Edel Array Fitting

mson

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Starting a new thread focused on the Array fitting and coping my post below from the Array putter thread. For anyone remotely interested in the Arrays, highly encourage you to go through the fitting and see the magic of this fitting system first hand.

Just got home from the fitting. I didn’t get to a chance to really snap any pictures as we were moving through a bunch of stuff rather quickly it felt a little awkward to ask him to hold on while I take pictures, but I’ll start off by saying the fitting process with the Array is pretty awesome. I was the first Array fitting for this location so I’m sure they’re just getting into the swing of it, but overall it went smoothly and the fitter was knowledgeable around Edel’s fitting philosophy. I spent about 40ish minutes going through the bulk of the fitting and then spent 15-20 minutes generally talking about the Array putters, the Quest Cup, and GolfTec. This was my first putter fitting and it was a lot of fun doing it around the Arrays with so much customization.

My fitter started me off with my current gamer. I took 6 putts from about 15 ft so he could assess my putting stroke, distance control and miss. Nothing too crazy - slight arc in my stroke and tend to miss short and right. He did mention I tend to stab at the ball at impact and should squeeze in more putting practice :(, which is true. Once he had a good baseline, it was on to the Arrays.

Fitting for aim bias with the laser was pretty eye opening and a great process to go through. I may or may not have been like 4-5” off on my aim initially from not THAT far away :ROFLMAO:, which certainly explains my right miss. After playing around with sight lines and heads, that laser was right on target. The magnetic sight lines is just one of few areas where the Array system really shined. Being able to swap out the sight lines from blank to lines to dots in a matter of seconds and see how it impacted my aim was pretty cool. It was a little harder to do with the B-1 since they only had one head available and it doesn’t have the magnetic sight lines. My fitter just set the plates on the back of the blade just for the purpose of the laser to see how it changed my aim and it seemed to work out. I will say it would have been nice if they had both the dot and line for the B-1, but we made it work. The aim bias portion is where we sort of narrowed in on a head that gave me the best result.

We didn’t go through every hosel combination as my fitter narrowed in on what he felt I needed based on my initial assessment, but we did play around with head weight next. We started at the standard 15g weights, I’d take 6 putts, and we‘d assess the miss. From there, adjust the head weight, another 6 putts and repeat until we got the results we wanted. I always find it amazing how small changes in head weight are so noticeable and make such a huge impact.

As a final step, he brought out the different grip options. The fitting was done entirely on the flat standard grip, but I got to hold and feel the round standard and round slim as well. Round was definitely an interesting feel and certainly different from what I’ve normally used. Since it wasn’t on the club, it was hard to tell how it would feel when actually putting.

At this point, we finalized my specs and I just asked for some free time to putt around and get a better feel for these putters. As we’ve all seen from the pictures, these putters look fantastic. The milling work is incredible and the feel off of the face is great. Nice soft feel, solid sound and rolls well. As if I wasn’t already excited, this fitting has me even more excited to get one in the bag in a few months.

I really am impressed with the Arrays and how easily customizable they are on the spot. There are obviously a lot of different combinations you can make with the Array and the speed at which my fitter was able to change out different variables to create a new spec was incredible. Think about how easy it is in a driver fitting to swap shafts, move weight, adjust the sleeve, etc. and apply all of that to the putter - you get the Array. Although I was my fitters first Array fitting, he did say this Array fitting kit made it much simpler to work with to dial in the fit.

As for which putter I was fit into….you’ll have to tune in to the Quest Cup live thread in a few months once I have it in hand :)

I can’t wait for my fitting

This sounds like so much fun.

Do you feel if the fitter has more fittings under their belt, or if you were at HQ for example, the fitting would take less time based on the initial data gathering?

I still need to get to HQ here in Denver and do the SMS fitting so if I can do a 2 for 1, that would be so sweet.

This sounds like so much fun.

Do you feel if the fitter has more fittings under their belt, or if you were at HQ for example, the fitting would take less time based on the initial data gathering?

I still need to get to HQ here in Denver and do the SMS fitting so if I can do a 2 for 1, that would be so sweet.
I think the fitting could have taken less time than it did, but I actually think I slowed down the fitting by asking a ton of questions throughout (I was throughly enjoying my first putter fitting). Even though it was their first Array fitting, I wouldn’t have known unless I asked. They’ve only had the Arrays for week at this location, but he was well versed in everything.

I‘m pretty sure the fitter knew based on my initial assessment the few combos that would make the most sense, but we went through the different customizations just to make sure. HQ has an even better sense of this since they do this 100% of their time. The cool thing about what I experienced today is, you can do so much more customization to really dial in your spec in the same amount of time as any other fitting with how easy it is to mix and match different heads, hosels, sights, etc.

Great writeup! Can't wait for my fitting.

Starting a new thread focused on the Array fitting and coping my post below from the Array putter thread. For anyone remotely interested in the Arrays, highly encourage you to go through the fitting and see the magic of this fitting system first hand.

Just got home from the fitting. I didn’t get to a chance to really snap any pictures as we were moving through a bunch of stuff rather quickly it felt a little awkward to ask him to hold on while I take pictures, but I’ll start off by saying the fitting process with the Array is pretty awesome. I was the first Array fitting for this location so I’m sure they’re just getting into the swing of it, but overall it went smoothly and the fitter was knowledgeable around Edel’s fitting philosophy. I spent about 40ish minutes going through the bulk of the fitting and then spent 15-20 minutes generally talking about the Array putters, the Quest Cup, and GolfTec. This was my first putter fitting and it was a lot of fun doing it around the Arrays with so much customization.

My fitter started me off with my current gamer. I took 6 putts from about 15 ft so he could assess my putting stroke, distance control and miss. Nothing too crazy - slight arc in my stroke and tend to miss short and right. He did mention I tend to stab at the ball at impact and should squeeze in more putting practice :(, which is true. Once he had a good baseline, it was on to the Arrays.

Fitting for aim bias with the laser was pretty eye opening and a great process to go through. I may or may not have been like 4-5” off on my aim initially from not THAT far away :ROFLMAO:, which certainly explains my right miss. After playing around with sight lines and heads, that laser was right on target. The magnetic sight lines is just one of few areas where the Array system really shined. Being able to swap out the sight lines from blank to lines to dots in a matter of seconds and see how it impacted my aim was pretty cool. It was a little harder to do with the B-1 since they only had one head available and it doesn’t have the magnetic sight lines. My fitter just set the plates on the back of the blade just for the purpose of the laser to see how it changed my aim and it seemed to work out. I will say it would have been nice if they had both the dot and line for the B-1, but we made it work. The aim bias portion is where we sort of narrowed in on a head that gave me the best result.

We didn’t go through every hosel combination as my fitter narrowed in on what he felt I needed based on my initial assessment, but we did play around with head weight next. We started at the standard 15g weights, I’d take 6 putts, and we‘d assess the miss. From there, adjust the head weight, another 6 putts and repeat until we got the results we wanted. I always find it amazing how small changes in head weight are so noticeable and make such a huge impact.

As a final step, he brought out the different grip options. The fitting was done entirely on the flat standard grip, but I got to hold and feel the round standard and round slim as well. Round was definitely an interesting feel and certainly different from what I’ve normally used. Since it wasn’t on the club, it was hard to tell how it would feel when actually putting.

At this point, we finalized my specs and I just asked for some free time to putt around and get a better feel for these putters. As we’ve all seen from the pictures, these putters look fantastic. The milling work is incredible and the feel off of the face is great. Nice soft feel, solid sound and rolls well. As if I wasn’t already excited, this fitting has me even more excited to get one in the bag in a few months.

I really am impressed with the Arrays and how easily customizable they are on the spot. There are obviously a lot of different combinations you can make with the Array and the speed at which my fitter was able to change out different variables to create a new spec was incredible. Think about how easy it is in a driver fitting to swap shafts, move weight, adjust the sleeve, etc. and apply all of that to the putter - you get the Array. Although I was my fitters first Array fitting, he did say this Array fitting kit made it much simpler to work with to dial in the fit.

As for which putter I was fit into….you’ll have to tune in to the Quest Cup live thread in a few months once I have it in hand :)
Excellent post my guy.

And yeah, I always try to tell people, that laser will HUMBLE you. Hahaha

Such a tease with withholding the specs 🤩

Thanks for sharing! There is a specialty fitter here who really knows the Edel process and I’m thinking about trying the array fitting.

I did a putter fitting at CC a year ago but they don’t fit Edel enough to really know the system.

Thanks for sharing! There is a specialty fitter here who really knows the Edel process and I’m thinking about trying the array fitting.

I did a putter fitting at CC a year ago but they don’t fit Edel enough to really know the system.
They were all trained on the system, many simply didn't want to take the time and go through the process when they could just toss people on SAM. Its one of my nitpicks about CC. That was a massive reason for Edel re-invinting the fitting kits this time, imo now there are no excuses for places that will be carrying the putters.

Excellent post my guy.

And yeah, I always try to tell people, that laser will HUMBLE you. Hahaha
It really does! Feels good though once you get things dialed in and the aim ends up where it’s supposed to be. You know the fitting is working.

Just book a fitting for March 9th at Golftec. I am really looking for to it. I am curious if you did yours at a Golftec and did you take your putter as a starting point similar to an iron fitting?

I recall lag fitting is part of the Edel fitting process correct? How does fitting indoors impact that? I have a Golftec close by but I don’t think the putting area is that long.

There is a place at a golf course about an hour away that would be an option also I am wondering if that would be a better option.

Just book a fitting for March 9th at Golftec. I am really looking for to it. I am curious if you did yours at a Golftec and did you take your putter as a starting point similar to an iron fitting?
Yes, mine was at GolfTec. I did bring my putter and we used it at the beginning to assess my general putting stroke and typical miss so he could establish a baseline. We also just talked about why I went with it, if I was fit for it, how I’ve been playing with it, etc.

Yes you should give it another try. The Edel process with laser is such a good experience. Eye opening for me both in aim and putting mechanics.

Got to make a few putts with the F1 a week or so ago. Great putter looks are spectacular sound is great as well. If I didn’t have the EAS putter in both a 4.0 and a 1.5 I might be all in on the Array in the F1 or F2 model.

I recall lag fitting is part of the Edel fitting process correct? How does fitting indoors impact that? I have a Golftec close by but I don’t think the putting area is that long.

There is a place at a golf course about an hour away that would be an option also I am wondering if that would be a better option.
The putting area wasn’t huge where I went, maybe 20-25 ft max. We did work on a few different distances, but just a handful at 10 and 15 ft to dial in the head weight and make sure aim bias was addressed. No real emphasis on lag putting at least in my fitting.

The putting area wasn’t huge where I went, maybe 20-25 ft max. We did work on a few different distances, but just a handful at 10 and 15 ft to dial in the head weight and make sure aim bias was addressed. No real emphasis on lag putting at least in my fitting.
15 is ample to dial in weight for pace/lag putting. 6 is ideal for the laser.

That’s plenty of room.

When a did my Edel fitting in 22 the lag putting portion was to dial in weight. Distance was in the 20 foot range if I remember correctly.

Thanks for taking us through all of the steps! I have seen a Few people go with round putter grips but I’m not a fan. Love the fitting description. I hope the new putter works well for you!

They were all trained on the system, many simply didn't want to take the time and go through the process when they could just toss people on SAM. It’s one of my nitpicks about CC. That was a massive reason for Edel re-invinting the fitting kits this time, imo now there are no excuses for places that will be carrying the putters.
Agreed, i have loved every fitting have had at CC but was pretty disappointed they didn’t know the Edel process better. They were somehow missing a lot of parts a couple years ago too so i couldn’t really do much. If I pull the trigger I’ll go to the specialty fitter, he sounded like he really knew how to do the Edel fitting the last time I talked to him.

Yes you should give it another try. The Edel process with laser is such a good experience. Eye opening for me both in aim and putting mechanics.

Got to make a few putts with the F1 a week or so ago. Great putter looks are spectacular sound is great as well. If I didn’t have the EAS putter in both a 4.0 and a 1.5 I might be all in on the Array in the F1 or F2 model.
I definitely want to give it a shot, I’m due for some new wedges too so it’s the perfect time to refresh the Edel in my bag.

Guess who has as an Edel Array putter fitting at 2pm today at GolfTec?

I spoke with the GolfTec that I have an appointment at and they don't have their Edel fitting kit yet. Fingers crossed they get it by March 9th!

I will try to take as many pics as possible.

Back