Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Im bringing the F7 out of retirement to see if I can regain its magic off the deck

Received my TF3 today and put it directly into the bag for my round today. Hit it a number of times. Struggled on the front, but had a couple really nice shots on the back.

First shot with it on the front 9 was a high push. Didn't go very far, and left me in the (short) right fairway bunker. Next two shots with it were hooked off the planet. Thought I was trying to swing too hard at it so I decided to try a nice easy swing off the tee on 9. Resulted in a low rope draw that rolled out a good amount 10 220-ish to the left side of the fairway. Wouldn't be too disappointed if I hadn't hit a (smashed) F5 15 yards past it. Not the greatest but a step in the right direction.

Didn't get a chance to use it again until later on the back 9. On 16, still trying to ease into it a little at a time, I was able to hit a nice shot down the right side of the fairway. Tiny little draw that rolled out to 242. This is one of the better shots I've had on this hole lately. Pulled it again for fun on 18. Laced another shot down the right side that drew back into the middle. Rolled out to about 260, which was a little bit up past my drive. I'd say that is what I'm looking for.

So I think I was trying to overpower the shaft on the first few holes. I'm pondering possibly throwing the Kusala in it, or maybe a PX like I have in the F5… Maybe even cutting it down a little to make it more like my F5 just with a lower loft. Either way, it's staying in the bag as-is for now. Want to see if I can keep seeing results like I saw on the back 9. My driver has been working well lately, but I love the idea of a slightly shorter, more consistent option off the tee.

Im bringing the F7 out of retirement to see if I can regain its magic off the deck

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the F7 a little today having the F5 and TF3 in the bag.

Last edited:
I might have to give the F7 a try someday.

Those are some big bombs jon...way to go

And thanks for the reminder on making sure f7 makes the vegas trip

I replaced mine with the 4i. Now I want to put it back in the bag.

The f7 was really the last non iron I hit well off the deck...this is probably a move I should have made awhile ago

The F7 (shafted with a D+ Whiteboard 72s) is in constant rotation with my 4 iron.

It's a fantastic little club for me providing a *towering* ballflight that sticks within a few paces of where it lands... it tends to be my 190-200yard club with an easy swing, which gaps well between my 5i and 20* LSP. It's also great out of the thicker stuff given the taller face and railed sole.

I firmly believe the F7 gives me waaaayyyy more options than the 4i and compliments the bag better, but I do enjoy a 4i now and again.

Still digging the TF3 off the tee. I do think that I'm gonna throw the Kusala in it though. Feel like it will tighten it up a bit for me.

I continue to wonder why I pulled the F5 out of the bag.

After watching my father hit his F3 and F7 on Sunday I decided to throw my TF3 back in the bag yesterday. I had been hitting the AMP Cell well off the tee, but like crap from the turf. Well in the 3-4 times I used this yesterday from the turf each time was better. Really makes me wonder why I ever regulated it to the bench earlier this year.

I love seeing how frequently these get thrown back into peoples bags. Speaks volumes about how solid these woods are.

I love seeing how frequently these get thrown back into peoples bags. Speaks volumes about how solid these woods are.

my dad never really buys golf equipment because either I buy stuff for him or just give him my hand me downs. I bought him an F7 last year for Christmas because it was a spot in his bag that needed attention. He had been hitting it so well that he went out an nabbed an F3 and he hits that well too. Something about this FW is special and it has remained that way for 2 seasons now.

After watching my father hit his F3 and F7 on Sunday I decided to throw my TF3 back in the bag yesterday. I had been hitting the AMP Cell well off the tee, but like crap from the turf. Well in the 3-4 times I used this yesterday from the turf each time was better. Really makes me wonder why I ever regulated it to the bench earlier this year.

You playing the stock shaft in that ddec?

I have to say that I'm still enjoying my F3 quite a bit. It doesn't get used as much now, since upgrading hybrids reduced the distance gap between my F3 and old hybrid, but I'm still pleased with it. At this point, it's probably the safest club in my bag.

Welcome pre-loved F5. :-D

Currently shafted with an incorrect flex Miyazaki, but a pretty S+ 72s is waiting patiently for when I find the time over the next few days.

If this club is as consistent as my F7 and 15 yards longer, I'm going to be one happy chappy...

Welcome pre-loved F5. :-D

Currently shafted with an incorrect flex Miyazaki, but a pretty S+ 72s is waiting patiently for when I find the time over the next few days.

If this club is as consistent as my F7 and 15 yards longer, I'm going to be one happy chappy...

Believe me, you will be. The F3 is one of the few clubs I have played that I just immediately got along with - put a good swing on this baby and you can count on that ball going exactly where you aimed it. The little bit of extra loft in these clubs compared to other fairways also means that they land nice and soft for a FW - for me, great for attacking greens when I'm around 210 or so out! It will be really tough for this one to get knocked out of the bag.

I do love my F3, I did have to replace the shaft because it was too whippy for me, but with the project X 6.0, this thing is loooong.

I still have difficulties off the deck but that is not all because of the club :)

TF3 is going to stay in the bag for a bit methinks. I'm getting pretty confident with it off the tee. Its nice having the added distance too. Was planning on throwing the Kusala in it, but may grab another PX for it so it matches the F5.

I got a TF3 from ryebread a few weeks ago. I have had three range sessions with it and was able to use it on the course this past weekend. I only used it 5 times on the course, all from the tee box, and the results were very good for me. The TF3 is definitely longer than the F3 as I was able to compare them side by side and it has a more piercing ball flight and rolls out more than the F3. For me the TF3 is about 15-20 yards longer from the tee box than the F3, I really don't think the TF3 carriers that much farther than than the F3, but it rolls out a lot more than the F3. I have not been able to hit any of the Mashie fairway woods from the fairway, but they are money from a very short tee for me. I currently have the TF3, F3 and the F7( the sleeper of the group for me, it is a very good club for longish par-3 holes) the F3 will probably go on the market pretty soon. I wanted to update my experience with the Mashie fairway woods, it's odd the F5 is the only one of these I have not tried and it seems to be everyone's favorite. I really think the Miyazaki shaft and the shorter shaft length along with the swing weight really works well for these clubs.

Last edited:
I got a TF3 from ryebread a few weeks ago. I have had three range sessions with it and was able to use it on the course this past weekend. I only used it from 5 times on the course, all from the tee box, and the results were very good for me. The TF3 is definitely longer than the F3 as I was able to compare them side by side and it has a more piercing ball flight and rolls out more than the F3. For me the TF3 is about 15-20 yards longer from the tee box than the F3, I really don't think the TF3 carriers that much farther than than the F3, but it rolls out a lot more than the F3. I have not been able to hit any of the Mashie fairway woods from the fairway, but they are money from a very short tee for me. I currently have the TF3, F3 and the F7( the sleeper of the group for me, it is a very good club for longish par-3 holes) the F3 will probably go on the market pretty soon. I wanted to update my experience with the Mashie fairway woods, it's odd the F5 is the only one of these I have not tried and it seems to be everyone's favorite. I really think the Miyazaki shaft and the shorter shaft length along with the swing weight really works well for these clubs.

majBC: Thanks for the update. Like you, I've had no luck with the F3 or TF3 from the fairway, but the TF3 was a nice tee club. The F7 was my favorite from the fairway.

majBC: Thanks for the update. Like you, I've had no luck with the F3 or TF3 from the fairway, but the TF3 was a nice tee club. The F7 was my favorite from the fairway.

After hitting the TF3 I really wish Cleveland would have made a Mashie driving type club with 11* or 12* loft with from 180cc to 240cc size club head and they could include or not include the rails, but I would prefer rails included. I guess it will never happen now as the Mashie line is history. Oh well.

I had some good shots with the TF3 in my last round. I hit it four times and hit two fairways on short par 4's and hit two greens on two longish par 3's. I can't say enough about this club and as I have said before the F7 is my sleeper club from this line, as it is also a very good club for me. I think the my F3 is going on the market, if anyone is interested let me know. It is a very good club as well, but the TF3 has pushed it out of my almost all Mashie bag.

Last edited:
Ft continues to be the only non iron I can hit well off the deck. Used it 4 times last week and it was solid 3 of the 4 times. Pen et rating flight in the 185 to 190 range which is expected this time of year. The one I did miss I almost killed 2 thpers with when it shot right but I'll focus more on the good ones.

I forgot how much I love the F5 until this week. My Amp cell driver was off for some reason so I stopped using it and teed off the remaining holes with my F5.
Yea, I lost about 35-45 yards but I hit 90% fairways!!! The F5 rocks. Looking for an F7 now just to tinker with.

Back