Belly Putt Unboxing and Installation Pics

Hard to get a good feel for a putter with the aerated greens, those are such a pain.

Did you feel that your putting stroke was improved (better feel, tempo) using the longer putter?

They punched the fairways too. Is that normal? I think I've seen it before, but not very often.

I felt really good about how the stroke felt, being it was only the first day. I think once I get comfortable with distance, I am going to be very happy with this. I'll be going to the course tomorrow to help out some, I'll take the putter to hit some putts on the practice green while I'm not busy.

They punched the fairways too. Is that normal? I think I've seen it before, but not very often.

I felt really good about how the stroke felt, being it was only the first day. I think once I get comfortable with distance, I am going to be very happy with this. I'll be going to the course tomorrow to help out some, I'll take the putter to hit some putts on the practice green while I'm not busy.

Smalls do you know if they make one of these for a broom style?

Smalls do you know if they make one of these for a broom style?
Thainer tried to use this on his belly putter to make it a broom style, but it didn't work for him. I think the shaft angle needs to be more upright for broom style.

Thainer tried to use this on his belly putter to make it a broom style, but it didn't work for him. I think the shaft angle needs to be more upright for broom style.

I can get my putter bent pretty easily to fix the lie angle...was just wondering if that thing could be used as a handle? or if there was another kit made for the broom style.

First round using this. I had 39 putts, which is higher than normal, but I had a few things going against me. First, and worst, is the aerated greens. Second, and this is going to take some getting used to, is the distance control. I left most of my first putts short. Online, but short. I got four past the hole and made each putt coming back.

What I like about this is I have the confidence that the ball is going to go where I aim it; I didn't push or pull a single putt. I did hit it offline, but that was because of bad reads, not bad putts.

I also shortened it up a little. 40" was having me stand too upright, so I brought it down to 39". I think that works better for me.

Seems like once you get the hang of it, the belly putter will work better for you than a standard putter! Once you get to practice without the aerated greens it will be interesting to see if you can control the distance better or worse than a standard putter.

I can get my putter bent pretty easily to fix the lie angle...was just wondering if that thing could be used as a handle? or if there was another kit made for the broom style.
I don't know if the insert is long enough to make it a broom style. It's probably about a foot long or so but you have to make sure enough is inside the putter.

I don't know if there is a longer version, it's called "Belly Putt" afterall!

I don't know if the insert is long enough to make it a broom style. It's probably about a foot long or so but you have to make sure enough is inside the putter.

I don't know if there is a longer version, it's called "Belly Putt" afterall!

Haha I am short but not that short...oh well maybe I'll have to find a used one instead. Do you pull the belly putter into your stomach or do you just let it touch? I just couldn't find a way to be consistent in the store with one but it felt better when I had it locked tight.

Haha I am short but not that short...oh well maybe I'll have to find a used one instead. Do you pull the belly putter into your stomach or do you just let it touch? I just couldn't find a way to be consistent in the store with one but it felt better when I had it locked tight.

Pulled it in. I figured that was the whole point; just letting it touch wouldn't really give you the anchor point that so many are against!

Pulled it in. I figured that was the whole point; just letting it touch wouldn't really give you the anchor point that so many are against!

I was better when it was just kind of resting but it didnt feel right lol. Cant wait to see how you get used to this I really am thinking of going broom or belly but the local stores have a combined 2 belly putters between the 3 of them and they are both blades so I cant really test it.

Used the putting green for a while last night until it got too chilly for shorts! Hit about 100 putts with this, and while it's not feeling natural just yet, I am getting more comfortable. I do think this is going to be a good move for me to go to a belly putter. Seems like it's a matter of picking the right line because most of the time I am hitting it where I am intending. Quite unlike before I switched.

Used the putting green for a while last night until it got too chilly for shorts! Hit about 100 putts with this, and while it's not feeling natural just yet, I am getting more comfortable. I do think this is going to be a good move for me to go to a belly putter. Seems like it's a matter of picking the right line because most of the time I am hitting it where I am intending. Quite unlike before I switched.

Smalls -- I will be real interested in how you adapt to this putting style. I have no doubt it will work but man it is not a piece of cake to make it that natural feeling stroke.

That's a positive start Smalls - looking forward to more!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Smalls -- I will be real interested in how you adapt to this putting style. I have no doubt it will work but man it is not a piece of cake to make it that natural feeling stroke.
Thanks Gray, I am just going off what Miller said about 1,000 putts to feel comfortable with it, so I'm still under 140. I plan to give this a chance to see if it does work for me.

That's a positive start Smalls - looking forward to more!!
I'll keep this thread updated. Still pics won't help this one out much, so video will be coming up on this soon.

Thanks Gray, I am just going off what Miller said about 1,000 putts to feel comfortable with it, so I'm still under 140. I plan to give this a chance to see if it does work for me.

I'll keep this thread updated. Still pics won't help this one out much, so video will be coming up on this soon.

I am with ya buddy! I am struggling but I am going to hang in there and give it a couple of months. That means I will be gaming this in Blairsville next month on those bent grass greens. Man Old Union golf course greens are faster than a pig with a gallon jug of petroleum jelly greased down!!!!! About 12 something on the stimp so I will be putting this puppy to a stern test....

Looking forward to seeing the videos!

What exactly is the difference with the belly putter that helps you putt the ball where you want it to go? Is it simply the fact that you can anchor it to yourself?

What exactly is the difference with the belly putter that helps you putt the ball where you want it to go? Is it simply the fact that you can anchor it to yourself?

I'm supposing so. I'm confident that I'm able to bring the putterhead back through square more often than not.

That is supposed to be the plus side of this but when I anchor it I have problems with the longer putts right now. I would like to hear Smalls take on this as well. I have been experimenting with the claw grip, split grip, tight to the tummy position, and more but it is still a learning curve.

Distance control is going to be the hardest thing with this I think. I mentioned before I left most of my putts short of the hole. On-line, but short. Missed a few short ones too, which I have heard is one of the side effects of this. I am still gripping it the same, just have the end of it in my stomach.

I'm supposing so. I'm confident that I'm able to bring the putterhead back through square more often than not.

This is good to know, I sometimes struggle with getting the putter square at impact. I'm assuming it is easier to keep your arms inline with your putting line when the putter is anchored?

Distance control is going to be the hardest thing with this I think. I mentioned before I left most of my putts short of the hole. On-line, but short. Missed a few short ones too, which I have heard is one of the side effects of this. I am still gripping it the same, just have the end of it in my stomach.

Have you tried experimenting with different grips yet?

Are you having problems with pulling the shorter putts. It may be the spider ghost head that is new to me however I have been on the left side of the hole more than I care to.

Smallie, when I get speed issues with my belly, its usually because of my transition. Its something Im still getting used to, but if you slow down your back stroke and transition, I really find it allows you to focus more on the force youre applying on the thru-stroke. Just something that works for me.

Let me know how ya make out!

Have you tried experimenting with different grips yet?
No. I have another SeeMore that is the same style, just an older model that has a Jumbo Crown grip on it. I will be putting this conversion kit into it though.

Are you having problems with pulling the shorter putts. It may be the spider ghost head that is new to me however I have been on the left side of the hole more than I care to.
Yep, my usual miss on the short putts is to the left of the hole.

Smallie, when I get speed issues with my belly, its usually because of my transition. Its something Im still getting used to, but if you slow down your back stroke and transition, I really find it allows you to focus more on the force youre applying on the thru-stroke. Just something that works for me.

I will work on that Thainer, thanks.

I worked on this yesterday when I was outdoing my test on the Adams clubs. With that, I am also testing the belly putt and here's how I did with that yesterday. In the Adams thread, I just put that I was within X feet on my shot to the green and I got X amount of putts. Here are my putting results.

Hole/Distance when getting on green/results (total putts in the round)
#1 / 3 feet / made putt (1)
#2 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (3)
#3 / 10 feet / 2 putts, made a 2 footer (5)
#4 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (7)
#5 / 4 feet / made putt (8)
#6 / 3 feet / made putt (9)
#7 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (11)
#8 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (13)
#9 / 12 feet / 2 putts. made 1 footer (15)
#10 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (17)
#11 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (19)
#12 / 22 feet / 3 putts, missed a 5 footer and made a 2 footer (22)
#13 / 1 foot / made putt (23)
#14 / 16 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (25)
#15 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (27)
#16 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (29)
#17/ 1 foot / made putt (30)
#18 / 5 feet / made putt (31)

I still only have about 165 putts with this thing, so I still have a lot of work to do. I putted well today, but I was hitting my shots on the green pretty close, so I only had one 3 putt. This was probably my best putting day in almost 3 years, both in confidence and number of putts.

I didn't putt as well today, I probably had 36 or 37 putts today, I had some one putts, but I had a few three putts today.

I worked on this yesterday when I was outdoing my test on the Adams clubs. With that, I am also testing the belly putt and here's how I did with that yesterday. In the Adams thread, I just put that I was within X feet on my shot to the green and I got X amount of putts. Here are my putting results.

Hole/Distance when getting on green/results (total putts in the round)
#1 / 3 feet / made putt (1)
#2 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (3)
#3 / 10 feet / 2 putts, made a 2 footer (5)
#4 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (7)
#5 / 4 feet / made putt (8)
#6 / 3 feet / made putt (9)
#7 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (11)
#8 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (13)
#9 / 12 feet / 2 putts. made 1 footer (15)
#10 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (17)
#11 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (19)
#12 / 22 feet / 3 putts, missed a 5 footer and made a 2 footer (22)
#13 / 1 foot / made putt (23)
#14 / 16 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (25)
#15 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (27)
#16 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (29)
#17/ 1 foot / made putt (30)
#18 / 5 feet / made putt (31)

I still only have about 165 putts with this thing, so I still have a lot of work to do. I putted well today, but I was hitting my shots on the green pretty close, so I only had one 3 putt. This was probably my best putting day in almost 3 years, both in confidence and number of putts.

I didn't putt as well today, I probably had 36 or 37 putts today, I had some one putts, but I had a few three putts today.
Good stuff SV, 31 putts its pretty darn good

Back