Belly Putt Unboxing and Installation Pics

Belly Putt review is now up. Here is Jason K's take on everything.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10917

Is there no permalink for these reviews? When I click any old link to a story like this one provided it takes me to the main page of the site and the story is no longer there. I realize this is from 2010 but I have had the same thing happen with other reviews that I want to read.

Nice review Jake! Never considered a belly, but if I do this seems like a good way to test it

Before I got my 35" Corza Ghost, I went back and forth between a longer, belly putter and the 35", I liked the longer putter, but decided on the 35" because I was afraid that I would regret my purchase later.

Not sure yet, Im at 44 right now, probably a 6 or 8 inch extension? Once I install it I will update this thread with pics and such.

Thanks, look forward to seeing them.

I've never been a fan of the belly anchor putters. This training aid really doesn't seem like it would help, because it is just that....or am I TOTALLY messed up and is it supposed to be a permanent addition to a putter?

Chest anchor putters (ala Adam Scott) are very cool and I would game one instantly...

Jake was kind enough to let me give this puppy a whirl. Im extending my current belly putter into a longer, almost broomstick style putter. Im also going to give going side-saddle a whirl as well.

Thanks Jake!

To expand on this a little, when Thainer heard I was considering a belly putter, he offered this up to me to test drive it. I'll be getting it on Thursday, hopefully, so I should be able to game it on Sunday.

Thanks, Thainer!

To expand on this a little, when Thainer heard I was considering a belly putter, he offered this up to me to test drive it. I'll be getting it on Thursday, hopefully, so I should be able to game it on Sunday.

Thanks, Thainer!

Solid move by Thainer. Good luck w/ it Smallville, hoping it works for you. I have been looking at belly putters off and on, but never pulled the trigger for fear I wouldnt like it in the long run and would be stuck with a long putter that I dont/wouldnt use.

Can't wait to read the review, I tried a belly putter at GG a few weeks back, and I just thought I felt weird.

Yeah guys. It didn't really work out for me extending a belly, the club needed to be more upright.

Enjoy it Smallie!

Yeah guys. It didn't really work out for me extending a belly, the club needed to be more upright.

Enjoy it Smallie!

So when you extended the shaft with the belly putt, it was too angled into you? Never thought of that being a problem when using this product, but could see how that would be awkward.

So when you extended the shaft with the belly putt, it was too angled into you? Never thought of that being a problem when using this product, but could see how that would be awkward.

I think it was because Thainer was trying to turn a belly putter into a "broom" putter. Those need to be more upright.

Not when you're using it to extend a standard into a belly putter, but Thainer was actually looking to extend a belly putter into a long broom style putter but it didn't sound like it worked real well.

Smallie, good luck with this thing, it's a really good device and it works great for trying a belly putter without dropping the $ on the whole thing. Keep us posted!

I will Jake, and thanks for passing this around.

Really glad someone bumped this. I think this is a great idea to try something out for way cheaper then buying a new putter (plus you can use the putter you already like!

One thing I haven't found, did you use this on a blade or a mallet?

One thing I haven't found, did you use this on a blade or a mallet?
I used it on a mallet and my dad installed it in his blade. That is the beauty of this device, it works great regardless of what you currently putt with.

I used it on a mallet and my dad installed it in his blade. That is the beauty of this device, it works great regardless of what you currently putt with.

Did you add lead tape or did you not notice the head being light after extending the shaft?

I got a package in the mail today from Thainer and it was the infamous belly putt conversion kit. I have not done it yet though because I don't have anyone to hold the camera and I need two hands to do this. So I will get a video made either tonight when Jacqui gets home or before she leaves tomorrow.

It looks like it's a cinch to do though.

Thanks, Thainer!

I got a package in the mail today from Thainer and it was the infamous belly putt conversion kit. I have not done it yet though because I don't have anyone to hold the camera and I need two hands to do this. So I will get a video made either tonight when Jacqui gets home or before she leaves tomorrow.

It looks like it's a cinch to do though.

Thanks, Thainer!

looking forward to it, this is a interesting product, a great way to try a belly without dropping the cash for a new putter

Wow this looks cool, can't wait to see the video Smalls! I reall want to try a belly putter but don't have the $$$ to go and buy one. How much does this cost?

Edit: Just saw on the website that it's $39.99 plus shipping for anyone else who was wondering.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Trying to decide which putter to put it on.

I have two SeeMore FGP putters. One is my old Brass model with a Jumbo Crown grip. The other is a newer Black FGP with a standard SeeMore grip.

The belly putters I have seen tend to have the larger grips, so I am leaning to using that one, but I like the newer putter with the smaller grip too.

Trying to decide which putter to put it on.

I have two SeeMore FGP putters. One is my old Brass model with a Jumbo Crown grip. The other is a newer Black FGP with a standard SeeMore grip.

The belly putters I have seen tend to have the larger grips, so I am leaning to using that one, but I like the newer putter with the smaller grip too.

I would say whichever is more comfortable for you. Also maybe the one that is heavier? or are they the same?

I would say whichever is more comfortable for you. Also maybe the one that is heavier? or are they the same?

Think they are about the same headweight.

Leaning toward the bigger grip, because I think it will work better. Maybe. haha

This is something I could use. I've been toying with the idea of using a belly putter for a while.

Slightly off topic, but I didn't know THP had a fargo hub. I'm an hour south of there , and didn't know bout this?? Please explain more.

Back