Seriously - that ZX MkII is legit! Sets up to the ball nicely, didn't make me feel like I was going to yank it off the planet. Probably hit it 20 feet higher than my highest 6 iron. I'm sold.
You have to put that in your bag.

Enabler!

There are a couple out there on 2nd Swing. Would love to see them drop just a bit in price. Maybe by next Spring!

That’s the move. I have an alert for them. If I see one for a good deal I’ll pm you.

Enabler!

There are a couple out there on 2nd Swing. Would love to see them drop just a bit in price. Maybe by next Spring!
Think they are running 10% off right now….

winter gives you sim time to get comfortable with it… just saying

Think they are running 10% off right now….

winter gives you sim time to get comfortable with it… just saying
There will be used ones that pop up for cheap. I found mine for like a 1/3 the price in a senior flex.

That thing is so dang fantastic though. First swing love.

G425 30* 6 hybrid Lin Q Black 100F4 tipped 2" -1/2" from stock - replaced stock weight to 16g - flat setting stock loft

One of my favorite clubs 20231112_091112.jpg20231112_091131.jpg

5 and 6 came as hybrids in my set.

Whenever I can’t hold the green hitting my 6i, I will.

I like irons too much to go hybrid past 4h. I like that there are options for those that like the hybrids that deep though. Good to have options.

@Jman 's review of the Halo XL has renewed my interest in rethinking my bag setup below the 7 iron.

Do those of you playing a 6h usually put a 5h in the bag too? Anybody gap from 4 to 6?

@Jman 's review of the Halo XL has renewed my interest in rethinking my bag setup below the 7 iron.

Do those of you playing a 6h usually put a 5h in the bag too? Anybody gap from 4 to 6?
When I played a 28* LTDx 6h into a 24* Tec 5h that produced a nice gap. In general the 3, 4, 5 hybrid range is where I can see smaller gaps than I’d like in the same lineup. So I’d be much more likely to go 6h-5h-3h than 6h-4h

When I played a 28* LTDx 6h into a 24* Tec 5h that produced a nice gap. In general the 3, 4, 5 hybrid range is where I can see smaller gaps than I’d like in the same lineup. So I’d be much more likely to go 6h-5h-3h than 6h-4h
That makes sense to me. My only pause is that sometimes a 3h can be a little tough to elevate. Maybe something like the HL AI Smoke or the HyWood would be worth looking at down there.

That makes sense to me. My only pause is that sometimes a 3h can be a little tough to elevate. Maybe something like the HL AI Smoke or the HyWood would be worth looking at down there.
For sure, that 3h spot is a tricky one, I’m not sure I’ve ever had it perfect

I am back and forth with my 6 iron. If I swing it smooth it's plenty club and does what it needs to do. If I get muscular and try to HIT it I stink but that's all my clubs....

I do have an 11 wood I hit from time to time, but I mainly use it around the greens for bump and run.

That’s where I am at. Currently it feels like my RadSpeed 4-5-6 is gapping well, although it’s limited on course data.

However, I’m eyeing options at the 3H spot for more stopping power.

I carry 5 and 6 Ping G430 hybrids; the 5H is about 145 and the 6H 135 so the gapping works for me.

Just bought a 6 H, it will get here Saturday. Hoping to improve my gapping.

I do now. And after a few rounds I absolutely love it. Wish I’d thought of it sooner

Ok, so more hawkpondering on this subject, because I'm dead serious about going this route for an experiment this year.

How are we gapping from our 6h's into our 7 irons? I feel like there's just gotta be a natural gap there, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ok, so more hawkpondering on this subject, because I'm dead serious about going this route for an experiment this year.

How are we gapping from our 6h's into our 7 irons? I feel like there's just gotta be a natural gap there, but maybe I'm wrong.
Diving straight in from the 6H to 7i here

Back