Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

I have bought 2 dozen during the sale and I am loving them! I am seriiously considering buying a few more dozen before the sale ends. Some online retailers let you stack coupon codes on top of the sale price and that makes the price even more rediculous.

I bought 8 dozen and I'm thinking of getting more.

This ball was amazing for me at the MC 2.0. It responded exactly how I needed it too to play my best. Also picked up a few boxes for the $27.30 deal.

I have bought 2 dozen during the sale and I am loving them! I am seriiously considering buying a few more dozen before the sale ends. Some online retailers let you stack coupon codes on top of the sale price and that makes the price even more rediculous.

care to share?

I've got 4 dozen sitting here right now and I honestly thought about buying a few more. A good premium ball just can't be beat.

Love the Black! Performs great in every aspect. I bought 4 dozen and will be getting more before Sunday as well.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

how did they perform for you at the Morgan Cup? I bought a dozen after Els won and I'm excited to see what I should expect-I've been playing the tour iZ and I heard it knocks it out of the park

It doesn't knock the I(Z) out of the park, IMO. They perform very similar and durability might be slightly better for the Black but it's close, too. The real difference is in feel with the Black being much better (especially when putting). Make sure you come back in here after you've played the Black and give a rundown. I think Yoccos is the only other to comment on the 2 balls ITT but I'm on my phone and can't verify that.

Which retailer lets you stack codes? Most of them exclude almost everything but old stuff from their sales.

I played the Tour iz a bit before going to the Black and it's a lot different. They're similar off the tee but the big difference is around the green and how they perform off scoring irons and wedges. The feel less hard than the Tour iz and stop faster with less rollout than the iz as well. I think this ball will stay in my bag for awhile for sure

how did they perform for you at the Morgan Cup? I bought a dozen after Els won and I'm excited to see what I should expect-I've been playing the tour iZ and I heard it knocks it out of the park

I bought a dozen with the great sale (brilliant marketing idea btw). I've been on vacation (friggin right during the MC), but played twice and used the ball on the par 3s and non-dangerous par 4s (my driver has been terrible and didn't want to risk losing one so quickly). Well, the only missed greens I've had were ones where I hit the wrong club.

I've never been one to get a huge amount of spin on my attack irons, usually if I strike it well I'll hit bounce once or twice and stop. Only when I skull a 60° wedge would I ever stop it on a dime. In two partial rounds, I've had 3 wedges hit and roll back about 15cm. Awesome. The only thing I've noticed possibly as a downside for some is that they seem to fly a little less distance than my B330s or old Zstars. Not a big deal to me b/c if I still with them distance doesn't matter to me as much as consistency. About 5 yards shorter with my 8i down. Haven't hit enough long irons or drivers to know if the same thing holds with them.

P.S. love putting with them more than any ball but the yellow zstars. Just feel soft and smooth to me.

This ball was amazing for me at the MC 2.0. It responded exactly how I needed it too to play my best. Also picked up a few boxes for the $27.30 deal.

I will second that....I love this ball and it played well in the Morgan Cup.....I just ordered more myself....gotta stock up at that price!

Tim, I love the new name bro.....it's wicked cool!

I could not believe how these balls performed for me in Myrtle Beach. I was already impressed with the low driver spin and the high greenside spin, but once I got on that Bermuda grass I was even more impressed with the greenside spin on these. I don't think I had a chip from anywhere around the green that was farther than 2 feet from the hole all weekend. I knew exactly where to land it and it would just check and stop. It completely blew me away. Off the driver I was seeing more consistent bombs than ever before. I know the heat probably had something to do with it, but I had quite a few 300-yard bombs with this ball paired with the RAZR Fit driver. This ball will be staying in my bag for a long time, it is just unbelievable.

I could not believe how these balls performed for me in Myrtle Beach. I was already impressed with the low driver spin and the high greenside spin, but once I got on that Bermuda grass I was even more impressed with the greenside spin on these. I don't think I had a chip from anywhere around the green that was farther than 2 feet from the hole all weekend. I knew exactly where to land it and it would just check and stop. It completely blew me away. Off the driver I was seeing more consistent bombs than ever before. I know the heat probably had something to do with it, but I had quite a few 300-yard bombs with this ball paired with the RAZR Fit driver. This ball will be staying in my bag for a long time, it is just unbelievable.

No Sh*t!! That chip you hit on #14 was unreal, especially with that pin location and where you were. I still don't know how you got the ball to stop like that. Those wedges and that ball were your money makers bro! How do you find the durability to be?

Overall I find the durability to be amazing. It is kinda odd though...most of the time I can use a ball for an entire round without really seeing any scuffs, but then other times I will play one hole and notice the little cracks around the hex dimple. The "cracks" or whatever you want to call them don't effect performance at all, but they show up usually toward the end of a round. Maybe it was the high heat that caused them to do it a little sooner this weekend, but overall they are one of the most durable balls I've ever played.

I've been playing the Chrome all year, to my surprise. Figured I would play it in the late winter, early spring then move to the Black but the results have been so good I've just kept in in play. It surprisingly has really solid greenside performance, feels good off the putter and gives me the few extra yards off the tee that I was seeking. Having said that I've played the Black for a round and thought it was a great ball, just not enough to change over.

Overall I find the durability to be amazing. It is kinda odd though...most of the time I can use a ball for an entire round without really seeing any scuffs, but then other times I will play one hole and notice the little cracks around the hex dimple. The "cracks" or whatever you want to call them don't effect performance at all, but they show up usually toward the end of a round. Maybe it was the high heat that caused them to do it a little sooner this weekend, but overall they are one of the most durable balls I've ever played.

I always get those cracks on the edges of the dimples. I don't believe they affect performance at all.

Nor do I....I'm really impressed with the durability of this tour ball for sure

I always get those cracks on the edges of the dimples. I don't believe they affect performance at all.

The HEX Black has to be my favorite ball of all time, well at least for the 2-3 years I have been playing, haha.

Perhaps my prior comments about durability were misplaced then. I equated markings with durability. But I suppose if the ball is playing the same way it does not matter if it is scuffed/marked???

Now that the MC is over and I can play whichever ball I choose, I still will play the Callaway Black or Chrome. I'm learning toward the Chrome now as for whatever reason I seem to be having my good days with it over the Black. Plus I just love the yellow

Now that the MC is over and I can play whichever ball I choose, I still will play the Callaway Black or Chrome. I'm learning toward the Chrome now as for whatever reason I seem to be having my good days with it over the Black. Plus I just love the yellow
Good man ******. I will be stocking up on the Blacks right now at that price and I will be gaming them until they run out. Morgan Cup or not, I think Callaway has the best golf ball line in 2012.

the yellow treatment needs to come to the Black

Nor do I....I'm really impressed with the durability of this tour ball for sure

Yesterday was the first time I played with the Hex Black. Played with the same ball for the entire round (rare for me) and the ball looks brand new. I've never played a tour ball that was this durable. Extremely impressed with durability of this ball.

Perhaps my prior comments about durability were misplaced then. I equated markings with durability. But I suppose if the ball is playing the same way it does not matter if it is scuffed/marked???

I have found the Black to be very durable; the only major scuffs I have ever put on it have come from cart paths and I wouldn't expect any ball to come away clean after hitting asphalt. I have routinely taken chunks out of the cover of ProV's with wedges but I haven't seen this with the Black.

Tapped that...

I bought a dozen 3 days ago, they came in today so I played 18. After that I bought another dozen. They were that good. For me, 10 more yards over the ProV1 side by side. I hit the black straighter and had more roll. The Black also out-spun the ProV too.

Back