesport I had photos of it earlier in the thread. Whether its still there or not I'm not sure.

Carls had a widesport I had photos of it earlier in the thread. Whether its still there or not I'm not sure.
Ypsi location?

I'm torn. On one hand I want it there, but I know how good these putters are so I kinda hope it's in hand of somebody.

Ypsi location?

I'm torn. On one hand I want it there, but I know how good these putters are so I kinda hope it's in hand of somebody.
f**k no, you think I'm driving way the hell over there?

f**k no, you think I'm driving way the hell over there?
whoops, got my stores mixed, and guessing by the reaction I think I know which of the two Carl's locations you went to. I'll likely swing by Wednesday night.

Ypsi location?

I'll post a couple pictures of the Widesport when I'm home tonight.

Just getting a half hour of practice indoors last night on my putting mat, I've decided that the Widesport is going to be my gamer this season.

Just getting a half hour of practice indoors last night on my putting mat, I've decided that the Widesport is going to be my gamer this season.
Comparing to the prior Grandsport only or did it best others as well?

whoops, got my stores mixed, and guessing by the reaction I think I know which of the two Carl's locations you went to. I'll likely swing by Wednesday night.
Let me know when you are around maybe I'll meet up with you. The weather has changed again so golf is likely out of the question though haha

Back