Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

i was just thinking the same thing lol and i think that pattern is in my bag right now so im gonna have to go hunting

I already found it in mine....

If you guys decide you've figured out which ball it is by dimple patterns, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Yep I def. will

If you guys decide you've figured out which ball it is by dimple patterns, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

will do lol dont wanna tell everyone that santa claus isnt real......oops

Great pics Spank....curious dimple pattern....can't wait to receive mine and inspect first-hand

Enjoy yourselves lads. Congrats to all you testers.

I am having agreat time with the Vision testing.

+1, if you have figured it out, or even think you have, keep it to yourself, would defeat the purpose of the blind testing.

I honestly have no idea why it matters anyway. The purpose of this round of testing is to get feedback on a golf ball without packaging to make you think it should perform a certain way. Not, 'can you figure out what ball this is'

I honestly have no idea why it matters anyway. The purpose of this round of testing is to get feedback on a golf ball without packaging to make you think it should perform a certain way. Not, 'can you figure out what ball this is'

Totally agree. I think it is fun for us non testers to try and find out, but if I was a tester, I wouldn't want to know. I would want to try and give the most un biased opinion possible.

Great pics spanks! I wouldn't want to know either for fear of being biased but its fun for me to try to guess being a non tester. Though I won't voice what my take is...

Totally agree. I think it is fun for us non testers to try and find out, but if I was a tester, I wouldn't want to know. I would want to try and give the most un biased opinion possible.

Exactly... Just have to play the ball and give your thoughts/opinions/feedback, not really compare it to this or that ball or try to figure out the mystery. Forum testing, not forum guessing.

Just some initial thoughts on this since receiving it yesterday... the feel of the ball cover feels soft but durable (it feels a touch harder than other tour type balls I've played in the past). Rolled some on the carpet last night and off the putter it comes off soft like some of the tour balls that I have played in the past. It is a touch lighter off the putter than some of those aforementioned balls but not where it's flying off the face. I like this since I tend to sway towards a heavier feeling ball off the putter.

As you can see by some of my pics there is a distinct dimple pattern with four sized dimples. There is a triad of the smallest dimples from what to me looks like the poles surrounded by the two medium sized dimples with the larger ones taking up the majority of the rest of the ball. What these do is a complete mystery to me and maybe could be more explained in detail once the ball in itself is revealed.

Unfortunately, my plan to test this on the course this weekend is almost certain to be washed out due to Ms Emily coming up the coast so my next update could come sometime mid week next week. I'm really excited to see what this ball can do and I will definitely put this ball though its paces.

no need to get all uptight about it. we were just saying we thought the pattern looked familiar. as of now, there is ZERO feedback about how it plays, only about how it looks. so we were talking about how it looks. sorry, we will all wait to talk about how it plays

Just some initial thoughts on this since receiving it yesterday... the feel of the ball cover feels soft but durable (it feels a touch harder than other tour type balls I've played in the past). Rolled some on the carpet last night and off the putter it comes off soft like some of the tour balls that I have played in the past. It is a touch lighter off the putter than some of those aforementioned balls but not where it's flying off the face. I like this since I tend to sway towards a heavier feeling ball off the putter.

As you can see by some of my pics there is a distinct dimple pattern with four sized dimples. There is a triad of the smallest dimples from what to me looks like the poles surrounded by the two medium sized dimples with the larger ones taking up the majority of the rest of the ball. What these do is a complete mystery to me and maybe could be more explained in detail once the ball in itself is revealed.

Unfortunately, my plan to test this on the course this weekend is almost certain to be washed out due to Ms Emily coming up the coast so my next update could come sometime mid week next week. I'm really excited to see what this ball can do and I will definitely put this ball though its paces.

Im in the same boat as your Spank, really hoping Ms. Emily doesnt wash out my round this weekend. Granted I am on the West Coast vs East Coast, so I am hoping I will be good to go.

Also, the dimple pattern is interesting to say the least. The ball has a triangle of 3 small dimples on, what I can guess is either the top/bottom or left/right of the ball. Those three dimples have intrigued me.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. So weird seeing a ball without logos on it to be honest.
It really is, but it goes hand in hand with this test, as long as no one cuts it open. :wink:

Has anyone counted the dimples? I am curious how many dimples there are on the ball.

GG works very hard to make sure that everything ships extremely quickly.
No one really understands just how hard she works behind the scenes and I'm really grateful it's her and not me because she works her butt off. Thank you GG!

Agreed, it really defeats the purpose of a blind test. Like I said above, I am waiting to hear about the first person to cut it open.

no need to get all uptight about it. we were just saying we thought the pattern looked familiar. as of now, there is ZERO feedback about how it plays, only about how it looks. so we were talking about how it looks. sorry, we will all wait to talk about how it plays

I can get uptight if I want to. In the past, we had somebody so interested in figuring out what ball he had that he basically ruined the point of the testing for some.

It really is, but it goes hand in hand with this test, as long as no one cuts it open. :wink:

Has anyone counted the dimples? I am curious how many dimples there are on the ball.

No one really understands just how hard she works behind the scenes and I'm really grateful it's her and not me because she works her butt off. Thank you GG!

Agreed, it really defeats the purpose of a blind test. Like I said above, I am waiting to hear about the first person to cut it open.

I started to, but that is a difficult task when you dont have a starting point and finishing point to focus on. The only way I figured I could do the count is if I used a marker and dotted every single dimple.

Me too. Look forward to the testing without knowing the Ball...

I can get uptight if I want to. In the past, we had somebody so interested in figuring out what ball he had that he basically ruined the point of the testing for some.

this is too cool of a thing for me to try to ruin it. 90 percent of the fun of this is not knowing what it is. im not trying to stir up anything at all. sorry if my last comment came off that way.

Like I said above, I am waiting to hear about the first person to cut it open.

Oh I am so cutting one open, but not until later in the test. Basically once I have a ball that's been beat up I'm clamping this thing in a vice and ripping it up.

this is too cool of a thing for me to try to ruin it. 90 percent of the fun of this is not knowing what it is. im not trying to stir up anything at all. sorry if my last comment came off that way.

No worries man.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback. I may have missed it, but when will the details of the ball be released? Is there a specific time frame to the testing?

Will the details of the ball eventually be released?

Oh I am so cutting one open, but not until later in the test. Basically once I have a ball that's been beat up I'm clamping this thing in a vice and ripping it up.

I am pretty sure that it not recommended by THP or the mystery company but I could be wrong. I think JB said something about that happening in the last blind ball testing and it didn't work out well.

Your supposed to play the ball not find out what company it is or anything along those lines.

Sorry, Doug. I don't know the date, but they will be released after everybody has given them a thorough review.

I am pretty sure that it not recommended by THP or the mystery company but I could be wrong. I think JB said something about that happening in the last blind ball testing and it didn't work out well.

Your supposed to play the ball not find out what company it is or anything along those lines.

I'm not going to spoil anything. I cut up one of all the balls I buy. I like looking at the layers and seeing the differences ball to ball.

I strongly recommend not doing that. We sent 6 golf balls to people for them to put into play and review. I dont think it is asking too much for that to be what is done with them.

Of course.

Back