Brag about your kids

My oldest son who tried to take his own life earlier this spring is on medication that is working. He is fishing on his days off, cleaning the house without my asking, going in to work early, actually wants to hang out with dad, and appears to be just enjoying life. I would have never thought that just enjoying life would be a big accomplishment, but now I can't think of anything better.

My oldest son who tried to take his own life earlier this spring is on medication that is working. He is fishing on his days off, cleaning the house without my asking, going in to work early, actually wants to hang out with dad, and appears to be just enjoying life. I would have never thought that just enjoying life would be a big accomplishment, but now I can't think of anything better.
I love this post so much!!! So awesome to hear!!

Proud of this guy for being inducted into the National Honor Society last night!

College tours start next week…

IMG_9076.jpeg

This is the best thing I've heard in a long while! Love that you're able to say it :love:

Have to brag about a couple of our boys. Our middle son just finished his Junior year of college and is in ROTC. He received a Leadership award and will have his name on a plaque in the College ROTC hall. He’s headed to Advanced Camp and Air Assault training in a couple weeks.
Our youngest son just finished his Sophomore year of high school. He received a Scottish Rite Americanism Award in JROTC today! These kids never cease to amaze me.
IMG_4964.jpeg
Resized_20230519_143514.jpeg

Let’s see, since Friday:

Daughter #1 graduated from college
Daughter #3 graduated from high school
Daughter #4 was invited to try out for an elite level soccer team in higher age bracket and was in total beast mode.
Daughter #2 burned up vacation days so she wouldn’t miss any of it, then left at 4:30 this morning for a 4 hour drive straight to work.

Buncha sweeties!! 🥰

IMG_0319.jpeg
And he almost hit it in the center of the fairway. I’d call it 2 ft. right of the marker. You know that mixture of pride and feeling like you won’t be able keep up much longer? Yeah, I’ve got that.

My kids are really young, but they all seem to be growing into fantastic human beings. I don't always realize to appreciate it. They all seem to grow into their names. We've given all of them names that also mean something else in Finnish, in a way to encourage them onwards in life.

Recent highlights;
- Oiva (roughly translates to "Splendid" in English, 7y): he learns English easily, isnin pre-school and reads everything he sees. He educates me on science and life everyday. He has some sensory and autistic spectrum challenges, but is so sharp and observing that he deserves more praise than he currently gets.

- Taito ("Skill", 5y) Learns English at daycare and isbthe most compassionate, sharing and loving soul. He's the one who always finds ways to smoothe the atmosphere. His imagination is wild, he can imagine and build almost anything out of Legos. Most likely to become my golfing partner.

- Voima ("Power", 3y) takes everything in his stride. Dentist? No problem. Doctor? No problem. Building a blanket an pillow fortress? No problem. Climbing way too high? No problem. He's a fantastic, willfull, charming boy and that's something of a miracle considering I was away during his 10-23 months and my wife was doing everything. You can't have time for pampering too much when you're taking care of three under schoolage kids.

Just wanted to share how proud I'm of my boys and how they're growing up.

My youngest son will be a senior in college in the fall. Just started a cool summer internship in NYC. Got himself an apartment with a roommate, dealing with the subways and negotiating life as a independent young man in the Big Apple. Of course I had to teach him how to make a tie.

3171EFDF-64C0-4090-869E-7ACF08C88C5D.jpeg

My kids are really young, but they all seem to be growing into fantastic human beings. I don't always realize to appreciate it. They all seem to grow into their names. We've given all of them names that also mean something else in Finnish, in a way to encourage them onwards in life.

Recent highlights;
- Oiva (roughly translates to "Splendid" in English, 7y): he learns English easily, isnin pre-school and reads everything he sees. He educates me on science and life everyday. He has some sensory and autistic spectrum challenges, but is so sharp and observing that he deserves more praise than he currently gets.

- Taito ("Skill", 5y) Learns English at daycare and isbthe most compassionate, sharing and loving soul. He's the one who always finds ways to smoothe the atmosphere. His imagination is wild, he can imagine and build almost anything out of Legos. Most likely to become my golfing partner.

- Voima ("Power", 3y) takes everything in his stride. Dentist? No problem. Doctor? No problem. Building a blanket an pillow fortress? No problem. Climbing way too high? No problem. He's a fantastic, willfull, charming boy and that's something of a miracle considering I was away during his 10-23 months and my wife was doing everything. You can't have time for pampering too much when you're taking care of three under schoolage kids.

Just wanted to share how proud I'm of my boys and how they're growing up.
Very interesting and cool names, what nationality are you?

Very interesting and cool names, what nationality are you?
Finnish. There was a lot of pondering about our firstborn, then the line was set and we went the same way with all.

The boy got his Varsity jacket yesterday, he lettered in bowling.

347240354_10226018787799723_2311600658580288950_n.jpg

My youngest son will be a senior in college in the fall. Just started a cool summer internship in NYC. Got himself an apartment with a roommate, dealing with the subways and negotiating life as a independent young man in the Big Apple. Of course I had to teach him how to make a tie.

View attachment 9186784

I’m 33 and still hate having to tie a tie, haha. Congrats to your son on all the big moves!

Just got back from a cruise. Our almost 12 year old son tried a ton of new foods all week. Most he didn't enjoy, but a few he liked and a few he loved. He's always been a picky eater, so it was cool to see him trying sushi and chilled fish and Indian food and such.

Just got back from a cruise. Our almost 12 year old son tried a ton of new foods all week. Most he didn't enjoy, but a few he liked and a few he loved. He's always been a picky eater, so it was cool to see him trying sushi and chilled fish and Indian food and such.

That's great. My son was/is also a picky eater but now tries most stuff.

My daughters (back home) eat everything but I suspect that was because my ex and I made them eat what was put in front of them rather than cater to what they wanted like my wife (current) did with our son.

That's great. My son was/is also a picky eater but now tries most stuff.

My daughters (back home) eat everything but I suspect that was because my ex and I made them eat what was put in front of them rather than cater to what they wanted like my wife (current) did with our son.
It makes a world of difference that they're offered new tastes and not just the ones they like now. We have a rule that you don't have to like everything, but you'll taste what's on the plate. And no, you don't get something else made for you if you don't like what's on offer today.

Henry broke through for medalist in his tournament today! (11-12 year olds)

He's had so many almosts, this was a big win, edging out 2nd and 3rd by only 1 stroke each.

I'm so glad I made the choice to cut out of work and tag along.

PXL_20230619_180538896.jpgPXL_20230619_174046960.jpgPXL_20230619_170740786~2.jpg

Recently had some newborn pics taken!!!

IMG_7668.jpegIMG_7673.jpegIMG_7665.jpegIMG_7676.jpegIMG_7678.jpegIMG_7688.jpegIMG_7685.jpegIMG_7681.jpegIMG_7677.jpeg

2 great youngins.
IMG_9807.jpeg

Picked up 2 dozen Kirkland Signature V3's at Costco and decided to let my kid mark them for me. The green colored snake and the black colored after our dog will be tough to find in the rough.

I really love the sun and sky ball on the bottom right.

Screenshot_20230716_164145_Photos.jpg

Back