COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

The Agera was really good to me last round out. 30 putts on total,which wasn't the best ever, but when I needed a putt a got it. Was able to find the bottom if the cup and put 3 birdies on the card. Been close all year, but this round finally got some to drop! Had a really good save late in the round too. Hit above the hole on a green that slopes down quite a bit. Was able to sink the putt of about 30 feet. This putt highlights what I love about the Agera. For a large mallet, I think it gives you good touch for these tricky putts. Gets the ball rolling well, so you can use that to better your distance control.

Lag putts were good on all but the first hole. I made the birdie putt opportunities when I was within 7 feet. But more importantly, i continue to gain in confidence each round out.
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Rolled an Agera at the shop last weekend and if I were to switch to a smaller mallet, I think this would be the one. Agree with you on the distance control piece - occasionally with a larger putter I have a tendency to blow it past the hole but even on the lightning fast carpet at the store those longer lag putts seemed pretty easy. Interested to see if this one is getting a new generation of 3D printed hotness.

Unfortunately I do manual putting mode with shotscope so hopefully someone else can chime in
Doesn’t that still require a sensor?

BTW very cool to get on the experience.

Okay. Now that I have my new putter with an Arccos sensor stuck in it, how the frig to I put my ShotScope sensor on?
I have never had a ShotScope sensor break in my bag so I don’t have experiences with have to cobble something up for it.
I’m probably going to pull the Super Stroke off and replace with a Garson Quad anyway. But what do I do until then?
I glued my shot scope sensor to the end if the putter grip. Snipped off most of the screw stem, leaving just enough to fit in the hole before hitting the weight.

As for the Arccos sensor, I've cut out and removed one before. Just use a sharp blade to cut the grip around the sensor, them remove.

Rolled an Agera at the shop last weekend and if I were to switch to a smaller mallet, I think this would be the one. Agree with you on the distance control piece - occasionally with a larger putter I have a tendency to blow it past the hole but even on the lightning fast carpet at the store those longer lag putts seemed pretty easy. Interested to see if this one is getting a new generation of 3D printed hotness.
The roll the Agera, and all these Cobra putters with SIK face, put on the ball is really good. My distance control has never been better. And if I can just improve my green reading, I'm excited about the possibilities in 2024.

No manual putting mode doesn't require a sensor

No manual putting mode doesn't require a sensor
Then I’ll be switching to manual mode until I make the grip change.
I already card my putting distances what’s in another tweak to get better data.

Not, at least for me I use the shotscope watch so as I bend down to align the ball I click on the watch to register the putt.

I laughed a little when the Agera is considered a smaller mallet.

I laughed a little when the Agera is considered a smaller mallet.
I was hoping someone was going to pick up on that, and you did not disappoint 😂.
High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

I was hoping someone was going to pick up on that, and you did not disappoint 😂.
High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee
I was wondering what kind of mallet you might have played before...haha

T
Okay. Now that I have my new putter with an Arccos sensor stuck in it, how the frig to I put my ShotScope sensor on?
I have never had a ShotScope sensor break in my bag so I don’t have experiences with have to cobble something up for it.
I’m probably going to pull the Super Stroke off and replace with a Garson Quad anyway. But what do I do until then?
The Arccos sensor can also be dug out with a flathead screwdriver, at least from the normal integrated grips on irons. Then cut of the stud from the Shotscope sensor and twist it in. I've done a couple of sets like this. But no experience if the putter is attached differently.

Now that I have my new putter with an Arccos sensor stuck in it, how the frig to I put my ShotScope sensor on?
Cut the screw off and glue the sensor to the top of the grip.

Or, change grips.

In a sport where you’re always looking for something new…I’m back to my trusty Nova 40

My son, @Itscheddarbob said I could use his SC X5, probably my dream putter

After a couple rounds, it didn’t magister transform my game and yesterday played the Nova 40 again.

The Nova just feels perfect in my hands and starts the ball on my line better than any of the 5 putters I’ve tried in the past 18 months 👊🏼

As mentioned, you should be able to remove the Arcoss sensor. Big YMMV, but you might be able to get the Shot Scope sensor secured in the Arcoss sensor port. I do this on my JumboMax Tour grips.

If you don't like manual mode, you can also do PinCollect without a sensor and move the putts to the correct locations after the round.

Brought the OG Supernova out today. I still absolutely love this putter. Was rolling a different putter in the fall, because, well, experiencing different equipment is fun, but this thing just holds its line for me. Had 8 one-putts over 12 holes, including a pair from outside 10’.

I hit one comically close to the heel with the Supernova two days ago and it still rolled to the hole. We are talking in the Shank zone if it was a swing club. The tech with the 3D printing and tungsten perimeter weighting is so good.

I really enjoyed using this thing in 2023. Down in the basement rolling some putts today. Dreaming about spring
IMG_2584.jpeg

My putting remains the most consistent part of my game right now, and I am not practicing it at all these days. I have putted so well with the Cobra Widesport that I haven't thought about even trying another putter. Ever since I put in the UST Mamiya All In shaft, its like I unlocked TigerVision. There isnt a putt that I stand over without thinking that I have a chance to sink it.

While I am excited to see what 2024 brings with respect to Cobra putters, this Widesort is going to be tough to beat. I found some success with the Odyssey 5k Triple Wide before getting the Widesport, but I think the Widesport has performed better for me, has a more compact shape, and puts a better roll on the ball.

My putting remains the most consistent part of my game right now, and I am not practicing it at all these days. I have putted so well with the Cobra Widesport that I haven't thought about even trying another putter. Ever since I put in the UST Mamiya All In shaft, its like I unlocked TigerVision. There isnt a putt that I stand over without thinking that I have a chance to sink it.

While I am excited to see what 2024 brings with respect to Cobra putters, this Widesort is going to be tough to beat. I found some success with the Odyssey 5k Triple Wide before getting the Widesport, but I think the Widesport has performed better for me, has a more compact shape, and puts a better roll on the ball.
I regret not going with the Widesport. I chose the Grandsport because of the plumbers neck.

I regret not going with the Widesport. I chose the Grandsport because of the plumbers neck.
I had the Grandsport pre-MC and I am glad I went Widesport. Like you, I was a fan of the plumbers neck. But once my eye adjusted, I roll the Widesport so much more consistently.

I had the Grandsport pre-MC and I am glad I went Widesport. Like you, I was a fan of the plumbers neck. But once my eye adjusted, I roll the Widesport so much more consistently.
I talked myself out of the Widesport because of the hosel. I'd like to see what Cobra offers in the future as far as the Widesport.

I've been rolling the Stingray-40 in the house against my previous gamer and a couple of other putters I have. I am seeing a more consistent roll and am making more putts between 4 and 8 feet with it. I'm very curious about what Cobra has to offer this year but it'll take a lot to get the Stingray out of my bag.

I've been rolling the Stingray-40 in the house against my previous gamer and a couple of other putters I have. I am seeing a more consistent roll and am making more putts between 4 and 8 feet with it. I'm very curious about what Cobra has to offer this year but it'll take a lot to get the Stingray out of my bag.
what is your process for the in home comparison?

Back