Haven't been able to play much but when I do the AeroJet Max has kept me out of trouble even with my bad swings right now. Reviewers are saying the Dark is even better.o_O

So I was lucky enough to win the Aerojet head that @Pops so generously raffled off. Today was the first day I was able to hit it outside. I have read all the reviews about how impressive this club head is and I would have to agree. The club did not disappoint at all. Even though it is early March and the swing is rusty, I was very happy with the ball flight and overall feel of the club head. The ball just seemed to jump off the face and there were several balls that just seemed to carry forever.
Might be the “honeymoon” period, might not. All I can say is I’m really looking forward to playing more rounds with this club and hopefully seeing more of what I did today.

So I was lucky enough to win the Aerojet head that @Pops so generously raffled off. Today was the first day I was able to hit it outside. I have read all the reviews about how impressive this club head is and I would have to agree. The club did not disappoint at all. Even though it is early March and the swing is rusty, I was very happy with the ball flight and overall feel of the club head. The ball just seemed to jump off the face and there were several balls that just seemed to carry forever.
Might be the “honeymoon” period, might not. All I can say is I’m really looking forward to playing more rounds with this club and hopefully seeing more of what I did today.
Glad you finally had a chance to get it outside.

Seems like I keep hearing Cobra isn't easy to find so this is a PSA. If you are in the market for a new driver and want to save a few bucks don't sleep on this one. Since the newest version has been released you can find these at a reduced price. It is a fantastic driver and at times gets overshadowed by some other brands which is unfortunate. Its fast, sounds great and looks great behind the ball. Not all drivers can say that haha

Hit up the range today, only took a few swings with this driver but man was it on point today. It’s must know Darkspeed is lurking

When I swung my AJ Max after the Darkspeed this week, it must have know it's time was up and it was trying to showcase for the moment it's put on the waiver list. It did really well!

Hit up the range today, only took a few swings with this driver but man was it on point today. It’s must know Darkspeed is lurking
I’m interested to see and hear how they compare for ya.

Aerojet Max was the star of the show today. 11/14 fairways and the misses weren’t bad at all. Felt like I couldn’t miss with this thing and I’m not sure I’ve ever said that about a driver.

So true about Fairway Finder. I've never had a 10.5 Head before but I'm liking it alot right not with my Swing Speed so low. Never know what my Back will create when I swing but the Max takes it in stride and says, " I got your Back". 😉

Played in a 9 hole men's game yesterday and hit 6/7 fairways with the AJ Max. The lone miss was about 3 yards into the rough and I still had a great line at the green. Since putting this club in the bag, my game off the tee has just gotten better and better. Everything else yesterday was pretty rusty, but the driver was money!

I wonder how the Aerojet would compare to some of the competitor models from this year. Having his a couple, I think the Aerojet would still be a top 3 driver of 2024, assuming the Darkspeed was excluded.

I wonder how the Aerojet would compare to some of the competitor models from this year. Having his a couple, I think the Aerojet would still be a top 3 driver of 2024, assuming the Darkspeed was excluded.
I've hit most of the new ones. I think the TM Qi10 is the only one I haven't been able to put a few swings on yet. I hit my AJ to get a baseline and honestly it was right there with every one of them. Now, dialing in shafts or going to a 12* loft might get a few extra yards out of the newer models, but if I were buying a new driver right now, I don't know that I would pass up the the Aerojet at $349. Assuming Darkspeed was excluded, of course. The Darkspeed is the only one that showed notable gains for me and at $549 it's a real temptation for me. It was also a small sample size as I didn't get a ton of time with any of them. I'd like to have more time to try different shafts and see how they all perform.

I've hit most of the new ones. I think the TM Qi10 is the only one I haven't been able to put a few swings on yet. I hit my AJ to get a baseline and honestly it was right there with every one of them. Now, dialing in shafts or going to a 12* loft might get a few extra yards out of the newer models, but if I were buying a new driver right now, I don't know that I would pass up the the Aerojet at $349. Assuming Darkspeed was excluded, of course. The Darkspeed is the only one that showed notable gains for me and at $549 it's a real temptation for me. It was also a small sample size as I didn't get a ton of time with any of them. I'd like to have more time to try different shafts and see how they all perform.
I had the same experience. I hit the AJ just as well as any other offering except two. One was the Darkspeed and the other can probably be guessed. If I didn't get the Darkspeed, I would get the Aero Jet right now.

I had the same experience. I hit the AJ just as well as any other offering except two. One was the Darkspeed and the other can probably be guessed. If I didn't get the Darkspeed, I would get the Aero Jet right now.
Yeah, at $349, the AJ is a freaking steal right now. I'm tempted by the Darkspeed, but the AJ has been on fire the last few rounds and I'm scared to make a change. lol

I mean $550 is getting close to a new set of Irons. Just can't see spending that kind of $$$ on one Club.
OK, let the Wipping commence. 😀

I mean $550 is getting close to a new set of Irons. Just can't see spending that kind of $$$ on one Club.
OK, let the Wipping commence. 😀
That's fair. New drivers are pretty pricey, but fortunately most manufacturers keep selling their prior year clubs for a bit. Selection might not be as good, but if someone is looking for a new driver and can't or simply doesn't want to pay $550-$600 for the latest and greatest, a prior model like the Aerojet is a great option.

I swear this driver must know I keep looking at the new Darkspeed. Played a quick 9 this afternoon and hit 6/7 fairways. Once again, the lone miss was just a few yards into the rough. Of course, the rest of my game is pretty rough right now, but at least I'm hitting fairways!

I need to download my data from yesterdays 9 holes but its been a few months since I’ve hit this driver outside. was reminded how good this setup is for me yesterday. Was seeing good launch and carry even in chilly windy conditions. Got away with some towards the toe that didn’t turn over like one might expect. Such an underrated driver

This Driver keeps surprising me. 12th Hole Par 5. Back starting to hurt but hit a nice one on wet Fairway. 240 un it's own pitch mark. This is considering partial Back-Swing with casual follow thru. 205 Dogleg left to go. Hood a 5 Iron to 10 feet on front of Green.
It was a Mud Fest that day and NO forgiving if hit Fat.

I enjoy having this driver in the bag. It's the first time in a long time that I've felt driver could be the strongest part of my game. I love the way it looks, feels at impact and sends shots high and far. My percentage of fairways hit is way up.

If you want a fantastic driver but don't want to pay current year prices, this is one you should try.

I enjoy having this driver in the bag. It's the first time in a long time that I've felt driver could be the strongest part of my game. I love the way it looks, feels at impact and sends shots high and far. My percentage of fairways hit is way up.

If you want a fantastic driver but don't want to pay current year prices, this is one you should try.
So true, what loft are you playing?

This is the end of my very happy journey with the Aerojet Max 10.5. It's getting churned to the next happy person to pay for this expensive hobby of ours. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the DS X kicked it out of the bag handily, but not without a fight. It's still an awesome driver and I'm happy to have owned one.

This is the end of my very happy journey with the Aerojet Max 10.5. It's getting churned to the next happy person to pay for this expensive hobby of ours. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the DS X kicked it out of the bag handily, but not without a fight. It's still an awesome driver and I'm happy to have owned one.
That's saying a LOT if it kicked the Max out, this thing is so fargiving 😀 and the sound is fantastic.

That's saying a LOT if it kicked the Max out, this thing is so fargiving 😀 and the sound is fantastic.
I put it up against the Max in the sim and compared it also to what I remember of last year. The Aerojet Max is crazy forgiving toe side. Like stupidly so. The DS X, at least with the weight back has improved heel side significantly. And I'd dare say, sounds better in addition to being faster.

If not for being a geardo and the Morgan Cup, I would've happily gamed the AJ Max. The AJ was an improvement for me over the standard LTDx.

Back