I’ve always struggled with driver, so one of the most surprising stats for me at the end of 2023 is that I’m actually gaining strokes off the tee with the Aerojet Max. It has been fantastic and my misses are MUCH more playable these days. I can still lose my swing at times, but even then, the AJ Max does a great job at keeping things in play. Looking forward to hitting even more fairways in 24!

I am back to swinging the driver well again after a few down months, and the Aerojet (standard) has picked up right where it left off. I am back to being able to be confident taking a line, and finding consistent distance. The Aerojet is an all time driver for me. What a great design and execution.

I am back to swinging the driver well again after a few down months, and the Aerojet (standard) has picked up right where it left off. I am back to being able to be confident taking a line, and finding consistent distance. The Aerojet is an all time driver for me. What a great design and execution.
Darkspeed is coming. Going to give you another great choice, if you choose to upgrade. I know you have some experience with it from October.

I'm still a bit upset that I got my Max with the Kai'li Blue instead of White. I figured at the time that Blue should be more for my swing speed, despite liking the White more when demoing.

And I got the Max with 30% off with the Blue. But I need to be really calm and smooth with the Blue to not lose it right or hook left.

When I do hit it in any way decently, it's great!

Need to be smarter with the Darkspeed.

Someone sent me a pic of their new Aerojet they got in sale somewhere for $329 today. That's insane. I know everyone is excited about the new stuff but some don't want to pay for the newest thing. So don't forget about these. With all the tech and performance an Aerojet on sale for a hundred more than that is an absolute steal.

With all the focus on the new Darkspeed release, I would be remiss not to talk about my experience with the Aerojet today. Today was the first event in my member-member, playing from the forward tees for a 9 hole scramble.

I absolutely hammered the Aerojet today. I had several drives that left us less than 80 yards from the hole. The Aerojet is a fantastic. Easy to hit and a ton of ball speed. I couldn’t recommend this driver any more, especially now that they are $400.

I had an excellent day driving the ball yesterday with the Aerojet, and had a great session today on the range while I wait for my round to start. I know there is a new model out now, but the Aerojet is undeniably an excellent driver.

The confidence this club has given me, especially with the side misses, has literally changed my game for the better. I’m getting more birdie looks and just overall enjoying the game way more.

And honestly, I would bet that the Aerojet is better than some 2024 releases.

Yes, this is a Generation Old now and was on Fence about Reviewing, not to mention not a lot of Range time due to Mother's Health and my Back issues. This Club is too good to ignore if you want to save some $$$$$.
Two caveats... I Won this during Xmas Giveaways (Thanks THP), and it came with Stiff Shaft (I play Reg)
I have been to Range 3 times now hitting a few shots (thanks Doc) with my Son hitting most. To be fair, I reinstalled Ping Stock Stiff Shaft in my Gamer Ping G400 Max 9deg to go up against UST Mamiya Helium 5F4 in Cobra. The Ping Shaft still felt like a Board to me but the Helium surprised me in that it had more Flex to it and was able to "Work" the Ball some. I took several short Turns (about 15 Balls each) hitting Wedge, 6 Iron, then UW 17 deg. Finally started hitting Drivers, here again only 4 for each Driver for each turn. That worked out to only 8 for Ping and 10 for Cobra so I would not reinjure Back. Three separate Weeks to get a feel for new Driver. There was no need since the Cobra was better than the Ping the very 1st time out, more forgiving, longer by 12 yrds, and sounded better (not something I care about...but.)
Not much Data for proper Review but both were hit with same Back troubles roughly same amount of hits. I will say the Stiff Helium felt better than the Ping Shaft but I was able to hit both well with my limited rotation.
On a great note, just got my fav TM Shaft back from my Fitter with Cobra Tip installed. Cant wait to try it next Week.

20240123_124401.jpg20240123_124513.jpg20240123_124548.jpg20240123_124635.jpg

Moved above posts by @4hourrule to Aerojet thread

Thankyou Sir, that was a bit long so wasn't sure.

Small update on this wonderful Driver.
Played 18 with my Son to see how Back would do (Meh). Still can't Swing freely but was able to go 15 with little pain.
Waited till second hole to hit the AeroJet and was so happy. Have my TMade Shaft in it and it felt like home. 1st Swing and hit it way out on Toe and yet only lost 15 yards and no Gear Effects hooking left, Wow. Even though not nearly at full Swing speeds Ball was landing close to my prior Gamer (400Max) and 1 shot surpassed it by 10 yrds. So looking forward to a pain free round to see what this Club can really do.
P.S. That best Drive was on a Par 5 and left me with 186 Dogleg left. Hooded 6 and I fronted Green. Just gorgeous 17069631084675507371515015107606.jpg

The Aerojet Max performed really well for me this past weekend. Played Pinehurst #3 on Saturday and even though the course was short, I was feeling pretty good about the driver, so I ended up hitting driver from the tee on 10 holes. I hit the fairway on 6 of those 10. At Southern Pines, I hit 10 of 14 fairways and I managed to get a few out there to distances I haven't seen in awhile. I really can't say enough good things about this driver. It has just been so good for me.

The Aerojet Max performed really well for me this past weekend. Played Pinehurst #3 on Saturday and even though the course was short, I was feeling pretty good about the driver, so I ended up hitting driver from the tee on 10 holes. I hit the fairway on 6 of those 10. At Southern Pines, I hit 10 of 14 fairways and I managed to get a few out there to distances I haven't seen in awhile. I really can't say enough good things about this driver. It has just been so good for me.
Nothing worse than the feeling you get when you put a new Driver in play expecting great results, and you get the opposite. Not with this Driver, it's beyond my expectations.

After hitting DarkSpeed this one just doesn't feel the same haha

Nothing worse than the feeling you get when you put a new Driver in play expecting great results, and you get the opposite. Not with this Driver, it's beyond my expectations.
Yeah, it's been good from the start and just seems to get better and better for me. Going to be really hard for anything to knock it out of the bag.

Yeah, it's been good from the start and just seems to get better and better for me. Going to be really hard for anything to knock it out of the bag.
Not even Darkspeed LS?

After hitting DarkSpeed this one just doesn't feel the same haha
I was talking to the guys earlier about getting out tomorrow and this very thought hit me. The speed and forgiveness I saw when trying DarkSpeed X was phenomenal. It turned "garbage in - garbage out" on it's head.

Not even Darkspeed LS?
I guess I should've added other than Darkspeed. lol Darkspeed Max is my biggest temptation right now. I've hit most of the new drivers, except the new Taylormade, and the Darkspeed Max was the only one that I saw a really consistent gain over my AJ Max. Not saying the others aren't good, just that my AJ has been that good for me. The Darkspeed is something else though.

When I was looking at the PGA SS last weekend, one of the guys working there told me "the best driver out this year is right over there," and pointed to the Darkspeed. He said based on his experience and seeing customers try it, it was the best of the bunch this year.

I did/do really like the crown of the AJ and wouldn't mind giving the Max a go just to have something different

I was able to get out and hit some balls today, albeit into a net. Man I love the Aerojet Max driver. The sound and feel of it are soo good. Can't wait to get back on course with it here soon.

I’ve been itching to get the Aerojet LS out of the bag but I just don’t know if I can do it. Combining it with the Chrome Tour ball has been nothing short of awesome. I had another really good round with it today and hit some impressive drives. It’s going to be hard to get this out of the bag for sure!

Let's see
Taylormade Titanium- 3 yrs of play
Taylormade R7- 5 yrs of play
Ping G400 Max- 4 yrs of play
Cobra AeroJet Max- new record maybe.
I say "of play" since there were gaps where I didn't play at all.

Hello my old friend Aerojet Max. Early March in Minnesota with courses open. Lucky enough to get a weekend teetime amongst the crazies. Old friend did not disappoint. Played 1 ball the whole round and had maybe two drives that were semi trouble left. Rest were fairway or just off. Not too concerned with distance this early in the year with course conditions.
Just point and shoot reliable.

Back