Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

A friend let me play a brand new Chrome for a couple of holes last week and I still prefer my 330-RX, I plan to buy a dozen Black's tomorrow in Macon and see if I like them better, from the comments I am expecting that at the special price I should take the gamble on them.

really glad and surprised so many people are enjoying the blacks i bought a dozen and i really didn't like them at all felt like i was hitting a rock and the durability was horrible. maybe i got a bad batch or something.

Buck - I would agree that they are maybe a little harder - this is why I really am starting to believe the whole "Compression" thing is overblown a bit. I was hitting the Z-Stars, and they were softer for sure, but not as long and straight off the tee, and didn't hold greens any better for me. And the Blacks really check for me on partial shots, which I like. My durability with them is on par or better than other premium balls. And my swing speed is only around 90...

really glad and surprised so many people are enjoying the blacks i bought a dozen and i really didn't like them at all felt like i was hitting a rock and the durability was horrible. maybe i got a bad batch or something.

You can read my full comparison a few pages back, but I'm firmly a Chrome guy. The Black was too firm, I lost distance, was no straighter, and did not spin as much for me. I'm around a 97-103 SS normally, but a little more deliberate with my irons and try not to hit any iron with a full swing, so the Chrome is by far superior for me. I didn't enjoy anything at all about the Black but the Chrome has almost completely changed my game for the better - a bigger impact on my game than any ball ever since I started playing in the 1990s.

You can read my full comparison a few pages back, but I'm firmly a Chrome guy. The Black was too firm, I lost distance, was no straighter, and did not spin as much for me. I'm around a 97-103 SS normally, but a little more deliberate with my irons and try not to hit any iron with a full swing, so the Chrome is by far superior for me. I didn't enjoy anything at all about the Black but the Chrome has almost completely changed my game for the better - a bigger impact on my game than any ball ever since I started playing in the 1990s.

With your SS and the fact that you're probably even less aggressive with your irons, it seems like Callaway would agree that the Black would be the wrong ball for you and the Chrome would be the one. I always like to see that play out the "correct" way.

I bit the bullet and bought 2 dozen of these at GG today. I have never really cared about the ball I use. In fact when I look at the last 3 balls I have played they are frequent mentions on the worst ball thread (TF xl2000, pinnacle ti, mojo). I will use these the rest of the season and see how it goes.

Funny when I played the chrome, I lost distance. weird.

I picked up 2 dzn today of the black. Can't beat it for the price. The place I frequent is also giving away 5 odyssey black putters randomly with purchase. Of course I was not a winner, but at least I had a chance. :)

These definitely feel on the firm side. Doesn't matter for me, the distances I'm seeing are great.

my 7 iron swing speed today was around 105 consistently and my driver was average 120 so i would think the blacks would fit me.... i dunno i guess im spoiled on softer balls. but i think the bridgestone feels so much better than the Blacks. but i would also play whatever ball was best for me. i usually buy a dozen of almost every ball thats come out in past years and i keep going back to bridgestone. i just had high hopes for these and honestly was pretty disappointed but the deal for premium balls right now is a steal and if you normally don't play them or spend that much i bet these would be a huge improvement.

my 7 iron swing speed today was around 105 consistently and my driver was average 120.

WOW that is some crazy fast swing speed. What do you hit from 150 out...a 60* lob wedge?

WOW that is some crazy fast swing speed. What do you hit from 150 out...a 60* lob wedge?

nope lob wedge is currently 75 yards. good news is i guess with all these people rushing and buying the Hex Black there will be plenty of good feedback in here on them in a week or 2.

Buckjob and his Internet SS...:confused2:

J/K, I know you swing fast dude. I plan on playing the Blacks against my Gamer V2's tomorrow, front 9 vs back 9.

Got 3 dozen from Edwin Watts on my lunch break.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Yeah, that's weird... They don't even show the Hex Black on their site anywhere...

Guess I'm not driving 20 minutes to there today to risk them not having them. I'll just order online.

I will be ordering a coulple dozen either tomorrow or monday. Can not pass this deal up especially since this is my #1 ball of choice!

I got mine at my club's pro shop. The sales lady could not explain to me how the sale works out so that the pro shop is not losing money, but its one of the few times I have supported them with any type of equipment purchase. They also had the $273 price on the RAZR Fit, but I already have one.

I thought Callaway reimburse the shop and stores for the difference.

TapAhoy!

I haven't played this ball in a while even though it was my gamer all spring. Just too expensive, but I'm thinking I'll pick up a dozen or two with the sale going on right now.

Oh, I know you werent. I will tell you this though. When the article hits, you will see some wonderful belts and we will be giving almost all of them away on the forum.

I figured Callaway would restock their retailers with however many $27.30 boxes they sold with that many low-cost boxes...

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I figured Callaway would restock their retailers with however many $27.30 boxes they sold with that many low-cost boxes...

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

me thinks you quoted something from another thread?

Back