I decided to get one built up when I saw my model that I have at the 4 and 5 get built up. Will see how it goes.

With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?
I own a 6h but it’s not in the bag. 5h just got back in as I was see the numbers closing between 5 & 6 iron.
I feel the need for my 6i in the bag as my least lofted for punching out of thick lies. Thinner lies I have learned to use a choke 3w.

No

With the 5 hybrid thread recently coming back to life I thought we also talk about 6 hybrids.

Who has one in the bag? What made you put it in? How’s it working out?
6 hybrid … whatever it takes to make you a better player. At my fittings I always ask why they want a 4 or 5 iron. You get a lot of “canned” answers. My favorite is “it’s my punch out club”🙄. I just don’t want them using hybrids as a crutch and be screwed when they are faves with a 100 yard iron shot

Reminds me of a friend who had a chipper… started out using it around the green, eventually he’s trying to us it from 100 yards

I have a Paradym 6h with stiff Hzrdus Silver coming. It's to replace my 5i that I just can't hit consistently enough. I have a 4h that I love and let's see how the Paradym gaps.

Have a 4H, and just last week got myself a 5H. Mostly since I can't hit my 5I. Hit my 5H so effortlessly so disappointed that I didn't make the switch sooner. But I hit my 6I just fine so no reason to switch it out. But if you are struggling with your 6I (like I had been with my 5I), you should at least give a 6H a try.

Where has the club been all my life? Built one up over the weekend and it was nothing but high and straight today. Pulled it six times and hit 4 greens, one just in the fringe, and the last one long because the wind got to it a bit and I pured it. The longer hang time I need to adjust more for wind but it was just so easy.

The other concern I had was losing the ability to hit punch outs. Choked down on a 4h and hit one just fine today as well.

If anyone is struggling with long to mid irons, take a look.

Where has the club been all my life? Built one up over the weekend and it was nothing but high and straight today. Pulled it six times and hit 4 greens, one just in the fringe, and the last one long because the wind got to it a bit and I pured it. The longer hang time I need to adjust more for wind but it was just so easy.

The other concern I had was losing the ability to hit punch outs. Choked down on a 4h and hit one just fine today as well.

If anyone is struggling with long to mid irons, take a look.
This was exactly my experience using one for the first time last year.

Hybrids replace irons as you age.

20 = 2H
30 = 3H
40 = 4H

Etc, etc…….

I’m a few years from my 6H and lied about my 5H because it has a 4H head.

😉

Hybrids replace irons as you age.

20 = 2H
30 = 3H
40 = 4H

Etc, etc…….

I’m a few years from my 6H and lied about my 5H because it has a 4H head.

😉
I think I just got called old, but if I hit greens at that rate call me whatever you want 🤣

It does make me wonder why hybrid irons don’t get more play.

It does make me wonder why hybrid irons don’t get more play.

So you have a choice……starter is going to pair you with a fella that has a bouquet of hybrids or one with MB’s that have dime sized wear marks on the face.

How long of a day are you in for?

🤣

I’ll tell you why: because that’s what men do. If we spent as much time drooling over the ladies set ups we’d be better golfers. They’re a lot smarter than us. It’s that simple.

My Paradym 6h is an absolute beast and it works so well from everywhere! I'm stupid to not have had one before. I absolutely adore what that club does for me and how well. 66% GIR...

no, and I like hybrids

i played 2 really bad shots today in 9 holes. both with my 4h feeling pressure. I nutted both 5 and 6 irons in the round. Just no evidence that either a 5 or 6h would help me. i might pull the 4h and putt the 4i back in play

If we spent as much time drooling over the ladies set ups we’d be better golfers. They’re a lot smarter than us. It’s that simple.
honestly going to the LPGA event opened my eyes some. Seeing how many headcovers in the bag…

Seriously - that ZX MkII is legit! Sets up to the ball nicely, didn't make me feel like I was going to yank it off the planet. Probably hit it 20 feet higher than my highest 6 iron. I'm sold.

I probably should. Love my 5 hybrid and my 6 iron is really a hit or miss club that I only truly feel 100% comfortable hitting punch outs with, so yeah will likely be trying out 6 hybrids soon.

I probably should. Love my 5 hybrid and my 6 iron is really a hit or miss club that I only truly feel 100% comfortable hitting punch outs with, so yeah will likely be trying out 6 hybrids soon.
I don’t really struggle with a six iron but in early returns on a 6 hybrid it simply flys higher and stops quicker. Hard for me to turn away from that.

I play Ping 4, 5 and 6 hybrids. 7 is my first iron in the bag.

I am a high ball hitter, and with my angle of descent I can get these hybrids to stop on a dime when hitting into greens.

Love 'em!

I picked up a 4 hybrid last year and hit it so well, I decided to replace both my 5 and 6 with hybrids this past season. I am a lot more consistent with them compared to the irons.

I go 5-AW so no 6h for me. The 5 spot has seen a hybrid before but the 6i for me has been like the 7i to Tin Cup. It’s my security blanket.

No, but I have nothing against someone who does.

6H? Nope. I've never hit a hybrid. I like fairway woods. What's the loft on a 6H? I'm looking for a club that's right around 27-32* loft or so. Preferably I'd like it to be a wood recently released in lefty.

Back