Brag about your kids

If you're in NE Ohio, buy a helmet and stay off the footpaths, my son just passed his driving test and is now a fully licensed driver.

The boy asked if he could hit balls in the front yard when we got home. If won't be long and I'll need the net set up so he doesn't hit the neighbor's house. :oops: The dude is 4 and has a better swing than I do 😆

Attachments

• 20230731_200637.mp4
    6.2 MB
If you're in NE Ohio, buy a helmet and stay off the footpaths, my son just passed his driving test and is now a fully licensed driver.

Further to this.

Did his first solo flight on Sunday with the Ministers car...no new dings, so great success!

My youngest is going into his senior year. After a tough beginning to our range session yesterday I gave him a few swing cues. It sounds like he shot a +3 for 9 on his first day of tryouts immediately after making a swing adjustment. I’ll never not be amazed about how quickly he can make changes.

My baby girl turned 18 yesterday. Where the **** does the time go

If you find out, let me know. Early next year I'll have 3 adult children and 2 grand kids and it still feels like they're still 10 years old.

Mine leaves for a semester in London in a few weeks while my youngest starts his senior year of HS. I was just rocking them to sleep yesterday. I don't know what happened.

Daughter is playing in our rec plus league which is a step up for the kids that want to be a little more competitive but with parents that think it’s insane to have their kids on travel teams and only playing one sport. She’s the youngest kid on her team. She loves playing goalie and had a couple big time saves today. She’s a beast. Coaches her team and yells instructions to them and willing to mix it up. Told the ref that he botched a missed hand ball (which he did) after one of her save. Fun game today and they tied it up after she threw the ball out to a forward and created a full field fast break.

IMG_7726.jpeg

@Joshnoble01 - I’ve got a soft spot for keepers so if there is anyway I can help please PM me.

First pre season tournament was this past weekend and we missed the final by goal differential. My daughter had a 1-1 tie, 3-0 won and 1-1 tie to only allow 2 goals in roughly about 180 minutes of play. The two goals that went in I’m not sure any kid at her age could stope because they were screamers tot he top corner that beat her. All in all a good couple of days getting the rust off and building for the season in 100* Texas heat .
DSC_2386.jpeg
DSC_2144.jpeg
DSC_2140.jpeg

@Joshnoble01 - I’ve got a soft spot for keepers so if there is anyway I can help please PM me.

First pre season tournament was this past weekend and we missed the final by goal differential. My daughter had a 1-1 tie, 3-0 won and 1-1 tie to only allow 2 goals in roughly about 180 minutes of play. The two goals that went in I’m not sure any kid at her age could stope because they were screamers tot he top corner that beat her. All in all a good couple of days getting the rust off and building for the season in 100* Texas heat .
View attachment 9201590
View attachment 9201591
View attachment 9201592
Will do. Thanks man. She’s having fun with it. I love watching her out there directing her team. It’s fun watching your kid be a leader which I think you have to do there.

Will do. Thanks man. She’s having fun with it. I love watching her out there directing her team. It’s fun watching your kid be a leader which I think you have to do there.
Absolutely. The big key is for her to "want" to be there and not forced. That is half the battle. The other thing is getting her some gloves that fit her hands better and are not oversized. PM me and I can give you some recommendations to get her going and won't break the bank.

So proud of my daughter. She is off to London for a semester and will be interning with a design firm over there. She’s also going to try and find any BU alum she can that’s working for Condé Nast to see if she can get a meeting as that’s her dream job post graduation. Oh and she also gets to live in Winston Churchill’s old house as her dorm!! Crazy.
IMG_8198.jpeg

My 14 year old had a soccer tournament this past weekend. Started as GK and nothing got past her including one-handed stop that was placed perfect top corner. Friggin robbed the kid. Goes in second half as forward and takes a direct shot to the chest from a defender, ball drops at her feet and takes two steps towards the goal and stops. Hands on knees, wind knocked out of her. Ref stops play, she stands up says “I’m fine, let’s go”. Ball gets dropped, same defender try’s to boot it, she takes it in the chest AGAIN, one step and bounces a bullet off the crossbar. Kid is a little beast, coaches don’t know what the hell to do with her. :LOL:

And she gave ME some of the best advice ever:

177E095A-90E9-465D-9A9F-E1A63F46F79D.jpeg

My not so little guy golfed his butt off yesterday. He shot an 80 on a hot day on punched greens. He had the maturity to ask what was wrong in his swing early on instead of fighting it the entire round. Our playing partners asked what he was gonna do when he graduates and if he was going to try to play golf. He said Comp Sci. I didn’t want him to lose that dream for something more realistic until later. Oh, well. At least he’ll be following in his old man’s footsteps.

Pretty pumped watching our son engage with these young men and put all of his energy into teaching the sport he loves!
IMG_2909.jpeg

Oldest: Married just over 25 years. 2 daughters. Went to 1 year of college. Been with a State University Alumni Association 28 years. Their data base manager.
Middle: Problem child. Had suitcase packed at 4 years old to run away from home...and did. Pushed every button in high school. Fired from first job out of high school for not showing up. At age 26 was youngest VP of a national insurance brokerage firm. They discovered she had no college and sent her to night school so she'd have it on her resume. Married 25 years. They adopted a sibling set of 3 15 years ago. She is Director of Risk Management for a Midwest construction conglomerate.
Youngest: Will retire from the Army in 18 months. Loves jumping out of perfectly good airplanes and running marathons/trail runs. Most of career with 82nd Airborne. Significant time split between 5th Special Ops Group and the Pentagon. Married a ready made family 12 years ago.
And, we had 104 foster kids through our home. I walked one young lady down the aisle in 1991. They are still married and have two grandkids.
Wife and I celebrated our 57th last Sunday. She is gone, now, assisting a granddaughter picking out a wedding dress. That granddaughter passed the State Boards to get her RN at age 20. Turned 21 this past week. Works labor/delivery at a local hospital.

We have really been blessed with our family. Worry about every one of them every day!!!

You guys are seriously a special pair. My hats off to you!
Thanks! Lots of stories. Wife brought a number of newborns home from the hospital. We fostered those until adoptive parents could be found. We had one of those babies quite a while. Regs at that time would not allow us, a Caucasian couple, adopt a black baby. Had him 3 months before the social worker called saying they would be picking him up the next day. Wife got everything together. Social worker and potential adoptive couple walked in. The adoptive mother took one look at him... "That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen. We aren't taking 'that' home with us!". Another 60 days passed and the social worker called again. Had a professional black couple from a town an hour east of us ready to adopt. That "ugly" baby boy was salutatorian of his high school graduating class. He is a concert pianist. Studied at the Juilliard School of Music. Many years later we still get Christmas cards from the adoptive parents.

Sibling set 5 and 6 years old. Both had scars on their backs where cigarettes had been used as "discipline" measures. The 6 year old boy was deaf in one ear from being slapped hard on that side of the head. One of the first mornings, wife found food from the fridge in their room...lots of food. She explained they would be eating well while with us and didn't need to hoard food. Next day, more food from the fridge in their room. We put up a "blockage" of chairs to keep them out of the kitchen the next night. Chairs still in place the next morning. More food in their room. Tied pots and pans onto the chairs that would bang around if the chairs were moved. Heard nothing during the night. More food in their room. Professional food thieves due to being starved in their former environment. Picked up a cheap motion detector and wired it to a loud alarm. That got them stymied enough they stopped cleaning out the fridge. :>)

The beautiful...and patient... blonde I've been married to for 57 years is an angel in disguise!!1

Having a rough year with injuries and starting 3 freshman on the OL at this point. My son is a junior and it's his first time in a leadership position. He's been playing great, but I'm way more proud of how he's been fighting and dragging those young guys along with him despite very little going their way.

Back