This should be a good topic, so figured I would start a new thread with it.

I tend to die it in, which explains my miss if often short. I get a little gun shy of running it by 2 or more feet.

I try to putt at a pace that will leave a miss a foot or less past the hole, but I’m often unsuccessful.

I'm definitely a die it in putter. Usually when I make a longer putt I feel like it should have stopped two or three times on its way to the cup :LOL:

Depends on the putt I suppose. If it’s shorter with minimal break I might try to hit the break out meaning it’ll obviously roll by if missed, but if it has a lot of break I’ll die it in as it makes the area to roll it in wider in my mind.

My ultimate goal for “makable” putts is to run it past the hole, but keep the comeback putt within 18”. Since I’ve gone to remote work I don’t get to practice this much anymore, and I’m back leaving stuff short all the time.

I tend to be aggressive and usually run them past the hole.

"Never up, never in."
"99% of the putts that don't make it to the hole never drop. "
"Bang it through the break."
I guess I am a hit it past kind of guy.
There is absolutely no excuse for not making it to the hole other than a decided lack of testosterone. ;)

I am a die it in guy. I used to be aggressive but I prefer a short miss to a long one because when I go long it goes way past. :ROFLMAO:

I'm a die it into the hole kind of putter, hence a lot of my misses are short.

Prefer to die it. At the most a foot past. A lot of ppl I play with don't seem to mind if it runs 3-4 feet past. That gives me anxiety haha

It really depends on the speed of the greens for me. Fast greens I am a die in the hole guy; slow greens I make it a point to give it a good run.

Ideally I would like to get it at least 6 inches by the hole, most of the time I need to imagine a foot past because I hit it short often.

Depends on the putt I suppose. If it’s shorter with minimal break I might try to hit the break out meaning it’ll obviously roll by if missed, but if it has a lot of break I’ll die it in as it makes the area to roll it in wider in my mind.
This is my strategy as well

I usually die it in the hole.

Reactions: Ooo
In casual rounds i run it past.....i tend to leave it short too much in events.

I believe the proper speed, determined by science, is something like almost a foot past the hole

I prefer to die it in the hole but that sometimes gets me in trouble on short putts

I like to die it in the hole because I’m afraid of hitting it 4-6 ft past and bringing the 3putt into play. Then I really chicken out and leave it 4 ft short and 3putt anyway

Try and die it in

I typically Die it in because I like to end with a tap in... would love to be confident enough in my putting to be able putt it past the hole and give every putt a chance to go in

Definitely die it in. My pace is pretty terrible so that helps me keep my 3 putts equally balanced between leaving it short and blasting it by the hole.

I try to die it in and often come up short. This is something I feel I need to work on

I try to run it a foot or two past the hole. I’m not scared of having a 3-4 for putt if I do run it by a little further. I hate leaving a putt short that would be in. The exception would be if it’s on a severe side or downhill slope or if there is a shelf just past the hole.

Back