Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Interesting thoughts Spank about how a person might transition from a players "looking" club with the thin top line to a more forgiving club like the Adams. There are many players out there as they get a bit older or their vanity leaves them they will gain forgiveness with these type clubs. Dawgdaddy I loved the play by play with your videos and looks like you are getting some solid ball contact with these clubs for sure! I look forward to playing with you this afternoon and I bet KellyBo sneaks one out of your bag for a test ride lol.... Adams looks like they have brought a contender with the A12OS version that many golfers looking for some help to better their skills will enjoy. I have thought about going with graphite shafts the next set I go with. I will be watching these reviews closely for the testers who choose this shaft for their thoughts.

Interesting thoughts about Spank about how a person might transition from a players "looking" club with the thin top line to a more forgiving club like the Adams. There are many players out there as they get a bit older or their vanity leaves them they will gain forgiveness with these type clubs. Dawgdaddy I loved the play by play with your videos and looks like you are getting some solid ball contact with these clubs for sure! I look forward to playing with you this afternoon and I bet KellyBo sneaks one out of your bag for a test ride lol.... Adams looks like they have brought a contender with the A12OS version that many golfers looking for some help to better their skills will enjoy. I have thought about going with graphite shafts the next set I go with. I will be watching these reviews closely for the testers who choose this shaft for their thoughts.

I have Stiff Graphite Shafts Gray.

Hey Due,

I play steel shafts in my Razr X's which run around 105 grams and I'm thinking these graphites are much lighter. I adapted very quickly and honestly didn't think of it after the first couple holes. A huge benefit other than being pain free, is even when I got tired as the round wore on, my iron game didn't suffer. I really think the lighter shaft will prove benefitial. I didn't make any adjustments on my swing.

Thanks for the input Yoccos. I play steel in my iron's now and graphite just in the hybrids and up, but pretty curious how these hybrids feel compared to others weight wise. All I know at this point is that I'm getting steel shafts, but I would guess the three full hybrids will come with graphite, or at least I hope.

I have Stiff Graphite Shafts Gray.

Ball flight is one thing that would concern me with graphite. I would be concerned with a balloon type effect however if the graphite shafts on these clubs keep the ball similar with flight patterns of a steel shaft, it would definitely peak my interest?

Thanks for the input Yoccos. I play steel in my iron's now and graphite just in the hybrids and up, but pretty curious how these hybrids feel compared to others weight wise. All I know at this point is that I'm getting steel shafts, but I would guess the three full hybrids will come with graphite, or at least I hope.

They should :) Spank had a steel set and the hybrids had the prolaunch blue. I've been looking at other Adams sets prior to getting chosen and I noticed even with steel irons, the hybrids had graphite shafts usually. I really liked having all the irons and hybrids with the same shaft, truly put the "swing the hybrid like an iron" in a new light because they had the same shaft.

Ball flight is one thing that would concern me with graphite. I would be concerned with a balloon type effect however if the graphite shafts on these clubs keep the ball similar with flight patterns of a steel shaft, it would definitely peak my interest?

I hit some balls with them this weekend OG and did not see that result at all. I was pretty taken aback by how well they worked. Definitely liked what I saw.

From my initial couple rounds Gray, I didn't see any ballooning at all. Even with a high launch graphite shaft. I played a flighted shaft in the Razr X's which keeps the scoring irons lower in flight and to be honest, I didn't notice a difference with Adams. A launch monitor would be needed to confirm, but I like the Aaron Baddaley (spelling?) approach at times. The old get out and hit it.

Obviously, Ill need more time long term but initial results surprised me. I had the same concerns.

They should :) Spank had a steel set and the hybrids had the prolaunch blue. I've been looking at other Adams sets prior to getting chosen and I noticed even with steel irons, the hybrids had graphite shafts usually. I really liked having all the irons and hybrids with the same shaft, truly put the "swing the hybrid like an iron" in a new light because they had the same shaft.

Great point about the same shaft, I'll be very interested to see how different the steel feels on the iron side and where the graphite ends and steel begins in this set. As OG just mentioned I tend to balloon graphites a bit more, but may be a product of needing a stiffer flex?

Tap,Tap,Tap

I type too slow, you guys already answered it, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Great point about the same shaft, I'll be very interested to see how different the steel feels on the iron side and where the graphite ends and steel begins in this set. As OG just mentioned I tend to balloon graphites a bit more, but may be a product of needing a stiffer flex?

Tap,Tap,Tap

That possible Due. Could be too much spin with the shaft or just a bad fit swing/shaft wise.

That was a pretty big concern in the back of my mind. Last time on a monitor my SS was 91 with a 6i and i wasn't quite sure how these would hold up. They held up and them some. I also think at times, we see a high ballflight and maybe assume ballooning? Ive been learning what I thought was high/ballooning is not at all.

Tap,Tap,Tap

If these irons provide a good trajectory with equal or even more distance then they will peak a lot of folks interest. Add in some forgiveness and you got a winner!

Wow, great pics and feedback so far everyone!! I am really enjoing this thread. These type of irons dont interest me, but.....you all are dragging me in! haha

DD...great videos buddy!!! Thanks for the shout out. It looks to me like these are working well for you so far.

Yoccos, how does the offset compare to the RX's?

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

Yoccos, how does the offset compare to the RX's?

One thing I kept saying to JB all weekend was how well these set up at address. I'll need some side by sides but for some reason, these irons just looked smaller to me. Maybe its the extra size in the back but they just gave the illusion of being smaller. I cannot wait for them to arrive and Ill see them next to each other. The reason i mentioned that is I didn't notice the offset really. The RX's its there at times but these just felt and looked nuetral. My eyes could be deceiving me.

I don't remember the a30S being overly offset, but it's been awhile.

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

I am going to quote this to make sure everyone sees it.

Good initial videos DD. My whole set is going to be graphite, but I just assumed that even in the steel shaft irons that the shafts in the hybrids would be graphite.

Hey all! I played about 50 holes with the Adams A12os this weekend and have some initial thoughts I wanted to share. I’ll have my clubs by the end of the week for some unboxing vids and pictures. I cannot wait!

Looks:The red and black coloring along with the overall design really work well with these irons. You really don’t notice the extra size (if there truly is any) and it really helps give the appearance of a smaller iron head. Not sure what the graphics on the shaft will be but I really like the looks compared to the A7os’s.

Shaft:Prolaunch blue in all clubs and I couldn’t be any happier. Great ballflight that was penetrating, high and they landed soft. Best part, no pain!!!!! Almost 50 holes, no elbow band and I was pain free.

Hybrids (4.5.6):These are extremely easy to hit. The velocity slot technology is present on both the top and bottom of the club. I actually found it quite tough to keep the slot on the bottom clean during the early morning as the grass was still wet. Even with a spotless swing towel it took quite a bit of work to keep clean.

They had a real nice high ballflight that did not balloon at all. Distance wise they seemed a little bit shorter than my current hybrids but keep in mind, I put these into play immediately. As the weekend passed, my distances started creeping up.

Irons: (7,8, 9, PW, AW)Very easy to hit. I missed a bit on the toe (maybe a little adjustment is needed) but these irons still flew straight. I lost some yards on mishits but it wasn’t much. This weekend was more about getting to know the clubs rather than specifics so its why I don’t have many numbers.

I had a problem previously with hitting my 8i and down too high. I went to a flighted shaft with my Razr X’s and problem solved. I feared a little bit of that with these but that was quickly put to rest.

Shots that stood out:
4h:
196 yard par 4… Pin was tucked back and really I was only aiming for the center of the green. Up until this point my 4h was 185 yards or so. We figured just get it on the green and put away. Well I ended up hitting a great shot, high and far with just a little draw. Ended up landing pin high (ballmark) and about 5 feet past the hole.

4h: I needed about 185 for a good layup. I was in the rough. I got a little handsy on my swing and man did I pay for it. The hybrid still managed to get through most of the rough but still got caught up a little. The ball still went straight but only for about 100 yards.

8i: 145 yard par 3. I hit the ball on the lowest groove. Still carried to the front of the green, hopped up and I was pin high. Forgiveness is the name of the game with these irons.

Very nice write up Yoccos. You sure got a lot of testing in! When the hybrid got stuck in the rough, was it because of the slot on the bottom?

Love to hear about the forgiveness.

Very nice write up Yoccos. You sure got a lot of testing in! When the hybrid got stuck in the rough, was it because of the slot on the bottom?

Dude that's a great question. I never would have thought of that but very interested to hear what you think yoccos

Great stuff DD and Yoccos. I was showing my boss a pic of the clubs this AM and he said I might have some problems with them on our hard pan fairways. We shall see! I'm supposed to get them today.

Great stuff DD and Yoccos. I was showing my boss a pic of the clubs this AM and he said I might have some problems with them on our hard pan fairways. We shall see! I'm supposed to get them today.

I really wish he hadn't said that to you, nothing like having someone already put a negative thought in your head before you even get a chance to hit the clubs.

Back