Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

I yoinked his Mashie and hit it to compare to my HiBore 15*, and I have to second this! Crushed it off the mat, can really feel the thinner face vs my trusty old HiBore. Tempting! But, would need to do a more thorough comparison before changing - maybe next time at GG I'll get on the monitor and see...

Do it man, these things are so freaking cheap right now

Said what the heck and just dropped off the F5 to be reshafted. Officially all in on the PX 6.0 experiment. The couple I hit with the 3W were bombed, so I don't foresee any issues. Should have a touch more control as well.

Said what the heck and just dropped off the F5 to be reshafted. Officially all in on the PX 6.0 experiment. The couple I hit with the 3W were bombed, so I don't foresee any issues. Should have a touch more control as well.

hopefully you see the same results from the 5. Does that mean you may have a spare C Kua in the near future?:alien:

I like the PX fairway shaft a lot man.. I prefer the tour issue a bit as it's a bit more tip stiff I think, but I really think the 6.0 fairway is top tier in other standard offerings.

Can't wait to see if it suits your game well.

hopefully you see the same results from the 5. Does that mean you may have a spare C Kua in the near future?:alien:

Technically 3 since I reshafted my Classic as well. You in need?

Technically 3 since I reshafted my Classic as well. You in need?

possibly. We can talk after your experiment though

I just picked one up off ebay for $30. I went with the stiff shaft because I thought the regular shaft in my Cleveland Classic driver was way too whippy, I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me but $30 isn't that bad for an experiment. I've put in alot of work and have really been trying to step my game up so I hope this club can help solve my 3 wood woes. I'm really hopeful from the positive reviews I've read in this thread.

I've been hitting both the 3 and 7 great again this week after struggling for about 4 rounds. I was just swinging too hard and lunging at times. Typical for long shots. Hawk was right when he told me they perform well out of the rough. I'd almost rather be hitting from our rough right now since our grass is dormant.

I just picked one up off ebay for $30. I went with the stiff shaft because I thought the regular shaft in my Cleveland Classic driver was way too whippy, I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me but $30 isn't that bad for an experiment. I've put in alot of work and have really been trying to step my game up so I hope this club can help solve my 3 wood woes. I'm really hopeful from the positive reviews I've read in this thread.

Congrats on the pickup. The C Kua is a great shaft, but can be a little whippy in the regular. Was for me when I tried the OG Mashie hybrids. Let us know how it works out for you.

I pulled the trigger on the F3 15.5 with the 59S C. Kua. Got it on GlobalGolf.com in Mint condition for $37.49 after getting 25% off for being a Lefty with promo code 'left25'. Also got a $15 gift card with the purchase b/c of the Cleveland promotion on the website.

I really can't wait to hit this club!

Does anyone know what the torque is on the Mashie F3 S59 miyazaki shaft in R-flex?
I know the code is 4422 but was looking for a torque rating that I can compare to other shafts.

Does anyone know what the torque is on the Mashie F3 S59 miyazaki shaft in R-flex?
I know the code is 4422 but was looking for a torque rating that I can compare to other shafts.

Here's their custom catalogue. The C Kua 59 in the Mashie isn't a made for, I think.

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/pdfs/2012_Custom_Catalog.pdf

Should have everything that you need. Number doesn't match what you have there though.

Thanks JonD I will have to look at it again but am pretty sure that was the code that was on my Mashie fairway woods. I wonder if maybe these Mashie woods may have had the hybrid shaft in them, although the hybrids I have do have a h on the shaft and the fairway woods had a w on the shaft thought those stood for hybrid shaft and wood shaft respectively.

Last edited:
Could be. I just checked my C Kuas out of the Mashies, and they didn't match that doc either. The IFC on mine is 6643 and the doc lists 5674. Maybe that's just the driver shafts? I'm not sure TBH with you. Maybe someone more in the know than I can clear it up for you.

Got some time in with a f5 this weekend, mikey likey...I could see this being a purchase in the upcoming months

Gosh I luv this club.

Today I had a 219 second shot to the green on a par 5. My drive faded a bit so I was off the fairway on this dog leg right. In order to go for the green I would have to hit over someone's screen porch. I decided to hit just left of the porch and fade it back. It was a blind shot on a hilly course. The ball went as planned and landed on a narrow part of the center of the fairway about 8 yards in front of the green. Couldn't have drawn it up any better.

well i bought the F3 a while back thanks to the feedback here...i liked it so much i purchased the F7 (for $31!). Ive taken it to the range 3 times now and i am blown away. Such an easy club to hit...some of you guys were calling it a cheater stick and i couldnt agree more. Misses out on the toe were still flying straight and with great distance as well. So hard to hit this thing poorly. The best thing is, its replacing a 3 hybrid (original mashie) and ive yet to hit a single hook which was so common with the M3 for me. This club fits my swing so well. Really looking forward to having this in my bag this upcoming season and i can see this easily becoming my favorite club.

If they made a 9 wood version of this i couldnt hand them my money fast enough...lol

well i bought the F3 a while back thanks to the feedback here...i liked it so much i purchased the F7 (for $31!). Ive taken it to the range 3 times now and i am blown away. Such an easy club to hit...some of you guys were calling it a cheater stick and i couldnt agree more. Misses out on the toe were still flying straight and with great distance as well. So hard to hit this thing poorly. The best thing is, its replacing a 3 hybrid (original mashie) and ive yet to hit a single hook which was so common with the M3 for me. This club fits my swing so well. Really looking forward to having this in my bag this upcoming season and i can see this easily becoming my favorite club.

If they made a 9 wood version of this i couldnt hand them my money fast enough...lol

Glad you are seeing success with these clubs. I too have the F3 and the F7, and have recently fallen in love with the F5, so much so that Im contemplating picking that up too

Hit the F5 with the PX 6.0 in it before my lesson yesterday. Still seeing a good mid-high ball flight, that I can manipulate by not hitting down on it as much. Shaft feels nice and solid, and TBH I like the little bit of extra weight. I think it's gonna be a good combo.

That is great to hear. I really wish they made the F7 in LH. I would have had one in my bag a long time ago if they did.

thebread if you no longer need the M3 I might be interested in it. I like the hybrids better than the fairway woods. What is the flex and PM me if you would consider a trade or sale.

Last edited:
Can anyone advise on tip size of the Mashie FWs?

I may consider a shaft change on the F7 at some stage...

*Sigh*... it's written on the shaft.

350 tip.

does anyone know if the mashie fairway woods are low spin, high spin or about middle of the road spin heads?

Last edited:
Back