Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

That is correct. Foam like

So is it the standard golf grip material or something else? not sure if you were referring to the smoothness or actual material.

So is it the standard golf grip material or something else? not sure if you were referring to the smoothness or actual material.

Its like a soft foam.

Its like a soft foam.

Thanks...very interesting. I need to go find a press release from them and see if they mention it and why they did it. Guess it makes it very comfy to grip it and rip it which sounds like the intent with Long Tom!

Here is the standard grip per their website - same as what you have in hand JB?

us11g-long-tom.jpg

I don't think my big paws would fit on that little thing....grip change would be a must for me

Here is the standard grip per their website - same as what you have in hand JB?

us11g-long-tom.jpg

No, this is a Raw prototype and it has a soft foam unmarked grip on it.

Thanks...very interesting. I need to go find a press release from them and see if they mention it and why they did it. Guess it makes it very comfy to grip it and rip it which sounds like the intent with Long Tom!

I think the PR said they wanted the lightest grip possible.

This driver is rather intriguing. Really cool of Cobra to send THP a raw version just to get it in hand quick! :D

Thanks JB for the pic. Wow, when I put the whole package together, raw head, dark foam grip and dark shaft, in my mind ... that is a mean looking club. grr!

I do have a question about it, does it sit a little "flatter", I would think that with the added length, it would have to, or the toe would be way up in the air.

I do have a question about it, does it sit a little "flatter", I would think that with the added length, it would have to, or the toe would be way up in the air.

It appears to slightly.

Hit this yesterday. Not as loud as some of their line, but certainly not going to be confused sound wise for the Razr Hawk. When hit well, it goes quite well...We had 3 guys hit it, and all but one, struggled with the "high and rights".

Hit this yesterday. Not as loud as some of their line, but certainly not going to be confused sound wise for the Razr Hawk. When hit well, it goes quite well...We had 3 guys hit it, and all but one, struggled with the "high and rights".

Do you think that'll be a common miss with not getting the shaft all the way through the shot which may leave the club face open a tad?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Do you think that'll be a common miss with not getting the shaft all the way through the shot which may leave the club face open a tad?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Possibly. I think more testing is needed to determine that first though.

Interesting. When hit quite well, can you give an idea of how much longer it was compared to your current driver?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I really would love to give this a few swings, I have a hard time hitting longer shafts so I cant imagine what I would do with this. Interesting driver for sure

High and right sounds bad for a guy like me. How did it feel to swing? Was it awkward?

High and right sounds bad for a guy like me. How did it feel to swing? Was it awkward?

The first few I choked up by an inch or so, so it seemed similar to the SuperFast 2.0. Once I gauged the feel of the club and shaft, I went for it. The first 2 were pretty good. The second few were not so good.

High and right isnt ideal. I feel like 3 inches more than I already have in my driver would prove very troublesome for me

What did the other golfers think of the look?

How did the grip feel JB? That foam looking thing has got me just as confused as the length and name lol

Heck, I've got the high and rights with my PW, so I suppose I should stay away from the Long Tom. haha!
Hope they have one at an outdoor demo day next spring... I'd like to at least give one a swing.

What did the other golfers think of the look?

The guys really liked the raw look and I think the finished product will be even better.

How did the grip feel JB? That foam looking thing has got me just as confused as the length and name lol

It worked fine for what it was. The regular production grip will be better I have a feeling.

Heck, I've got the high and rights with my PW, so I suppose I should stay away from the Long Tom. haha!
Hope they have one at an outdoor demo day next spring... I'd like to at least give one a swing.

I know one demo day that will have one out there next spring.

Back