Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Came home to see I recieved my Mystery Golf Balls. I am not going to post too many pics, since many others have already been posted. I can't wait to get these out to the putting/chipping green, and course. More to follow in the next few days. Thanks again THP and Mystery Ball Company.

DSCN8082.jpg

DSCN8083.jpg

DSCN8085.jpg

Last edited:
Im in the same boat as your Spank, really hoping Ms. Emily doesnt wash out my round this weekend. Granted I am on the West Coast vs East Coast, so I am hoping I will be good to go.

Also, the dimple pattern is interesting to say the least. The ball has a triangle of 3 small dimples on, what I can guess is either the top/bottom or left/right of the ball. Those three dimples have intrigued me.

466e40ad-2edc-56c6.jpg

We have a dimple count...330, going to double check myself here shortly.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.296786,-82.537138
- ...just tap it in...

Haha, that ball looks like it has chicken pox. Good job!

Skimming the thread as I don't want to read anyone's thoughts just yet. Good job on the pics guys!

More dimples can mean less distance right? Just curious

Enjoyed the stats, LR! Did you notice any difference in feel or sound off the driver?

Great paint job, w.e!

It feels harder then the soft-feels and E6's off the driver. With the distances I was getting I imagine I was compressing it pretty good and it felt fine. Just wasn't quite the marshmellow the soft-feel is to me.

Sound wise, I can't say. I just switched to this driver from the 08 Tour Burner 3 days ago and I'm still getting used to the sound, which seems a little hollow compared to my old Tour Burner. Maybe after this weekend I'll be able to pick out the note a little bit.

It feels harder then the soft-feels and E6's off the driver. With the distances I was getting I imagine I was compressing it pretty good and it felt fine. Just wasn't quite the marshmellow the soft-feel is to me.

Sound wise, I can't say. I just switched to this driver from the 08 Tour Burner 3 days ago and I'm still getting used to the sound, which seems a little hollow compared to my old Tour Burner. Maybe after this weekend I'll be able to pick out the note a little bit.

From what I have noticed with my limited time with it, it does not have a super soft, almost mushy feel that some of the "soft" balls have to it.

---
- ...just tap it in...

From what I have noticed with my limited time with it, it does not have a super soft, almost mushy feel that some of the "soft" balls have to it.

So not the feel of a Penta? More along the lines of a Prov1?

So not the feel of a Penta? More along the lines of a Prov1?

Im thinking he may mean soft core as opposed to the cover?

Posted via Tapatalk

Im thinking he may mean soft core as opposed to the cover?

Posted via Tapatalk

Yes, was referring to the core, rather than the cover.

Should have clarified...

---
- ...just tap it in...

Haha, war.eagle, loved the fact you counted them. 330, interesting number, that's lower than I thought it might be.

Liquid- keep an eye on that ball you hit into the net. Playing in a net or sim with full shots, I'd see balls get diminished results after so many shots and some even cracked in half. It's hard on them.

Love the initial feedback.

im looking foward to seeing who makes these!

Interesting thread, I have enjoyed the pics, video and reviews so far but cannot understand the urge to figure out what ball it is. JB did ask before the packages were in peoples hands that they not do this as it possibly could bias their thoughts in the blind test. Not judging, just sayin'.

Haha, war.eagle, loved the fact you counted them. 330, interesting number, that's lower than I thought it might be.

Liquid- keep an eye on that ball you hit into the net. Playing in a net or sim with full shots, I'd see balls get diminished results after so many shots and some even cracked in half. It's hard on them.

Love the initial feedback.

By the end of counting, I was seeing cross eyed.

Interesting thread, I have enjoyed the pics, video and reviews so far but cannot understand the urge to figure out what ball it is. JB did ask before the packages were in peoples hands that they not do this as it possibly could bias their thoughts in the blind test. Not judging, just sayin'.

I agree, like I said a few pages back, "forum testing, not forum guessing."

I'm taking mine out for some chipping and putting after work.
Working at Hooters Tour event tomorrow A.M. and will take them out for real after that.

I'm taking mine out for some chipping and putting after work.
Working at Hooters Tour event tomorrow A.M. and will take them out for real after that.

Awesome! I'm hoping to get 18 in after I leave the office today, should be able to squeeze out of work a bit early to hit the course. Praying for no afternoon showers, right now it looks clear w/ blue skies!

Checked at lunch again today. The balls are still in the mail. I can't wait to get them into play. As soon as they get delivered, I will do my best!

Checked at lunch again today. The balls are still in the mail. I can't wait to get them into play. As soon as they get delivered, I will do my best!

You always seem to get you stuff late. What gives, is your mailbox like down at the bottom of the mountain on a three day hike...hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

466e40ad-2edc-56c6.jpg

We have a dimple count...330, going to double check myself here shortly.

Ha. That's awesome. I may have to start marking all of my balls just like that to screw with my friends' heads.

thanks for the updates fellas, I gotta get caught up on the thread this weekend!

Question for all of the testers.

For those of you who have played the ball so far, how does it compare to your usual ball and what is your usual ball of choice?

Question for all of the testers.

For those of you who have played the ball so far, how does it compare to your usual ball and what is your usual ball of choice?

The ball of choice info was actually posted earlier for quite a few, but I don't know about comparisons. Many of us haven't got them yet. I would expect quite a few will today.

You always seem to get you stuff late. What gives, is your mailbox like down at the bottom of the mountain on a three day hike...hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:laughing:

No the Mail people in NW Ohio act like there is 10ft of snow here year round...

Sharpie ran some, but you get the picture, 1st round in the AM with them

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Mystery balls arrived today. Quick intro video:

I'll get some thoughts up as soon as I can. Having people over tonight :)

Just got my balls today, and I like the way they feel! My initial impression is that they are going to feel pretty nice coming off the wedges
and I'm going to give them about a 4 hour chipping and putting workout tomorrow morning. Thanks THP, GG, and JB for the chance to test these things.
I'm not going to compare them to any other balls for the first week or so, and when I do it will only be for ball flight and distance comparisons off the driver
and long irons I'll post feedback tomorrow..

Back